white
    98 Ram air T/A Ls1/T-56

FROST at LSXTUNE.COM Mail order tune?

Ok here is my personal experience, with Steve Williams (FROST) From LSXTUNE.COM.
    I have a 98 T/A I put an ls6 intake, volant cold air kit, long tubes, Y-Pipe and tsp rumbler catback, and swapped gears in the rear. I had heard of the mail order tunes and everyone seemed to be recommending frost, so I gave him a call, and had a talk. I told him what I had done to the car and He told me what I needed, I like that because I am a wrench man not a diagnostics man. I sent him my PCM and he did the egr and air delete along with the rear o2s, did the speedo work for the swap and then worked his magic with the other stuff. He sent the PCM back out the next morning and I recieved it back the same week I sent it out, I live in Texas and He is in Virginia. I put it in the car and my T/A really screams big noticable difference. I was in this for under 200 bucks, A price that any Other reputable place will not match. This alone is a positive statment for His work but that was not all. The gear swap I did was from 3.42 to 4.10 I drove the car for 4 days maybe and hated the gears, I pulled them out and went with 3.73s which I like a whole lot better, but my speedo was off, I talk to Steve and what does He charge to correct it again, -due to my decision- Nothing thats right,just cover the shipping to him and back and He did it for free. If you need a tune and dont know who to trust I will only recommend Frost thats it. He is a car guy like us and will take care of you.

Frost, thanks again bro
    Ronnie Dean
    North Richland Hills Texas

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

When its time to get mine tuned I will be sending it to frost also nothing but good new about him and his work.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I've heard good things of Frost as well, but will probably stick with the local guy, Ed Wright, of Fastchip. Y2K swears by him and I trust his experience.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

frosty did mine and i have had a couple of friends send their stuff to him! thanks FROST!

navy blue metallic
    2000 z28 camaro

Frost Just Did Mine After A Nice 224/224 112lsa 581 Lift Cam Install Awesome!!!! Starts And Idles Incredible And It Definately Runs Much Stronger I Will Be Going To Richmond To Let Him Work His Magic On The Street And On The Dyno In A Few Weeks!! Awesome Guy To Deal With!! I Would Recommend His Services To Anyone Who Needs A Tune!!!!!
    4.10 RICHMOND GEARS,LAKEWOOD LCA'S,EATON POSI,EDELBROCK TORQUE ARM,
    LAKEWOOD PANHARD BAR,SLP LID,,B&M RIPPER SHIFTER,EDELBROCK STRUT TOWER BRACE,SLP FAN CONTROL,SLP LINE LOCK,17 INCH ZR1S WITH 315 35S AND 275 40S,SLP Y-PIPE,TSP 224/224 112LSA CAM,COMP SPRINGS,TUNED BY FROST @ LSXTUNE.COM

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

How does he "tune" without your car? Isnt that pretty much just guessing? Now trying to knock his work. But wouldnt you get a better tune with the car on the dyno?

Again just trying to understand.

white
    98 Ram air T/A Ls1/T-56

With bolt ons I think he would just use what is tried and true with previous cars with the same modifications not sure, Will tell you this though, mail order tune, under 200 dyno tune cost 400 bucks.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by RARON455 View Post
    With bolt ons I think he would just use what is tried and true with previous cars with the same modifications not sure, Will tell you this though, mail order tune, under 200 dyno tune cost 400 bucks.
    If I wasn't so close to Ed, it would be cool to save the money, but I work like 2 miles from his shop, so it seems reasonable to save up and get the full dyno done, so I can have sheets to show people instead of saying "well, I think I've got right around 250,000 horsepower, give or take a few hundred thousand..." hehe. I would like to get a comparison of mail order guys though...Ed does that too. I'd like to see the same car with both guys tunes, and compare sheets...if someone hasn't already done so.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Hey guys, thanks for all of the kind words

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    How does he "tune" without your car? Isnt that pretty much just guessing? Now trying to knock his work. But wouldnt you get a better tune with the car on the dyno?

Again just trying to understand.
    -Sure you will have better results on the dyno, but for bolt-ons cars (and a great many cammed setups) with a stock MAF I can get the car *very* close. You also get the rest of the benefits that are not fuel or spark related such as skip shift removal for M6s, tq management removal for autos (and much much better shifting), any codes such as rear O2s deleted, fans adjusted down, speed limiter removed, and more.

Again, thanks for the nice words and if you guys need anything, just let me know.

Thread Information