Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567824344454 ... LastLast

Black
    2005 Pontiac GTO

Ok, what if you make a BIG boo, boo and add more 2 stroke oil the recommended amount. I somehow was thinking 4oz per 5 gals of gas... So, I've added 12oz of 2 stroke oil... Am I screwed????

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    If he only knew how much water and corrosive (pipeline transport) chemicals are in his "clean" gas he would really shit
    so sarge do have any idea how much (really) fuel is in each gallon of gas?....reading this thread really got me thinking about just how much of a percentage is additives and impurities...just curious if anyone knew

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by cjfast View Post
    Ok, what if you make a BIG boo, boo and add more 2 stroke oil the recommended amount. I somehow was thinking 4oz per 5 gals of gas... So, I've added 12oz of 2 stroke oil... Am I screwed????
    worse thing that might happen at that level is a minor loss of power, a little smoke and at worse caemybe foul a plug...just run it for a little while and top your tank back of to dilute your mixture....oh and breathe it will be fine

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by rednari View Post
    Sarge, don't mention the 1970's. I do not want to return to that era. But we are in an energy crisis and it appears stagflation also. Meaning no growth and yet inflation which usually does not occur during slow growth periods. Now we have classic symtoms: people getting laid off, or experiencing salary cutbacks, while necessity prices skyrocket. The carbon geeks, want to outlaw our cars.

But, the worst scenario is what will happen to our country should we lose confidence in it now as we did then. To prevent this retrograde, the country must come to terms with high energy and food prices. We must as a nation develop a coherent and sound energy policy which will map out our future needs, instead of the piecemeal and haphazard system we now use. And liberal solutions, like returning to 4 and 3 cylinder cars and driving in the right hand lane at 55mph, are where we are headed unless we develop an energy policy.

Last but not least, I do not want to see the population become so frustrated that it shuns or vilifies itself, our veterans, our flag, or our way of life. Indeed, Indy Mac just folded on Friday and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac came close to failure also. We need action now, before our confidence is completely undermined and we begin to turn on ourselves. God Bless America!
    Amen brother, and let me add god bless our troops too!
    I think nomatter what happens give it about 5 years of hard times and we will get through it

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

I was also thinking is there anyway to purify gas? I know we can use tricks like these to help and maintain poor quality gasoline but is there any way to clean the gas? Any system/machine?

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    I was also thinking is there anyway to purify gas? I know we can use tricks like these to help and maintain poor quality gasoline but is there any way to clean the gas? Any system/machine?
    what about the fitch stuff?

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I figured I'd give this shit a try on my truck (176K) and see what happens. Went into Wally world and damnit if there wasn't 20 different types of pennzoil 2 cycle TC-W3® oil on the shelf. They only had the full synthetic in 16oz bottles which is nice, since it's easier to measure but there were a ton of 1gal bottles. I picked up the 16oz full synthetic for $3 which should last two months at 4oz a fillup.

the two main I noticed were both syn blends and there was a difference of $13 for the outboard vs $24 for the marine. Do you know of a difference between the two for the price? both are TC-W3.

rednari
    Mark 21, I see we have a guy who is also thinking about the issues. I also agree we will get through it. We always do! But at what cost? You can put a fork in GM, Ford, and Chrysler. One or all of them will not get through the crisis. We cannot continue to send 700 billion dollars a year overseas to pay for oil. It will bankrupt us.

We must drill for more oil, and at the same time make sure the country understands we are at the end of the oil as motor fuel era. We use about 20 million barrel a day, of which the majority, about 12-13 million is used for petro chemical production, fertilizers, etc. The rest is consumed as motor fuel including cars, trucks, trains, and ships. We used oil as a primary source of hydrocarbons because it was cheap and available. Now it is neither.

Coal gasification and liquidation and biofuels must provide an increasing amount of the hydrocarbon needs. Oil will eventually be used only as a lubricant and for other specialty purposes. The crisis is much to serious to allow the oil companies to interfere or to stop or impede the development of alternative fuels. Wise oil companies will also invest in alternative fuels and not try to pretend the crisis will pass and that there is plenty of oil.

While there maybe plenty of oil worldwide, it is not under our control and we must purchase it thereby upsetting the balance of trade, devaluating the dollar, and causing commoditiy prices to rise. The country must view the energy crisis as serious and treat it as the 21st century equivelant to the Manhattan Project, where we developed the atomic bomb.

Worse yet for our forum members, the carbon geeks have their simplistic answers, to wit: no drilling, no coal, no nuclear power, no 8 cylinder cars and back to candles and a log cabin. They will bankrupt us through inaction. Holy Mary!!
    Last edited by rednari; 07-14-2008 at 07:15 PM.

hugger orange

hey rednari, GM is having a major (retooling) anouncement in the morning.....so I guess its starting now....remember reading about how many auto manufacters were in the USA before the first great depression? who will be left after this one?
    I'm a truck driver so I have a lot of free time to think about things and I see just how the fuel prices effect freight including everything on the shelves in the grocery store, we are paying right at $5 a gallon and most truck only average 5-6 mpg so that price get passed to the customer....where will it stop and at what cost to us and our country?

.....but look on the brite side of things, if Obama becomes president you might not be able to afford gas for your car to get to work, or food for your family.... but you will have free health care lol

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    I figured I'd give this shit a try on my truck (176K) and see what happens. Went into Wally world and damnit if there wasn't 20 different types of pennzoil 2 cycle TC-W3® oil on the shelf. They only had the full synthetic in 16oz bottles which is nice, since it's easier to measure but there were a ton of 1gal bottles. I picked up the 16oz full synthetic for $3 which should last two months at 4oz a fillup.

the two main I noticed were both syn blends and there was a difference of $13 for the outboard vs $24 for the marine. Do you know of a difference between the two for the price? both are TC-W3.
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Yes I do know the difference. Absolutely nothing. Hows that for marketing? Get the cheapest TW W3 and go out the door.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by cjfast View Post
    LOL....dont worry we had some of our test mules do the same thing....you'll smell really good going down the street for awhile Run it down to about a half tank and fill up with Shell or Chevron Premium ( Top Tier Gas).....dont add any oil....then run that down to half a tank and start over with the 1oz to 5 gallons....you didnt hurt anything...the 2 stroke oil will not harm sensors or cats in anyway at all....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    so sarge do have any idea how much (really) fuel is in each gallon of gas?....reading this thread really got me thinking about just how much of a percentage is additives and impurities...just curious if anyone knew
    Well if you listen to the big oil companies none....if you listen to the distributors about 5% of "bullshit" in each gallon......so if I had 20 gallons of gas I got 2 gallons of "stuff"....some of this stuff is good and some is acceptable....never lose sight of the fact the Dept of Transportation and the Dept of Ag allows "stuff" in their requirements of the gas manufacturers....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    I'm sure there is but the gains would be minimal....use the 2 stroke oil is doing more for your engine/fuel system than any machine/filter could possibly do....

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Great info and write up Sarge!
    Any little bit is needed with these dumb ass gas prices.

Sorry I haven't been around I'm still back east helping with Grandma. Some how she has leveled off. . . . . . . . . Fucking Dr.'s don't know shit. She hasn't had a blood transfusion in over 10 weeks now. I cut most of her meds except for her jumpy legs. . . . . . . Shit they were giving her 3 units of blood every 3 weeks and 27 pills a day. . . . . . . . . . . . FUCKERS
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Great info and write up Sarge!
    Any little bit is needed with these dumb ass gas prices.

Sorry I haven't been around I'm still back east helping with Grandma. Some how she has leveled off. . . . . . . . . Fucking Dr.'s don't know shit. She hasn't had a blood transfusion in over 10 weeks now. I cut most of her meds except for her jumpy legs. . . . . . . Shit they were giving her 3 units of blood every 3 weeks and 27 pills a day. . . . . . . . . . . . FUCKERS
    my uncle aged atleast 10 years because the doctors over medicated him and striped all the B12 out of his body

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Another Great Writeup

Pewter
    '99 Trans Am

The MPG doesnt concern me so much as just wanting my car to continue running strong for as long as possible, especially considering i run hard.

Just a few questions that hopefully someone knows the answers for:
    What exactly is this 'stuff' that is in the gas?
    I can't always find 93 octane, so i use 91 if i have to depending on what stations i am at....does the octane affect the results of this gas/tcw3 treatment?
    Is this going to mess with my tune or computer and is it neccessary for a retune?
    Finally, this stuff in the gas...its not removed with this TCW3 treatment, just treated. So its still in there. I dont mean to question the results, as over 6 months and 100,000+ miles of testing is great, but its ok that its still in there?

'99 Trans Am Pewter M6
    St. Louis, MO
    Mods/upgrades: SLP lid-Longtubes-ORY-LM2 catback, drilled rotors&Hawk pads, MSD wires
    PITA: window motors+regulator, brass gear, DRL sockets X 7
    Soon: clutch, LS6 intake
    I know members here scream about SeaFoam. Many voted for Obama also.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by transAMchubby View Post
    The MPG doesnt concern me so much as just wanting my car to continue running strong for as long as possible, especially considering i run hard.

Just a few questions that hopefully someone knows the answers for:
    What exactly is this 'stuff' that is in the gas?
    I can't always find 93 octane, so i use 91 if i have to depending on what stations i am at....does the octane affect the results of this gas/tcw3 treatment?
    Is this going to mess with my tune or computer and is it neccessary for a retune?
    Finally, this stuff in the gas...its not removed with this TCW3 treatment, just treated. So its still in there. I dont mean to question the results, as over 6 months and 100,000+ miles of testing is great, but its ok that its still in there?

Never apologize for asking good questions.....unless one of your questions is can I have beer out of your stash Sarge.....
    the stuff in gas is everything from water to dirt/silicon/pipeline greases...what we do with the 2 stroke stuff is capture it and burn it in the combustion process versus letting it settle out in the fuel system....no negative impact on any sensors/cats/tuning.....the oil coats and protects your upper cylinder and rings....protects your fuel system...this is why some of our test mules put out lower emissions when tested than before...better compression from the ring packs getting cleaned.....more efficient means more MPG and more importantly more RWHP and longer component life. A great discovery about all this is we are getting lower wear metals from the cylinder walls being coated thus lower wear metals at start up....I just ran 500 miles and sent a sample in to the lab and got the report back today.......lowest wear metals EVER>>>>>>

rednari
    Good point, Mark 21. The only manufacturers left will be asian after this crisis because their respective governments will not let them fail. But, we skip along merrily, idiotically believing in free markets when the playing field is ALWAYS tilted against us. It is so pathetic, other counties laugh at us behind our back.

We built up Taiwan, Korea, Japan, and the Philippines to setforth a beacon against communism and to show the Chinese a better way and to keep the Indians from turning to communism. But, we created a monster that is gobbling up the world's resources. And really for what. Every intelligent person, every think tank, and every military study indicates the Chinese government, which is still communistic, wants free market trade base to tax and thereafter build fleets of aircraft carriers, missiles, and gigantic tank armies. Which they intend to use against us in the future.

You may say why would they attack us? Because they will increasingly come to view us as a competitor for ever tightening resources. That is another reason for energy independence. Yet, we are facing the distinct possibility of a President Obama who is becoming Dr. No. Meaning, no drilling, no nuclear power, no coal, etc. I suppose he wants us to drive 2 cylinder cars and burn candles. Like that A hole Carter, who moved into the white house and installed wood burning stoves as an example of oil conservation. God help us!

Black
    2006 Pontiac GTO

We'll be OK man.
    That makes two of us that feel that way. When the going gets rough we get going. God Bless America

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567824344454 ... LastLast

Thread Information