Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    So not liking ugly japanese cars that sound like crap makes us "jokes" and "gives us bad names"??

You need a reality check. People have their own opinions about things, there is no rule that says everyone needs to like or respect the same type of cars. I have absolutely zero respect for Evos, in my experience they are pieces of crap. Why is it so hard to understand that not everyone shares the same opinion or taste?? Thats ignorance.

230WHP and AWD stock?? How impressive, we aren't worthy. Sounds eerily similar the infamous 3000GT VR4, another abomination from the world's greatest automaker, Mitsubitchi

Thats all well and good that your friend invested all kinds of money to make his Evo fast. Doesn't change anything though, you can polish a turd all you want, it will still be a turd.
    300whp and awd stock you might try, yes he has invested a great deal of money to make it a low to mid 11's car. I just like that it is something different and the looks of the car is different that's all. I am a v8 man obviously but still appreciate what other cars can do. That is all.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    300whp and awd stock you might try, yes he has invested a great deal of money to make it a low to mid 11's car. I just like that it is something different and the looks of the car is different that's all. I am a v8 man obviously but still appreciate what other cars can do. That is all.
    I can't believe you are serious

They aren't even close to 300WHP stock. I've seen dyno's as low as 215WHP, up to around 235WHP at the most. The car is rated 276 at the crank, by the time you figure in AWD drivetrain loss, its not puttin down anything close to 300 at the wheels.

Different doesn't always mean good. Especially not in the case of a car like that. "Different" is cool when its something like a '57 Chevy with an LS swapped in. Or a clean foxbody with an 04 Cobra swap. Or a twin turbo LSX in an F-body. Not a riced up 4 cylinder Mitsubishi lancer.
    Last edited by Wesman; 06-27-2008 at 09:09 PM.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

They aren't even close to 300WHP stock. I've seen dyno's as low as 215WHP, up to around 235WHP at the most. The car is rated 276 at the crank, by the time you figure in AWD drivetrain loss, its not puttin down anything close to 300 at the wheels.

Different doesn't always mean good. Especially not in the case of a car like that. "Different" is cool when its something like a '57 Chevy with an LS swapped in. Or a clean foxbody with an 04 Cobra swap. Or a twin turbo LSX in an F-body. Not a riced up 4 cylinder Mitsubishi lancer.
    Well to each his own, but I still respect what they can do. As far as looks, I don't think an EVO is rice. But you are welcome to your opinion. But come to Illinois or Wisconsin some time and get your ass handed to you by my friend or even me and I promise you, you will change your mind. Either of my vehicles will stomp your ass and my co-workers EVO would destroy your ugly ass p.o.s. Just my .02

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Well to each his own, but I still respect what they can do. As far as looks, I don't think an EVO is rice. But you are welcome to your opinion. But come to Illinois or Wisconsin some time and get your ass handed to you by my friend or even me and I promise you, you will change your mind. Either of my vehicles will stomp your ass and my co-workers EVO would destroy your ugly ass p.o.s. Just my .02
    So someone invest all kinds of money into their evo so that they can beat a bolt on LS1, and that will "change my mind" somehow?? The car will no longer look like a riced up econocar, sound like someone farting, or have the quality of a 1988 Hyundai?? Interesting. Too bad it couldn't be farther from the truth.

And somehow my car is an "ugly ass pos", yet you drive the same car and we're on a site about F-bodies?? And somehow an Evo is good looking?? Once again, interesting. Tell your gay friend in his evo to go pick on some 402 or APS TT LSX's. Let him count the busses as he gets his ass handed to him like his pile of crap is traveling backwards. You can't even get the stock numbers right, you obviously don't know what the hell you are even talking about in the first place.

You're all bent out of shape because I don't respect some riced up 4 cylinder Mitsubishi. Get a hold of yourself, seriously, and get over the fact that not everyone like rice
    Last edited by Wesman; 06-29-2008 at 08:01 PM.

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Can't despute those numbers so long as the source is reputable. They look about rite to me. The only evo I respect is my buddy dans thats pushing 500 Hp but even that has $17K in engine work done.

silver
    2002 ws6

an sti is all holeshot. if they mess up even a little bit, they're toast. them ricers have no legs.

charcoal
    2004 Silverado

So not liking ugly japanese cars that sound like crap makes us "jokes" and "gives us bad names"??

You need a reality check. People have their own opinions about things, there is no rule that says everyone needs to like or respect the same type of cars. I have absolutely zero respect for Evos, in my experience they are pieces of crap. Why is it so hard to understand that not everyone shares the same opinion or taste?? Thats ignorance.

230WHP and AWD stock?? How impressive, we aren't worthy. Sounds eerily similar the infamous 3000GT VR4, another abomination from the world's greatest automaker, Mitsubitchi

Thats all well and good that your friend invested all kinds of money to make his Evo fast. Doesn't change anything though, you can polish a turd all you want, it will still be a turd.

BURN!!

black
    99 z28 a4

id roll one... looks fun enough...lol evo too...

NBM
    98 trans am

So someone invest all kinds of money into their evo so that they can beat a bolt on LS1, and that will "change my mind" somehow?? The car will no longer look like a riced up econocar, sound like someone farting, or have the quality of a 1988 Hyundai?? Interesting. Too bad it couldn't be farther from the truth.

And somehow my car is an "ugly ass pos", yet you drive the same car and we're on a site about F-bodies?? And somehow an Evo is good looking?? Once again, interesting. Tell your gay friend in his evo to go pick on some 402 or APS TT LSX's. Let him count the busses as he gets his ass handed to him like his pile of crap is traveling backwards. You can't even get the stock numbers right, you obviously don't know what the hell you are even talking about in the first place.

You're all bent out of shape because I don't respect some riced up 4 cylinder Mitsubishi. Get a hold of yourself, seriously, and get over the fact that not everyone like rice
    amen brother

rice..a growing epidemic PAT-LS101's Avatar

blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

you know whats dumb? arguing about whos car is faster and better you know whats even dumber? arguing that about a EVO on a FBODY site....

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by PAT-LS101 View Post
    you know whats dumb? arguing about whos car is faster and better you know whats even dumber? arguing that about a EVO on a FBODY site....
    I agree. this site is about the LS1, I dont know whats wrong with adam, but since everyone is entitled to an opinion here's mine.... I love cars but i wouldnt drive an Evo it looks like a granny car. Sure it can be modded to go fast just like anyother thing can but is it worth it? that just depends on one's taste.

But seriously why is he faming the Evo on an LS1 site????
    thats hypocrisy my friend. and shows that you cant handle a friendly heated debate. btw I rather drive a WRX than an Evo. just my opinions.

white
    95 TA

I have fairly extensive experience in f-bods and the STI. Stock for stock, manual for manual, the STI is more fun in the twisties. And probably more capable on the road course (where a GT car belongs...). The low speed torque steer is one of the only big negatives for the STI.

The whole rice thing is very subjective, but that giant STI wing is rice.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Yep, you probably got more tq and hp....no chance for him.

Thread Information