Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Wrx kill and street racing ticket.

Ok guys hear me out on this.. Me and my friend(with the wrx) were going to a bonfire at about 12pm. Our buddy called us right when we left and said give him a minute he'll be home soon. So we were just cruising to kill some time. We turn right onto a completely deserted road, not a pair headlights in front or behind us. The upcoming light turns red and he gets next to me. he says wanna do a quick run? Im say ehh id rather go on the highway(i honestly am against racing on the street..) Then hes just like come on there arent any cars in sight. I agree. Light goes green and were off. I outlaunch him and end up winning by about 2 cars. We turn around and head back towards our buddies house and wait at the intersection to turn left and what do you know.. a cop is behind my friend. He gets pulled over once we turn and i keep driving casually, not speeding away or anything. Well i didnt get away, The one and only passing motorist took my license plate and gave it to the cop. I get a call saying i need to go to the police station in that city. He also told my friend that if i dont show up he will come to my house and get me and tow my car, so i went after my buddy called and said that.

End up getting a ticket for "Street racing prohibited." He didnt clock us either, so there is no speed written on the ticket. When i got to the station he said if the light at the intersection would have stayed green, he wouldnt have stopped us cus we would have been out of his jurisdiction, a matter of about 10ft..

I have never been pulled over in my life. I have a perfect driving record and have never had any kind of run in with the law. The city i have court in also is only about 4 blocks big, realllllll smalll city. What am i looking at here? Im gonna plead no contest and tell the judge how sorry i am for polluting his citys streets with this, my mom took my plates and keys away, i have never been in any trouble and stuff like that. Im even going to offer to go back to driving school to keep the points off my license and ill pay a bigger fine. The cop who wrote the ticket also wont be in court.

I really dont ever fuck around on the street like this, i only really open the car up when im getting on the highway and the one time i do, i get caught haha. Sorry for the long post guys.

For clarity, cus it seems like this may be confusing.. The cop was in a lot and watched us race, according to him. He pulled up behind my buddy and i at the light where we were waiting to turn. We turned, he flicked his lights on, my buddy pulled over and i kept driving. The car i got in front of(no where near where we raced) took my license plate number, turned around and gave it to the cop while he was still in the process of giving my friend a ticket.
    Last edited by Ryans99LS1; 06-03-2008 at 01:17 PM.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

If you plead guilty or no contest you're going to lose your license. Get a lawyer.

BTW You're not against street racing, you participated in it.

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

plead innocent . and ask for a supporting deposition. the cop obviously cant give you one because he didn't witness the offense, there goes the ticket. the only person that can o anything is the person who saw you do it. they can make a citizens arrest. and its to late for that. the cop cant testify in court about the offense because he didn't witness the law being broken and he cant say anything about what the witness said ,thats hear say. even if they brought the witness in all he could say was he saw 2 cars pass him at a high rate of speed. and the driver looked like you, big deal theres a lot of people out there, prove it! unless you admitted it was you when the cop called you in. you should have never went.he cant tow your car on just someones complaint. if he had anything on you they would have come to your house and arrested you i mean think about it.

Red
    2001 ws6

get a lawyer, without the cop being a witness to the crime, its your word against the civilians, that would mean the person that called it in would have to also show up to court, the cop cannot give tickets based on another civilaisn account

Pewter
    2001 GrandPrix GTP

That sucks dude but, thats the risk your taking in racing on the streets (highway racing is still street racing as well).

Good luck and fill us in on what happens

SOM
    99 Trans Am

The cop was sitting in a parking lot doing paperwork and watched the whole thing go down. He said if they need to they can watch the tape if i plead not guilty and it will show us take off from the light.

Silver
    02 WS6

plead not guilty! I have had this very thing happen to me twice. I won on both accounts. I am 37 and not some dumb ass just posting up. The cop self admittedly said it was called in and not witnessed by him. Now if you got all dumb ass and said anything that implicated you, that could be used against you, you desreve the ticket just for stupidity. Saying you don't condone street racing and in the same breath say I would like the highway run better is an oxymoron man.
    If EVER you get pulled over by the cops be polite always and STFU! Good luck.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

shoulda put your car somwhere safe and ignored him...he had no proof besides word of mouth......the police HAVE to see the infraction in these cases....fight it....i woulda kept the beast in the garage and told him to fuck himself

SOM
    99 Trans Am

You guys arent getting me, HE WATCHED THE WHOLE THING AND GOT MY LICENSE PLATE EXCEPT FOR 1 NUMBER. The passing motorist stopped and gave him my whole number while i was driving away and my buddy was getting his ticket.
    Last edited by Ryans99LS1; 06-01-2008 at 12:41 PM.

Silver
    02 WS6

Ah. Well then..........

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Your fucked, at least you can learn a valuable lesson from this.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

wow dude, that sucks for ya. insurance will skyrocket

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

If this is your first ever ticket- and you can show remorse- Maybe just maybe a lawyer can convience a judge to lower this speeding only.

They lower tickets all the time. Maybe they will cut you a break.

Good luck.

18 years old with V8 and a streetracing ticket = HIGH Insurance rates

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    Ok guys hear me out on this.. Me and my friend(with the wrx) were going to a bonfire at about 12pm. Our buddy called us right when we left and said give him a minute he'll be home soon. So we were just cruising to kill some time. We turn right onto a completely deserted road, not a pair headlights in front or behind us. The upcoming light turns red and he gets next to me. he says wanna do a quick run? Im say ehh id rather go on the highway(i honestly am against racing on the street..) Then hes just like come on there arent any cars in sight. I agree. Light goes green and were off. I outlaunch him and end up winning by about 2 cars. We turn around and head back towards our buddies house and wait at the intersection to turn left and what do you know.. a cop is behind my friend. He gets pulled over once we turn and i keep driving casually, not speeding away or anything. Well i didnt get away, The one and only passing motorist took my license plate and gave it to the cop. I get a call saying i need to go to the police station in that city. He also told my friend that if i dont show up he will come to my house and get me and tow my car, so i went after my buddy called and said that.

End up getting a ticket for "Street racing prohibited." He didnt clock us either, so there is no speed written on the ticket. When i got to the station he said if the light at the intersection would have stayed green, he wouldnt have stopped us cus we would have been out of his jurisdiction, a matter of about 10ft..

I have never been pulled over in my life. I have a perfect driving record and have never had any kind of run in with the law. The city i have court in also is only about 4 blocks big, realllllll smalll city. What am i looking at here? Im gonna plead no contest and tell the judge how sorry i am for polluting his citys streets with this, my mom took my plates and keys away, i have never been in any trouble and stuff like that. Im even going to offer to go back to driving school to keep the points off my license and ill pay a bigger fine. The cop who wrote the ticket also wont be in court.

I really dont ever fuck around on the street like this, i only really open the car up when im getting on the highway and the one time i do, i get caught haha. Sorry for the long post guys.
    well youll only waste money if you get a lawyer right away, If the cop wrote you up for street racing but without finding you in a violation of the law ie speeding, reckless, inevaisive actions. then you can tell the judge to dismiss the case. and if he demands a plea then say not guilty, because there's no adequate proof that you were racing. its going to be a he said she said ordeal. You can also say the other motorist didnt know what was going on. but it all depends on your state that you live.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

worth fighting it...........might save lots of $$$ in the future

SOM
    99 Trans Am

I just dont understand how i can fight it. If the cop shows up to court then hes going to tell them what he saw and its not like they wont believe him..

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

If he didnt get the speed, then he dont have shit, and you should not have apolagized for speeding because now you admitted to it. count on him not coming to court, You already gave yourself up. Be stubborn damn it get you and your friends story straight, good luck, in cali in certain cities you go to jail for 6 months for street racing-

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    I just dont understand how i can fight it. If the cop shows up to court then hes going to tell them what he saw and its not like they wont believe him..
    lawyers understand........at least talk with one

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    If he didnt get the speed, then he dont have shit, and you should not have apolagized for speeding because now you admitted to it. count on him not coming to court, You already gave yourself up. Be stubborn damn it get you and your friends story straight, good luck, in cali in certain cities you go to jail for 6 months for street racing-
    I'm goin to court on the 5th for my wreckless ticket (70 in a 35). I got a lawyer but it's kinda just for pity points and to show responsibility, cause I have no other real options...as in anything to make a case against the officer. I also can not lose my license because I drive a company vehicle, so I'm hping to get the charges reduced as a minimum, if not dropped completely for something like a fine and community service...

Definately plead not guilty, cause the guy could not show up and you'll be off scott free, but at least it gives you a chance instead of submitting. I got a speeding ticket when I was 17 (42 in a 35), and the cop was like "look, I'm writing you up for 5 over, plead not guilty, and youll get no points, just pay the fine." Sure as hell happened that way cause all they care about is the almighty dollar.

Good luck man!

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

If your werent caught in the act then its just that one motorists opinion... fight it.. or do what i do..

Engine off... ebrake up one notch. turn engine on... turn headlights off... haul ass.

Thread Information