Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

this is ls1.com, most people on this site are going to argue in favor of an ls1 end of story, no need to get in another damn pissing match between the handfull of ford guys and the legions of ls1 fans in this thread. Anything can be made faster than something else. It just takes money.

I picked up my TA because it looks amazing, has all the comforts I want in a daily driver, and it is pretty fast, all for an affordable price.

Black
    03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Dude read the name of this website....it's called LS1.com so yeah people are going to be partial to their cars and react unfavorably when someone comes in talking shit. The same way you'd be if you were ever on a ford site and an LS1 guy came in talking about how he was killing all these cobras.
    Look if a LS1 guy went and posted in a ford forum saying that he beat a cobra that had similar mods as his LS1 I would just say: Good run/Good kill, but if he comes in saying that he took a slow ass ugly cobra, then I would flame him down, you guys may not believe me but I hate some mustang guys I run across Y? because they come through talking shit acting stupid saying that they will smoke me when they don't even know what I have done to my car or when some guy takes me and star talking shit about and rubbing it on my face When Im on the highway and I run across a GM I don't even rev it at him, most of the time I run a GM is because I get called out or they run up on me revving and down shifting
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ten View Post
    Except that would be believable.

Hard to believe a mildly-modded 96 cobra can beat a mildly-modded LS1..
    That ss camaro just had a catback and I had CAI, Catted X pipe, and a JET Performance chip! and I was o his door

Silver+Black/Black+Silver
    1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

Eh, I really don't care..

Either way, good kill.

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by mike302 View Post
    I know some guy with a stock 03 you want to go???

With my catted X pipe/catback/CAI 96 cobra I use to be neck and neck with SSs what make you think you are going to get a stock 03/04 cobra you are funny!!! HAHAHAHA

I use to blow the doors off CAI/Exhaust SSs with my old 85 5.0 and I just put in like 2-3K in it and only payed $2,800 or it that was a lot of fun AND GUESS WHAT GUYS???? ALL MOTOR WITH STOCK SUSPENSION
    ....ive seen 96 cobras run, i dont see how they can take a stock ls1, have any videos?

Black
    03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    ....ive seen 96 cobras run, i dont see how they can take a stock ls1, have any videos?
    not of my 96 cobra, but I have some of my 03 cobra

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    he only ran the 1/8th... either way the irs sucks.. .and you have to admit that...
    The IRS is great for those of us that like corners.
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Well, of course he's lying lol.

And for the record - a bolt on ls1 w/ good driver can beat a stock termi?

Okay, this is where I get confused. Which bolt ons would make an LS1 faster than a Stock Termie? For example, what would an LS1 run with an Intake and a Catback exhaust. How much would that shave off the 1/4 mile time?
    Last edited by Camarofan; 07-01-2008 at 11:25 AM.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    this is ls1.com, most people on this site are going to argue in favor of an ls1 end of story, no need to get in another damn pissing match between the handfull of ford guys and the legions of ls1 fans in this thread. Anything can be made faster than something else. It just takes money.

That sir, is the smartest thing said on these forums. When it's all said and done, its about money. Modding=Money.

Black
    03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    That sir, is the smartest thing said on these forums. When it's all said and done, its about money. Modding=Money.
    I strongly agree with that once it's a built all out racing car then there is no telling and if you want to make it happen then you need that $$$$$

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Please feel free to provide evidence of this stock internal 96-98 Cobra running faster times than a similarly modded LS1.
    Yeah, I would like to see some proof...
    Sure. Here is the "bolt-on" list (stock internal) on LS1Tech.com. Note that the 10th car on that list is the quickest M6 bolt-on LS1, having gone 11.42. Damn impressive, no doubt. Especially if that weight is correct.

The quickest "bolt-on" M5 Cobra belongs to Jims SVT on the Corral. It went 11.31 before he ported the heads and installed cams, then went into the 10's.

FYI...there is a similarly-modded M5 Mach 1 that has gone 11.1x. Want me to provide evidence of that, too?

What's your next question?

Let me answer one before it is asked....neither of the above-mentioned cars could compete with the quickest of the Auto-equipped "bolt-on" LS1s. There is simply no way for a street-type manual to keep the car in the powerband the way a properly setup automatic can.
    Last edited by BLKCLOUD; 07-01-2008 at 06:56 PM.

Black
    03 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Sure. Here is the "bolt-on" list (stock internal) on LS1Tech.com. Note that the 10th car on that list is the quickest M6 bolt-on LS1, having gone 11.42. Damn impressive, no doubt. Especially if that weight is correct.

The quickest "bolt-on" M5 Cobra belongs to Jims SVT on the Corral. It went 11.31 before he ported the heads and installed cams, then went into the 10's.

FYI...there is a similarly-modded M5 Mach 1 that has gone 11.1x. Want me to provide evidence of that, too?

Let me answer one before it is asked....neither of the above-mentioned cars could compete with the quickest of the Auto-equipped "bolt-on" LS1s. There is simply no way for a street-type manual to keep the car in the powerband the way a properly setup automatic can.
    that's some good stuff

Black
    2000 Z-28

I like how you try to answer your own question then make excuses esp when that's not what you said to begin with. You said and I quote, "The quickest stock-internal (ie...'bolt-on') 96-98 M5 Cobra is quicker than the quickest stock-internal (ie...'bolt-on') 98-02 LS1 F-body." You didn't specify on your original post. And a 10.6 is quicker than a 11.3 or an 11.1 or whatever. So nice try.

Black
    2000 Z-28

that's some good stuff
    Get off his nut sack.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    The IRS is great for those of us that like corners.
    now in that... you are more than correct... amazing handling.. but straight line launch... not too great...

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

I strongly agree with that once it's a built all out racing car then there is no telling and if you want to make it happen then you need that $$$$$

Yep. Bench racing is kinda stupid if you think about it cuz the person with the most extra cash laying around will win everytime. If money was no object, It'd be running 9's now.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

I like how you try to answer your own question then make excuses esp when that's not what you said to begin with. You said and I quote, "The quickest stock-internal (ie...'bolt-on') 96-98 M5 Cobra is quicker than the quickest stock-internal (ie...'bolt-on') 98-02 LS1 F-body." You didn't specify on your original post. And a 10.6 is quicker than a 11.3 or an 11.1 or whatever. So nice try.
    Eeerr.....Oops. I went back and read my first post - I made a mistake, as it should have said "stock internal M6 98-02 F-body". As I mentioned, I'm quite aware of what an Auto equipped LS1 can do.

Say...you have a push-n-go car. Even though you're a rookie in the drag racing world, it takes very little skill to run one of those cars. So what do you run? Certainly better than any N/A Cobra, I'm sure. Please do tell.

Thanks.

Black
    03 Cobra

Get off his nut sack.
    don't hat just because he just posted the truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan View Post
    Yep. Bench racing is kinda stupid if you think about it cuz the person with the most extra cash laying around will win everytime. If money was no object, It'd be running 9's now.
    yea I hate those cocky guys that say I have this and that done to the car, it has 600+ at the wheels, but they won't run you!

when I go to car shows there are some guys that have some clean ass Cobras or LS1s with some hot shit done to em and I ask them what exactly do they have done to em and all I here is a long list of mods and the magical words "600+ to the wheels I could smoke most of the shit out in the street" The funny thing is that I ask them what kind of times do they get at the track and they say "never went to track and this car has never been raced"

So why put all that shit into a street/track car and make it a track/race car and just have it sitting there in your garage???? Why don't they just buy a dress up kit for the engine bay to look good?

Im not the best driver but Im happy with my first actual run at the track with some nitto 555Rs

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

John, the larger point is that this statement is ridiculous:

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    a 96 cobra is no match for an ls1 car, bolt ons or not.
    As shown, a bolt-on 96 Cobra can run deep into the 11s. How is that not a match for an LS1 car. I don't know what your LS1 cars are all running, but my best in my '97 vette is 13.2@108, which is at least respectable. I know it'll go quicker. I even think I can get a 13.0, and I may be dreaming but I might even eek into the 12s under perfect conditions on non-DR street tires. Quite to the contrary of Big Hammer's quoted statement above though, with my LS1 I am clearly no match for a good running bolt-on 96 Cobra.

Chris

Black
    2000 Z-28

Eeerr.....Oops. I went back and read my first post - I made a mistake, as it should have said "stock internal M6 98-02 F-body". As I mentioned, I'm quite aware of what an Auto equipped LS1 can do.

Say...you have a push-n-go car. Even though you're a rookie in the drag racing world, it takes very little skill to run one of those cars. So what do you run? Certainly better than any N/A Cobra, I'm sure. Please do tell.

Thanks.
    I really think there are an abundance of strong running LS1 be it auto or manuals. I don't know that that can be said of 96 Cobras...I'm thinking his is more of an exception rather than the norm. I'm very suprised to not see better times w/ manuals since they make more power than autos. I understand they may not be quite as consistent but should still have faster overall times.

Black
    2000 Z-28

don't hat just because he just posted the truth
    Uh, he didn't post the truth and I proved it. 10.6 in an LS1 is greater than 11.3 in a 96 Cobra. I understand that's a difficult concept to grasp.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information