Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

arctic white
    97 firebird

1000 to spend on mods need some help

ok im going to make a badass v6 firebird i know i wont as much power as a lt-1 or an ls-1 but im making with what i got myself into and was wondering what i should do with the money i saved up for two weeks now either:

new chrome polished rims and tires, badass subs and an amp + 20% tent job, or get a dual exhaust.

only mods so far is full cold air intake as of now just buaght it

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Hey man you can make the V6 fast just depends where you go with it! I say you tint the windows, then you keep the rest and fabricate a Turbo system for it. That would be one badass little sleeper bro.

arctic white
    97 firebird

yea ive thought of it but i dont know where to get one and i heard sts turbos are shit for them what do you know all comes with a decent turbo kit so i dont buy extras

black trans am

u can make a 3.8 beat the shit outa lt1s. just depends on how far u want to go. i know they make cams and stuff for them. u can also get a super charger off of a grand prix gtp and bolt it on. u can make a 3.8 trubo and they will handle so much its not even funny. the buick GNX is a 281 3.8 v6 the same as what a 3.8 in the firebirds are u can get full roling assemlys dirt cheep and boost the hell out of that lil old 6v

arctic white
    97 firebird

haha yea i think ill just save for a turbo or a supercharger then work from there thanks man

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

get some exhaust man, help it breath before you do other mods

arctic white
    97 firebird

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    get some exhaust man, help it breath before you do other mods
    do you know a good place for a badass dual exhaust for a 97 v6 firebird? and headers

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by jd1666 View Post
    do you know a good place for a badass dual exhaust for a 97 v6 firebird? and headers
    theres some good deals on ebay you just have to look. Id check out Magnaflow for a cat-back system. They have a good quality product for a decent price.

arctic white
    97 firebird

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    theres some good deals on ebay you just have to look. Id check out Magnaflow for a cat-back system. They have a good quality product for a decent price.
    thanks man ima look around i cant buy anything for a week beuase i just got a 1000 dollar system for my firebird i went to custom sounds to pick up a new radio becuase the volume was messing up and walked out with 1000 dollars worth of shit and it was all half off or more on the amps, subs radios and other stuff couldnt resist

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd. Invest your money and save up until you can do the only worthwhile mod to a V6, LS1 swap.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by cascade View Post
    You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd. Invest your money and save up until you can do the only worthwhile mod to a V6, LS1 swap.
    people like you piss me off. if you cant read that he does not want to do that in the op then maby you should not post in here.

arctic white
    97 firebird

if i wanted to do that and had the money i would do an ls4 swap and it would cost probably more then to just sell it and buy a t/a or formula becuase i cant swap it myself id have to get it done professionaly. thats why im getting my system installed also i could do it myself but id rather it done right and not have to tare it apart to fix it

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    people like you piss me off. if you cant read that he does not want to do that in the op then maby you should not post in here.
    I did read his thread, and recommended that he save his money for something worthwhile. Afterall, this is LS1.com, a forum for the LS1, a V8 motor. Most of us here put a higher value on performance compared to the typical ricer crowd that would rather blow money on subs and tint. Sure, a grand into full exhaust might open the V6 up a tad and give you a minor increase in power, but that is a horrible waste of money. That one thousand would make you much happier in the long run if it were saved and eventually used towards the purchase of some sort of V8 provision. Not knocking V6s, I'm just saying $1000 for a small horsepower increase does not make much sense compared to a few thousand for a huge horsepower boost. I know human nature tells you "I want something now," but trust me, usually the good things are the ones you have to wait for, and they are very much worth it when you look back compared to the "quick fix."

Black
    2000 Corvette

save up and stick an LS1 motor in there.. nice little sleeper

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

imo turboing a v6 is pointless. bad reliability and to get to ls1 performance, it would cost more than trading for ls1 if you do it right. if you want a sleeper, get a formula and get a lexus muffler from a gs400 or something on there. quiet and v6 looks. then when you have the money, turbo that.

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by cascade View Post
    I did read his thread, and recommended that he save his money for something worthwhile. Afterall, this is LS1.com, a forum for the LS1, a V8 motor. Most of us here put a higher value on performance compared to the typical ricer crowd that would rather blow money on subs and tint. Sure, a grand into full exhaust might open the V6 up a tad and give you a minor increase in power, but that is a horrible waste of money. That one thousand would make you much happier in the long run if it were saved and eventually used towards the purchase of some sort of V8 provision. Not knocking V6s, I'm just saying $1000 for a small horsepower increase does not make much sense compared to a few thousand for a huge horsepower boost. I know human nature tells you "I want something now," but trust me, usually the good things are the ones you have to wait for, and they are very much worth it when you look back compared to the "quick fix."
    yeah i completely agree with you..... but on the other hand i think a supercharged v6 is ok if thats what you want. make the best of what you got. but i get sick and tired of people saying shit about it and the lt1. I chose to build up an lt1 and people on this site seem to think its a shitty motor and always say put an ls1 in it. no thanks. oh well to each his own. i got a gto as well and i didnt like the ls1 i went with the ls2. I'm not going around telling you to slap a ls2 in your shit because its better. so leave him alone.
    Click for full size

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by cruzc5frc View Post
    save up and stick an LS1 motor in there.. nice little sleeper
    I belive the fastest v6 camaro is running 8.6 in the 1/4.

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

^ but the fastest v8 is probably around 5 or 6 seconds.

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Psychosis View Post
    ^ but the fastest v8 is probably around 5 or 6 seconds.
    not the piont here. i could careless. just the fact it that he said he wants to fix up his v6. so dont say the supid ass comment "put a ls1 in it".

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

now do i think he is a jack ass for blowing a g on a system yes. shit i didnt even have speakers in my trans am. worthless when you have headers to dual 3'' cut outs.

Thread Information