Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Black
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    14 flat, Damn thats right there with a lt1 and on the door step of a LS1. Im sure the turbo is not maxed stock either, So im sure there is room for improvement to at least 13.5
    Yup did a bit more serching and saw that most people actually do mid to low 14sec not 14 flat but found a video of a modded one that does a 13.5

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    To answer your question 4G63inside, Im actually running a Gt32, shift at 7500RPM,

Wesman, Since im no comparison of a Ls1, then you will find this funny, put a 2002 ws6 on the trailer last night at the track, He was ashamed of himself!! HAHA, I went and shook his hand afterwards, he tried to be a dick at first cause he got raped but became cool, I went 7.28@101 in the 1/8th to his 7.75@94. He was on 125 shot of spray, Heads and cam combo, on open headers.

Since I have so much TURBO lag its funny I went 1.56 60' to his 1.78 60'.

You can talk B.S about imports all you want. Yes most are riced Junk, Im not supporting anyone but in the right hands of the right owner, You can get beat very badly.

But I can happily say, I was the fastest street car at the track last night. My buddy still has a step on me in his 302 turbo mustang, he runs 6.80's. But im not far behind, and catching him.

You beat a heads/cam/125 shot LS1 by 7MPH. Keep dreaming, because I sure as hell don't believe you. Your numbers are way, way off.

Like I said before, you keep directly addressing me, I don't know who you're trying to impress here, but please do everyone a favor and just save the bs for someone who might actually want to hear it.
    Last edited by Wesman; 06-27-2008 at 08:59 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63inside View Post
    nah.. I'm actually looking into getting an LS1 as a daily driver while my Evo is down while being upgraded. It just seems that every post you make where a 4 banger is being discussed you have nothing but negative comments to make.. which is fine, to each their own.. But respect should be given where it's due for a little 4 banger being able to run with a LS1..
    If all you want to hear is people praising evos as God's gift to man, you've come to the wrong place. I think those cars are horrible, thats my opinion, I'm sorry if you don't agree, but I'm at least entitled to it.

As for ragging on 4 bangers, you obviously didn't even bother to read my post. I was saying I really like the new 2.0 LNF, because its got an awesome torque curve for a 4 banger and little to no turbo lag, plus its very quick. So much for your theory about be hating on all 4 cylinder engines

And your mocking the guy for hitting full boost of 22psi at 3600rpm, but never once did he mention on what size his turbo was, nore his shift point. Hell he could be running a GT40r at 22psi with a 9k redline.. Is he? no probably not, but you should get my point.. I could throw on a tiny turbo on my Evo and have near instant boost.. but what's the point in that if you don't have any top end when that tiny turbo is running out of breath up top. Let's put it this way.. would you ever put twin T25's on your LS1.. Hell no you wouldn't, you'd hit max boost by 1.5k rpms but that doesn't mean anything if it's not producing up top? Right?
    There is a factor you're not considering. A V8 can handle a large turbo much better than a small 4 cylinder can. A GT40r turns a small engine into a turbo lagging dog, whereas large turbos on a 6.0L are the proper size and result in little to no lag, as well as awesome top end power. There is no arguing it, bigger motors are better in every aspect. I see no point in trying to make huge power with a small engine, if you're after big power why cheat yourself, start with a solid platorm and built it from there.
    Last edited by Wesman; 06-27-2008 at 08:57 PM.

Boosting Daily

Tarmac Black
    05 Evo VIII

That's why there is such a thing called a "two step" for us guys with the "tiny motors" and also something called brake boosting. So are big single turbo supra's stupid? Because they generally have tons of lag.
    Also I never came on here saying Evo's are gods car, praise them.. Some like them, some don't and that's fine.. But you know as well as I do that from a dig stock vs. stock (a man's race) a Evo will usually beat the ls1 with good drivers in each car. But we are getting far off topic here.. this isn't a pissing match and really no point in going on any further.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    You beat a heads/cam/125 shot LS1 by 7MPH. Keep dreaming, because I sure as hell don't believe you. Your numbers are way, way off.

Like I said before, you keep directly addressing me, I don't know who you're trying to impress here, but please do everyone a favor and just save the bs for someone who might actually want to hear it.
    in a 1/8th mile, thats all torque for that 7MPH win, , It takes a good 10FTQ per MPH in the 1/8th. Plus im just getting started when we go through the traps. So that LS1 better add another 100Shot to that already 125 to run with me. I don't have to dream b/c I just keep proving everything I plan on doing. If a LS1 car plans on running with me, He has to have alot of $$ in his motor. But yes there is PLENTY out there that are alot faster than me. You just don't see them driving on the street.

As for the saturn, Im sure they have that motor Flowing exceptionally well from the factory, But im sure there is exhaust upgrades and a boost controller upgrade that would put it over the 300HP range.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    hey man how you doing??? tranny all fixed and helping those E.Ts
    so far, it's holding. went 10.85 on a 65 dry shot, last month.

on a side note, this is pretty going round and round. typical wesman vs the import world.
    Last edited by mrr23; 06-28-2008 at 08:03 AM.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information