Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Thanks for the bump

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

The mustang guys have no info on the heads?? I want to find out if the guy blew steam up his ass with the heads or if they acually are different heads.

Black
    03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    The mustang guys have no info on the heads?? I want to find out if the guy blew steam up his ass with the heads or if they acually are different heads.
    Im not too familiar with the stock heads I just know they are very restricting on 50s and I was told by a tuner that it's a waste of time porting out the stock heads, there is nothing better than getting some aluminum heads preferably trickflow wedge or AFR heads

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by mike302 View Post
    Im not too familiar with the stock heads I just know they are very restricting on 50s and I was told by a tuner that it's a waste of time porting out the stock heads, there is nothing better than getting some aluminum heads preferably trickflow wedge or AFR heads
    For the time or money it would take to port a set of E7TE's it would make more sense to buy a set of better flowing (out of the box) heads.

black
    1993 mustang

tell your friend to go to tri-state cylinder heads website. They hve some nice aluminum heads for the price of ported stockers. what type or who ported his stock heads? I've heard that thumper heads are pretty good ported stock heads.

Black
    03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    For the time or money it would take to port a set of E7TE's it would make more sense to buy a set of better flowing (out of the box) heads.
    1+++

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

No clue on who ported them. He was told they were all redone 93 heads. Only info I have guys, sorry.

black
    1993 mustang

well they might be rebuilt stock heads. nothing done to them just new parts. tell him to replace them. he will be a much happier stang guy!

Black
    03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by tegaman111 View Post
    well they might be rebuilt stock heads. nothing done to them just new parts. tell him to replace them. he will be a much happier stang guy!
    he should get the trickflow package upper and lower intake manifold/twisted wedge aluminum heads/cam! that should do it!

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by mike302 View Post
    he should get the trickflow package upper and lower intake manifold/twisted wedge aluminum heads/cam! that should do it!
    My '90 GT had Canfield aluminum heads w/ a ported Trick Flow Track Heat intake. Very impressive top-end coming from just 311 cubic-inches.

black
    1993 mustang

yes, any one of those combos will work. maybe overkill, but to me necessary. upgrade his fuel system. 255 in tank pump, 24 or 30lb injectors, and a fuel pressure regulator. get it tuned and he is good to go.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Overkill on heads/cam/intake can be a VERY bad thing. I've seen it dozens of times...people spend big money on "Stage 3 ported Canfield Heads and xxx cam etc etc", only to pick up 30 RWHP (all above 5500 rpm) and run about the same ET.

With a stock bottom end, it is best to stay conservative on heads/cam/intake package. Certainly a well-matched aluminum head setup is far more cost efficient than trying to work the stock heads. Yes, they can be made to flow, but its not cheap, its not easy, and you'll never have the potential of a quality aftermarket head.

A 255 lph pump is a waste on a H/C/I motor, but if it is priced the same as other pumps, then it won't hurt either.

I'd get it custom tuned or buy tuning equipment and NOT get a fuel pressure regulator. Let the computer do that.

black
    1993 mustang

yes u r correct. usually people r always upgrading that is why i said to upgrade the fuel system. people always try to get the combo tuned but they run out of fuel. especially if the fuel injectors and or fuel pump is old.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Well, he has the shifter but not on yet. The thing is nickeling him and dimeing him right now. His crank bolt came out and the crank pulley and such almost fell off. So he is ordering a new system. He also is getting a belt. We found out that it has no air pump. Thats the update. He is going to have to hurry up because I just cleaned my MAF for the first time, new fuel filter, and 2 new O2's. The car is more of a beast now, it helped out quite a bit for me.

10's N/A

Well, he has the shifter but not on yet. The thing is nickeling him and dimeing him right now. His crank bolt came out and the crank pulley and such almost fell off. So he is ordering a new system. He also is getting a belt. We found out that it has no air pump. Thats the update. He is going to have to hurry up because I just cleaned my MAF for the first time, new fuel filter, and 2 new O2's. The car is more of a beast now, it helped out quite a bit for me.
    You said you pulled him by 5 tenths (5 cars) or so...so I don't know what there is to worry about?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

You said you pulled him by 5 tenths (5 cars) or so...so I don't know what there is to worry about?
    I know, but his mods will be coming eventually and he has unlimited money (due to grandparents spoiling him). So at my rate, and his rate, he should be close within the year or maybe next year early.

10's N/A

I know, but his mods will be coming eventually and he has unlimited money (due to grandparents spoiling him). So at my rate, and his rate, he should be close within the year or maybe next year early.
    Oh well in that case if he ends up being faster than you so be it. Your car will still look better than his!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Oh well in that case if he ends up being faster than you so be it. Your car will still look better than his!
    I agree. I don't like getting beat but you have to pay to play and whoever pays biggest, will play the baddest.

Thread Information