Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

arctic white
    97 firebird

arctic white
    97 firebird

i understand where you are coming from with the ls1's but still its something different and you can be proud of, of a v6 smoking some trans ams and ws6's and im still in my teens and want a car that i worked on and can stick with for a while. ill be in the marines in like 4 months from today and will be banking and have a car that is already payed for by then when i save up i can get a trans am or ws6 that ive wanted and can afford while i still have a badass v6 to mess around with also or else id just sell it and save for a t/a now but i can wait untill then

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by jd1666 View Post
    i understand where you are coming from with the ls1's but still its something different and you can be proud of, of a v6 smoking some trans ams and ws6's and im still in my teens and want a car that i worked on and can stick with for a while. ill be in the marines in like 4 months from today and will be banking and have a car that is already payed for by then when i save up i can get a trans am or ws6 that ive wanted and can afford while i still have a badass v6 to mess around with also or else id just sell it and save for a t/a now but i can wait untill then

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Psychosis View Post
    imo turboing a v6 is pointless. bad reliability and to get to ls1 performance, it would cost more than trading for ls1 if you do it right. if you want a sleeper, get a formula and get a lexus muffler from a gs400 or something on there. quiet and v6 looks. then when you have the money, turbo that.
    Your an idiot...

Never heard of a Syclone I'm guessing...Same like V6 he has but has a turbo on it and a relatively strong rotating assembly from the factory. Worlds fasted production truck till the SRT10 came out...
    Last edited by squee; 06-08-2008 at 08:00 PM.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    yeah i completely agree with you..... but on the other hand i think a supercharged v6 is ok if thats what you want. make the best of what you got. but i get sick and tired of people saying shit about it and the lt1. I chose to build up an lt1 and people on this site seem to think its a shitty motor and always say put an ls1 in it. no thanks. oh well to each his own. i got a gto as well and i didnt like the ls1 i went with the ls2. I'm not going around telling you to slap a ls2 in your shit because its better. so leave him alone.
    does it really make a shit? lt1, ls1, ls6, ls2 ls whatever, they are all good gm motors that all have tons of potential to what they were stock. i'm sorry but i would do away with the 6 banger build up, sleeper or not that is a waste of time and money. thats like building up a 305 but at least with a 305 you would still have a decent sound. to the op you are on the right track, now just get something worth building off of, gm motors are the most efficient motors to build off of, cheap hp, more economical, and better resale.

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    does it really make a shit? lt1, ls1, ls6, ls2 ls whatever, they are all good gm motors that all have tons of potential to what they were stock. i'm sorry but i would do away with the 6 banger build up, sleeper or not that is a waste of time and money. thats like building up a 305 but at least with a 305 you would still have a decent sound. to the op you are on the right track, now just get something worth building off of, gm motors are the most efficient motors to build off of, cheap hp, more economical, and better resale.
    hmmm.....
    yeah they have never made a motor more exceptable to mods from another company.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Thats what I did but instead of joining the marines I just got a better job. I am driving my 1998 V6 Firebird right now while my WS6 is getting headers, lid, y-pipe, and cut out put on. I paid for both cars myself along with every modification.

arctic white
    97 firebird

tight man, i got my self in trouble when i was 15 and went to a boot camp and i got a bunch of training (was there for 6 months) PT and everything else you can think of by DI's that where in the army, marines, and the Navy 20+ years so i get to start out as an e-3 instead of a basic first pay of like 950 a month i get 2 pay grades higher while having a house and a paid car so in about a year ill have straight cash tax free and free college at the same time. im working at sonic now but thats just to pay off my mods to my v6 till i leave then ill get my ws6 that ive always wanted

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

hmmm.....
    yeah they have never made a motor more exceptable to mods from another company.
    such as?

burgundy
    1991 Pontiac firebird

try dynomax for the exaust

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Boost it. It will be worth it.

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

such as?

then i have to go with the v-tech. best motor that has ever been built as far as performance wise. and cold air will get you 25-30 rwhp as long as it is a k&n filter. and you could boost it up to 20+ psi on a stock bottom end. can a ls1 do that? NO!

10's N/A

not the piont here. i could careless. just the fact it that he said he wants to fix up his v6. so dont say the supid ass comment "put a ls1 in it".
    Come on now, the man does have a valid point. He's actually giving him a logical opinion in that it would be MUCH more effect to drop an LS1 in that puppy. I don't see anything wrong with that suggestion. But, if he is consistant w/ staying with a 3800 his best bet would probably be to contact someone with expertise in this area, not us guys which basically all drive V8's.
    In order to get a 3800 car on par w/ a modified LT1 or LS1 it's gonna take one sick combo.

arctic white
    97 firebird

hey i found a damaged 95 z28 camaro that has been flipped (body is pretty bad) but the tranny and the engine work and it runs perfect. its a t56 tranny and an lt1 with like 80k miles, do you guys think it would be any good to buy it for 1000 bucks and do a swap that way...? all the inside is good its just the body and not worth restoring IMO. say if i had to get it done prof. how much would it cost to swap a v6 and auto tranny with lt1 and t56 and adjustments for the manuel? thanks

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

then i have to go with the v-tech. best motor that has ever been built as far as performance wise. and cold air will get you 25-30 rwhp as long as it is a k&n filter. and you could boost it up to 20+ psi on a stock bottom end. can a ls1 do that? NO!
    number one i was reffering to domestics. number two i was not reffering to the ls1 directly i was reffering to all sbc. so your saying that a vtec is a better motor to build off of hp per dollar as compared to say a sb 383 stroker or a sb 406? can you make 400+ hp with 3000 dollars with a vtec? i'm not trying to get in a pissing match with you i just don't think it can be done.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

^agreed

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

number one i was reffering to domestics. number two i was not reffering to the ls1 directly i was reffering to all sbc. so your saying that a vtec is a better motor to build off of hp per dollar as compared to say a sb 383 stroker or a sb 406? can you make 400+ hp with 3000 dollars with a vtec? i'm not trying to get in a pissing match with you i just don't think it can be done.
    440 rwhp trans am is fucking with you guys lol

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

hey i found a damaged 95 z28 camaro that has been flipped (body is pretty bad) but the tranny and the engine work and it runs perfect. its a t56 tranny and an lt1 with like 80k miles, do you guys think it would be any good to buy it for 1000 bucks and do a swap that way...? all the inside is good its just the body and not worth restoring IMO. say if i had to get it done prof. how much would it cost to swap a v6 and auto tranny with lt1 and t56 and adjustments for the manuel? thanks
    man if you do all the work yourself it would be worth it. you cant hardly find any lt1+t56 setups for a grand. you would be a lot happier with the performance compared to the modded six.

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    440 rwhp trans am is fucking with you guys lol
    wow cant even take a honda joke.

and i have a built 383 stroker.
    Click for full size

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

wow cant even take a honda joke.

and i have a built 383 stroker.
    sorry man, it's not like i can hear sarcasm in writing.

anyway how do you like that stroker? i was a nats ass hair away from putting one in my iroc-z i had but thought it might be more headache then what it was worth. i did alot of research on them, they have gobs of tq.

Thread Information