Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    I had those two exact same cars sittin in my driveway about 6 months ago....

its nearly impossible to put that much to the wheels. 440 in these cars w/ a good stall and gears is a mid/low 11 second car. I'm puttin a little over 330 to the wheels and my car will go 12.60 in good air.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that if I were you! My old purple pearl '93 made 439rwhp with an Advanced Induction combo - their 205cc heads, ported intake, and cam - on a forged 355 LT1. It is very possible with the right know how and combination to make that kind of power with an LT1. I met one of AdvancedInduction's customers at the F-body meet in Corona,CA last year with a 355 LT1, "streetable" Solid roller cam and A.I. combo that made 483rwhp. He is infact listed on A.I.'s web-sight (under the name "Alek") before the fix of intake manifold issues and new tune.

Also, here's a dyno graph of Russ Ethridge 355-powered N/A LT1, which produces 443rwhp/393rwt on 92 pump. He is also a customer of Advanced Induction and is listed in the testimonials page.

http://www.advancedinduction.com/Dyn...nowithMiss.jpg

View the testimonials for yourself.http://www.advancedinduction.com/AiPerfLT1.html

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

nice rides,and nice death if you have to get beat at least it is by a beast of a ride

i agree with a few others, sneak off one day and install you a nitrous kit and then ask daddy if he wants a rematch

Impounded
    99 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Insert View Post
    dad is 52.
    i am not exactly sure what he did when he rebuilt his engine, i was about 8 years when he did it.
    My dad is all about "caring" for the car, and not harming its transmission.....

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about that if I were you! My old purple pearl '93 made 439rwhp with an Advanced Induction combo - their 205cc heads, ported intake, and cam - on a forged 355 LT1. It is very possible with the right know how and combination to make that kind of power with an LT1. I met one of AdvancedInduction's customers at the F-body meet in Corona,CA last year with a 355 LT1, "streetable" Solid roller cam and A.I. combo that made 483rwhp. He is infact listed on A.I.'s web-sight (under the name "Alek") before the fix of intake manifold issues and new tune.

Also, here's a dyno graph of Russ Ethridge 355-powered N/A LT1, which produces 443rwhp/393rwt on 92 pump. He is also a customer of Advanced Induction and is listed in the testimonials page.

http://www.advancedinduction.com/Dyn...nowithMiss.jpg

View the testimonials for yourself.http://www.advancedinduction.com/AiPerfLT1.html
    I know all about AI, I'm running one of their custom cams. I was working w/ them to do a H/C package on the TBSS before I backed out, knowing I can't afford to blow the bottom end on my DD I owe 20k on...

Its not easy to make that kind of power on a 350 although it can certainly be done. And those 205 heads are top of the line race heads. You guys can claim DD all you want, bet you aren't DD'n em now....
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

10's N/A

I know all about AI, I'm running one of their custom cams. I was working w/ them to do a H/C package on the TBSS before I backed out, knowing I can't afford to blow the bottom end on my DD I owe 20k on...

Its not easy to make that kind of power on a 350 although it can certainly be done. And those 205 heads are top of the line race heads. You guys can claim DD all you want, bet you aren't DD'n em now....
    Just FYI, I drove my old '93 on a consistant basis looking for races. No it wasn't the best for daily driving, and no the 3600-stall didn't make it much better, but I could drive that car from one side of town to other - then back again with no problem. It saw way more street than it did track. Oh, and did I mention it made a hair under 440rw with the stock stroke?

nice death man!

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

He shoulda pulled you outta the hole really. Weird he got it movin that well after 60.

FYI, I doubt he's putting anywhere near that much to the wheels. That much and he shoulda walked you worse than that and w/out stroking it, its nearly impossible to put that much to the wheels. 440 in these cars w/ a good stall and gears is a mid/low 11 second car. I'm puttin a little over 330 to the wheels and my car will go 12.60 in good air.
    well.... i was first clearing the intersection, he wasnt far back. i claim some good hooking and my light weight for a better launch.

as for his engine... the block was pulled from a 95 'vette. its not stroked. but he does have a stall on it (not sure how high... probably 3500ish). aftermarket performance cams (not sure of make), aftermarket crank (not sure of make), pistons (diamond), engine was bored out, bigger heads to accomodate bigger combustion chamber, ram air, LT headers (hooker ceramic, the only recent addition to his motor), edelbrock true dual cat back, catalytics taken out. posi rear end Heads and intake were ported and polished. engine was balanced, and tuned. he did the work himself in his shop on his machines. (except for dyno) and i am 99% sure that he has different gears in there, no way the stock 3.23's would pull like that.

Dyno said he was putting down 440... but we all know dyno numbers will vary from dyno and conditions its an approximate number. if its not 440, its pretty damn close.... either way, its not an easy car to beat. he took me.

as for being surprised that he got it moving at higher speed... you say you owned 2... but man, those things arent that great off the line, its at high speeds that they perform best. i mean, on freeways, you push down the pedal and the thing jumps. although they are pretty smooth rides, not rough like the f-bods. (but still, i wouldnt trade my f-bod for it)

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Insert View Post
    well.... i was first clearing the intersection, he wasnt far back. i claim some good hooking and my light weight for a better launch.

as for his engine... the block was pulled from a 95 'vette. its not stroked. but he does have a stall on it (not sure how high... probably 3500ish). aftermarket performance cams (not sure of make), aftermarket crank (not sure of make), pistons (diamond), engine was bored out, bigger heads to accomodate bigger combustion chamber, ram air, LT headers (hooker ceramic, the only recent addition to his motor), edelbrock true dual cat back, catalytics taken out. posi rear end Heads and intake were ported and polished. engine was balanced, and tuned. he did the work himself in his shop on his machines. (except for dyno) and i am 99% sure that he has different gears in there, no way the stock 3.23's would pull like that.

Dyno said he was putting down 440... but we all know dyno numbers will vary from dyno and conditions its an approximate number. if its not 440, its pretty damn close.... either way, its not an easy car to beat. he took me.

as for being surprised that he got it moving at higher speed... you say you owned 2... but man, those things arent that great off the line, its at high speeds that they perform best. i mean, on freeways, you push down the pedal and the thing jumps. although they are pretty smooth rides, not rough like the f-bods. (but still, i wouldnt trade my f-bod for it)
    Sounds like he built himself a big-cammed/big-headed 355 - that's all. 355's can make incredible #'s. He probably had traction issues off the line but was able to hunt you down with no problem considering he's making roughly 100rwhp more than you are right now.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by OnEbAdReDSS View Post
    you have a 02 so you can bore your car with out resleaving the motor to .040 98's could only be bored to .0010 if my numbers are right...

i don't know of any LS1 motor that can go past .010". the 97-98 could get a service hone, which is less than .010"
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Stock 3.08s. We didn't get 3.23s.

My car will cut a 1.6x in good wx w/ a low end robbing cam in it. They get off the line dude.

BTW, N2O, mine aint no DD. I can drive it easily, but don't like to. I'm going to eventually pull the heads and send them to AI. Expect to put down around 380 on a stock crank.

10's N/A

Stock 3.08s. We didn't get 3.23s.

My car will cut a 1.6x in good wx w/ a low end robbing cam in it. They get off the line dude.
    Your cutting a great 60-foot, but you gotta realize his pops doesn't have 330rwhp - he's got 440 -big difference! Your gonna have traction issues w/ that kind of power on street tires regardless, so that explains why his LS1 was able to get off the line quicker.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Your cutting a great 60-foot, but you gotta realize his pops doesn't have 330rwhp - he's got 440 -big difference! Your gonna have traction issues w/ that kind of power on street tires regardless, so that explains why his LS1 was able to get off the line quicker.
    The LS1 gets off the line quicker too because he's about 700-800lbs lighter than the Impala.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    The LS1 gets off the line quicker too because he's about 700-800lbs lighter than the Impala.
    Yes, that's definitely 1 key point!

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Traction is a major issue in the cars believe it or not. I have zero traction at anything in first gear in mine. I'm just surprised his Imp pulled that hard up top on the LS1.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    i don't know of any LS1 motor that can go past .010". the 97-98 could get a service hone, which is less than .010"
    the ls1 blocks which from my reading only 99 - up can be bored which is a overstatment .0400 it isn't that much but they 97-98's can only go like .0010 which is so small

Thread Information