Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 02blackbirdws6 View Post
    wow thats crazy man, mine was reduced to only speeding and 1 point on my record with a 410 fine

We pretty much got the same thing then. Im fine with what i got.

Mexican-American Muscle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    We pretty much got the same thing then. Im fine with what i got.
    yeah true, only mine was just plain stupid and i shouldnt have been doing it in the first place

SOM
    99 Trans Am

I shouldnt have been doing it either! haha. I mean i THOUGHT no one was around, no headlights, no people walking, absolutely nothing... but i was wrong, there was a cop just sittin haha. It was a stupid thing to do but oh well. We can all say that we have opened our cars up on the street before and gone well over the speed limit, its just a matter of timing.

Mexican-American Muscle
    live and learn

Black
    00 WS6

Get a lawyer.....a few years back I got a ticket for reckless opp. The cop watched me mess around with a Mustang and said he almost gave me a drag racing ticket. My lawyer got the ticket reduced to a changing lanes violation with a $200 fine. The lawyer cost me $300. Best $300 I ever spent. I could hear the cop yelling at my lawyer in the hallway while they negotiated....the cop did not want to reduce my ticket, but the city wanted the $200 fine. If you go to court w/o a lawyer you will get screwed.

Mexican-American Muscle
    Quote Originally Posted by qwk93ta View Post
    Get a lawyer.....a few years back I got a ticket for reckless opp. The cop watched me mess around with a Mustang and said he almost gave me a drag racing ticket. My lawyer got the ticket reduced to a changing lanes violation with a $200 fine. The lawyer cost me $300. Best $300 I ever spent. I could hear the cop yelling at my lawyer in the hallway while they negotiated....the cop did not want to reduce my ticket, but the city wanted the $200 fine. If you go to court w/o a lawyer you will get screwed.
    not necessarily all i had was a public defender and mine was reduced from a 1400 dollar, 2 pts on driving record, 40 hrs of community service, and possible suspension of license ticket to only a 1 pt speeding ticket with a 410 fine i make the final payment next week

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I shouldnt have been doing it either! haha. I mean i THOUGHT no one was around, no headlights, no people walking, absolutely nothing... but i was wrong, there was a cop just sittin haha. It was a stupid thing to do but oh well. We can all say that we have opened our cars up on the street before and gone well over the speed limit, its just a matter of timing.
    What did you end up sayig in court?

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

dude the same thing happened to me. cop saw me racing another guy. really the guy cut me off and i caught (chased) him to make sure he knew he almost took my front end off.

any way the cop didn't want to hear any thing at the time all he saw was us flying down the street.

got a lawyer and got every thing thrown out. i ended up with a Manner of driving ticket. city offense. 128 bucks.

or i could have paid 1100, lost my lic. 1 yr and paid sr22 ins. for 3 yrs.

unless he got it on film you didn't do anything. and they can't prove you was driving. because he didn't pull you over at the time could have been anyone in your car. i know this because the cops that got me said so even though my wife got the tag of the guy chasing.

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    What did you end up sayig in court?
    Judge asked what happened, so i told him.... but left out the weee little part about us running through pretty much every gear.. I said we barely broke the speed limit and only took off from the light then shut em down and kinda just messed around after like giving a little gas.

It was funny though, he asked what i drive and i said ohh just a firebird and my friend said a base impreza. Then he says " neither of you were juicing were you? You know, the bottle, squeeze?" I laughed and said no hahaha.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Judge asked what happened, so i told him.... but left out the weee little part about us running through pretty much every gear.. I said we barely broke the speed limit and only took off from the light then shut em down and kinda just messed around after like giving a little gas.

It was funny though, he asked what i drive and i said ohh just a firebird and my friend said a base impreza. Then he says " neither of you were juicing were you? You know, the bottle, squeeze?" I laughed and said no hahaha.

Good call. Most of the time if you are honest, and you didn't kill/maim anyone and your driving record is not too bad you can get off kinda easy. Thats funny about the juicing part.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

sounds like the judge knew his cars, "yeah we gassed it just a little"

Its a 4 door vette bitch! JOHN_DEERE_LS6's Avatar

Black Raven/Ebony cowskin
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

I just dont understand how i can fight it. If the cop shows up to court then hes going to tell them what he saw and its not like they wont believe him..

ok he dint clock you... so he has no speed... id request ticket be lower to improper start (taking off at a high rate of speed without breaking the tires loose) that and/or a defective equipment ticket so they cna get there money they want.... both tickets are like 90-95$ up here no points

FIGHT EVERY TICKET YOU GET AND OFFER THEM SOMETHIGN SO THEY THINK THERE GETTING THE GOOD DEAL.. you gotta appeal to a cops way of thinking... let them no there in control here and youd really like to work somethign out yet let him retain his badass image....

plus id find out who the good samaritin was that gave him your plate and 1. get there daughter pregnat, 2. burn there house down, 3. yard job and run over there mail box.........

we had 6 people call us in on our bikes one day riding wheelies from lansing to eaton rapids down m99 in a matter of 5-8 minutes.... its these fat peopel who hate there lives spouse and kids that drive foriegn cars and mini vans that wanna ruin fun for the younger "cooler" crowd....

Its a 4 door vette bitch! JOHN_DEERE_LS6's Avatar

Black Raven/Ebony cowskin
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

whoops shoudla read down the page more lmao!

you been juicin' son....

Black
    00 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 02blackbirdws6 View Post
    not necessarily all i had was a public defender and mine was reduced from a 1400 dollar, 2 pts on driving record, 40 hrs of community service, and possible suspension of license ticket to only a 1 pt speeding ticket with a 410 fine i make the final payment next week
    This is the definition of a public defender:

In the United States, a public defender is an attorney whose duty is to provide legal representation to those who are defendants (those have been charged with a crime) and who are indigent (unable to pay for an attorney). State governments and the federal government, respectively, pay for the public defenders to provide legal defense for the indigent.

Appointed attorneys are required for anyone accused in a criminal case who is exposed to any likelihood of imprisonment. The Supreme Court has held that, under the Sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution, governments must afford indigent defendants with competent counsel. Different jurisdictions use different approaches to providing such counsel. By far, the most common is a public defender office, though a substantial minority use a panel of private attorneys who are compensated for their appointed work.

You had a lawyer with you..........

Thread Information