Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Ok. What did it run before the modifications?

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    Super! I'm sure you feel that this validates your argument.

Listen, it was fun arguing about Cobras and LS1s but I'm getting bored now, and would rather not switch to this new subject. I can see that this is going to take a few years of ass-whoopings before you realize the truth, and then it'll take the rest of your life to figure out.

Chris
    Yes it does because it contradicts your previous thread. Not only that but look at their fastest LSX thread w/ some 8 second cars.

silver
    2002 ws6

mustangs suck

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    mustangs suck
    lol short, sweet, and to the point

Black
    03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    mustangs suck
    you see, I was flamed down for going off on you guys and this is why I did it! These type of comments is what starts a war

Ok you told every body how you feel about mustangs do you feel better about your self now???

everybody has their own thoughts on things or people so what can I say thanks for sharing a unnecessary comment, it's like a broken record I here it over and over and over in this site!

I thought there was respect! where are those guys saying that you guys have respect towards ford guys that came in your site BLAH BLAH BLAH etc.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by mike302 View Post
    you see, I was flamed down for going off on you guys and this is why I did it! These type of comments is what starts a war

Ok you told every body how you feel about mustangs do you feel better about your self now???

everybody has their own thoughts on things or people so what can I say thanks for sharing a unnecessary comment, it's like a broken record I here it over and over and over in this site!

I thought there was respect! where are those guys saying that you guys have respect towards ford guys that came in your site BLAH BLAH BLAH etc.
    Let him have his fun, whenever I go to any other forum and get flamed with comments like that. It doesnt bother me because I understand that is their area. Its like going to Iran and preaching christianity, and saying Allah sucks.
    Just expect to get shit whenever you go into someone elses area.

Black
    03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    Let him have his fun, whenever I go to any other forum and get flamed with comments like that. It doesnt bother me because I understand that is their area. Its like going to Iran and preaching christianity, and saying Allah sucks.
    Just expect to get shit whenever you go into someone elses area.
    True that!

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by mike302 View Post

again you started this by talking about get a mustang when he's asking about camaro right there your saying the same thing just nicer, second your the one starting the insults with the "just trying to save him a headache" comment so why are suprised when you get this comment. Plus it's a ls forum, in other words a chevy motor forum and your talking up mustangs.... you know saying these things are going to get those comments. thats like some fat ass who eat mcdonalds everyday then asks how did i get fat .... dumbass

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    you ford guys are ridiculous, SERIOUSLY, a 96 cobra? wtf. you ford guys also say a brand new GT will stay door to door with us,( havent seen that happen either) so a 96 cobra and a new GT are neck and neck? right..
    my friends 07 gt (cold air intake and full bassani exhause from the high flow cats all the way back and a hurst short throw) v.s. my 1998 ss(slp cat-back at the time) never came close to sitting door to door(. The only mustang that sat door to door with me was a 05 that had headers, exhaust and intake with 4.10 he pulled on me in 1st I caught him in 2nd and kept pulling.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Torque doesn't win races....until you multiply it by rpm. But then again, we call that HP.

The C&D article that is linked is pretty interesting, in that the numbers contradict each other. Case in point....both the WS6 and SS in that article are rated at the same HP, have the same tranny, have the same gearing, and have similar weights (in fact, the SS is listed with a slightly higher curb weight). They even comment that the WS6 is easier to launch. However, the SS is somehow, someway, 5 tenths and 4 mph quicker/faster than the mechanically identical WS6.

Is the WS6 a dog, or the SS a ringer?

Regardless....in a head-to-head drag race with equal mods, the 96-98 Cobra will give an LT1 all it wants. And then some. No matter what the LT1 faithful wish to believe.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Ok. What did it run before the modifications?
    13.9 w/ bald tires and 2:73 gears in the heat.

10's N/A

Torque doesn't win races....until you multiply it by rpm. But then again, we call that HP.

The C&D article that is linked is pretty interesting, in that the numbers contradict each other. Case in point....both the WS6 and SS in that article are rated at the same HP, have the same tranny, have the same gearing, and have similar weights (in fact, the SS is listed with a slightly higher curb weight). They even comment that the WS6 is easier to launch. However, the SS is somehow, someway, 5 tenths and 4 mph quicker/faster than the mechanically identical WS6.

Is the WS6 a dog, or the SS a ringer?

Regardless....in a head-to-head drag race with equal mods, the 96-98 Cobra will give an LT1 all it wants. And then some. No matter what the LT1 faithful wish to believe.
    So are you calling Car & Driver ball faced liars? Are you implying that they (for some odd reason) are biased to Chevrolet (and not Pontiac?). I recall you stating something in the past in which you claimed a magazine had ran an unbelievable time in another GM car. Call it how you wan't it, but a '96-97 SS will eat a '96-98 Cobra w/ equal drivers. My '97 SS wen't 13.5@104.8 bone-stock. My fathers '96 SS went 13.6@105 bone-stock. Not only did C&D hit mid 13's in their tester, but so did MCR (13.4@106), Motor Trend (13.5@104.7), and another mag (forget which one) that took a stock '97 SS to a 13.5@105.3 in the same article in which their '97 Cobra tester wen't - yet again - 14.0@100. But I forgot, you were the only one in the entire universe that claimed to have taken your '96-98-style Cobra to a 13.6@104. So is it not possible that the SS can do it?

Look up any comparison/road test you wan't to and everyone will point to the SS as the clear winner. They were not identical in performance. The much rarer '95 Cobra R was more suited to compete with the GM ram-air cars of '96. Too bad they only made a tad over 100 of them. Like said in my other posts, I had no trouble terminating the SN95 4.6 Cobras, and even had my fair share of '99 & '01 Cobra meat. I've seen more low 14's out of the 96-98 cars than I can stand to remember - never saw one go 13's stock. 13's is all a '96-98 ram-air car should do with even the most mediocre driver behind the wheel. End of story.

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaro View Post
    my friends 07 gt (cold air intake and full bassani exhause from the high flow cats all the way back and a hurst short throw) v.s. my 1998 ss(slp cat-back at the time) never came close to sitting door to door(. The only mustang that sat door to door with me was a 05 that had headers, exhaust and intake with 4.10 he pulled on me in 1st I caught him in 2nd and kept pulling.
    yea when i was stock i raced a stock GT and pulled on him by 4 cars from 25-90

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    So are you calling Car & Driver ball faced liars?
    Probably not, but I think more people should be called "ball faced" liars, because that made me laugh my ass off.

Chris

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

LOL. Guess I struck a nerve.

No, I'm not calling C&D "ball faced liars" (not even BALD-faced!). Nor am I accusing them of being biased towards any American car brand/nameplate over another. I am simply wondering exactly what I said in my post....why is it that two mechanically identical cars run such incredibly different times? Those ET/MPH differences are the equivalent of ~50 HP. Was GM's quality control THAT BAD back then?

If you must know, I certainly was not the quickest bone stock 96-98 Cobra. I only took the car to the track twice (it was the wife's), so never really got the hang of it. Anyway, MM&FF went 13.4 in a bone stock yellow 98 (don't remember the issue, so pull out your little bs statement if you wish), and a buddy of mine went 13.4 in his bone stock 98. Certainly a whole lot more of them have gone high 13s to low 14s instead. Which sounds a lot like the typical LT1 of the day. SS/WS6 included.

I'm sure you have no trouble beating virtually every Mustang you encounter (or every other type of car you encounter). That's pretty typical on the internet. Usually more common among the teeny-bopper crowd though...what's your excuse?

Have a nice evening.

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    So are you calling Car & Driver ball faced liars? Are you implying that they (for some odd reason) are biased to Chevrolet (and not Pontiac?). I recall you stating something in the past in which you claimed a magazine had ran an unbelievable time in another GM car. Call it how you wan't it, but a '96-97 SS will eat a '96-98 Cobra w/ equal drivers. My '97 SS wen't 13.5@104.8 bone-stock. My fathers '96 SS went 13.6@105 bone-stock. Not only did C&D hit mid 13's in their tester, but so did MCR (13.4@106), Motor Trend (13.5@104.7), and another mag (forget which one) that took a stock '97 SS to a 13.5@105.3 in the same article in which their '97 Cobra tester wen't - yet again - 14.0@100. But I forgot, you were the only one in the entire universe that claimed to have taken your '96-98-style Cobra to a 13.6@104. So is it not possible that the SS can do it?

Look up any comparison/road test you wan't to and everyone will point to the SS as the clear winner. They were not identical in performance. The much rarer '95 Cobra R was more suited to compete with the GM ram-air cars of '96. Too bad they only made a tad over 100 of them. Like said in my other posts, I had no trouble terminating the SN95 4.6 Cobras, and even had my fair share of '99 & '01 Cobra meat. I've seen more low 14's out of the 96-98 cars than I can stand to remember - never saw one go 13's stock. 13's is all a '96-98 ram-air car should do with even the most mediocre driver behind the wheel. End of story.

10's N/A

No, I'm not calling C&D "ball faced liars" (not even BALD-faced!). Nor am I accusing them of being biased towards any American car brand/nameplate over another. I am simply wondering exactly what I said in my post....why is it that two mechanically identical cars run such incredibly different times? Those ET/MPH differences are the equivalent of ~50 HP. Was GM's quality control THAT BAD back then?

If you must know, I certainly was not the quickest bone stock 96-98 Cobra. I only took the car to the track twice (it was the wife's), so never really got the hang of it. Anyway, MM&FF went 13.4 in a bone stock yellow 98 (don't remember the issue, so pull out your little bs statement if you wish), and a buddy of mine went 13.4 in his bone stock 98. Certainly a whole lot more of them have gone high 13s to low 14s instead. Which sounds a lot like the typical LT1 of the day. SS/WS6 included.

I'm sure you have no trouble beating virtually every Mustang you encounter (or every other type of car you encounter). That's pretty typical on the internet. Usually more common among the teeny-bopper crowd though...what's your excuse?

Have a nice evening.
    Erroneous post above ^^.

I'm honestly laughing my ass off as we speak.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Have a nice evening.
    hey, i'm just wandering.......what does your car run? and which car since we have no idea wtf you own. you own a t/a.....but you had a cobra...and then you pull for mustangs..... but mustangs are not that great, and blah blah blah. i read the same bullshit you preach in every post....."oh the immaturity" or "the teeny bopper crowd" or whatever the shit you talk about, but yet every time i see you right here on the kill stories . you are right here telling us how crappy our ls1's are compared to your cobra that you dont even own anymore or do own, i'm so lost with your dumb shit who the hell knows. you my friend are juvenile, how old are you? you come in here to argue and dimeanor younger guys about their cars? i am here for one reason and one reason only, because i own an ls1 and i like to talk to people that have ls1's about ls1 shit. not about oh i'm mister bad ass and i have a cobra and i'll wipe your ass out. does that make you feel more like a man?.....that your in you late 30's early 40's talking shit to kids? you need to grow up. you must not have children, that will make you grow up. BOB
    Last edited by 2-bowties&abird; 07-03-2008 at 08:11 PM.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Hehehehehehe. Speaking of nerves.

Let's see....to answer your questions....

Cobra runs nothing right now. Engine is out of the car. Best ever was an 11.44 on DRs back in 2004. I'd give you details, but I'm doubtin you'd care.

Sold that 99 T/A a while back. Great engine - it was the rest of the car that I ended up not caring for.

Never said nor implied that LS1s were "crappy". Kindly quote me if you kind find somewhere that I said anything of the sort. In fact, if you search hard enough, you might even find where I've stated (even on Ford Forums) that I consider the LSx series of engines the best mass-produced performance motor ever. Bar none.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, 2birdboy.

And I do have kids. One is a Marine, one is going to college this fall, and one is in High School.

As for growing up....NEVER! Life is too short. You go ahead and grow up.

BTW....what does your car run? Come on...we won't laugh. Surely you've taken it to VMP or Richmond or MIR or someplace?

10's N/A

Hehehehehehe. Speaking of nerves.

Let's see....to answer your questions....

Cobra runs nothing right now. Engine is out of the car. Best ever was an 11.44 on DRs back in 2004. I'd give you details, but I'm doubtin you'd care.

Sold that 99 T/A a while back. Great engine - it was the rest of the car that I ended up not caring for.

Never said nor implied that LS1s were "crappy". Kindly quote me if you kind find somewhere that I said anything of the sort. In fact, if you search hard enough, you might even find where I've stated (even on Ford Forums) that I consider the LSx series of engines the best mass-produced performance motor ever. Bar none.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, 2birdboy.

And I do have kids. One is a Marine, one is going to college this fall, and one is in High School.

As for growing up....NEVER! Life is too short. You go ahead and grow up.

BTW....what does your car run? Come on...we won't laugh. Surely you've taken it to VMP or Richmond or MIR or someplace?
    Okay...your kids are grown, so your stating your old. We know that...or atleast I know that, remember you told me you were 71 Bob, and you had cob webs in your underpants that you couldn't get out? Blue Balls has to be getting the best of you these days I see

As for Life being too short...it pretty much is the case for you. For me, nah...i'm only 27, got plenty of years left, and plenty of young booty to hit. But I will be your age one day, and hopefully will be fortunately better off than some rotted out sarcastic bastard like yourself that claims to run erroneous times in stock Fords...Hopefully my old life 'el prove better than that. Pitty on you "BLKCLOUD".

Black
    03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaro View Post
    again you started this by talking about get a mustang when he's asking about camaro right there your saying the same thing just nicer, second your the one starting the insults with the "just trying to save him a headache" comment so why are suprised when you get this comment. Plus it's a ls forum, in other words a chevy motor forum and your talking up mustangs.... you know saying these things are going to get those comments. thats like some fat ass who eat mcdonalds everyday then asks how did i get fat .... dumbass
    we were talking about some other topicc and that guy just came in and added a stupid post for no reason!
    that talk is done! you Dumb ass

Oh yea and get off his nuts!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information