Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    Hawk23, thanks for the idea, im really gonna push for that too, i never even thought of that!

But wooddaniel, im thinking the same way. Im hoping that if really show some remorse and ask him to give me my punishment in other ways then i may get off with a reduced charge. Providing he is in a good mood that day..

Quick question though guys, how long do point stay on your license? and also my mom said we just switched insurance yesterday and that checked our records already. She is saying that they dont check but every 2 years or so, and randomly in between, so if this does go on my record, will it go unnoticed for awhile?
    2 years, and 12 points in two years, 6 months no driving.

what city were you in? hopefully not linndale, nor the city buy tuxedo drive, that is not to far from you. both of those just take it like a man you will not get anything. nor win. where did you race at near 54th?

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

It was in brooklyn heights, right after tuxedo. My friend actually lives on tuxedo and we were heading right there. Turned off brookpark, and as soon as we turned onto broadview road he flicked his lights on.

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

It was in brooklyn heights, right after tuxedo. My friend actually lives on tuxedo and we were heading right there. Turned off brookpark, and as soon as we turned onto broadview road he flicked his lights on.
    yeah they sit over there and watch i 76.

your done there i have been in that court, judge cam in in jeans, with the black robe over then. they don't care and just want there money.

i got a speeding ticket there i was going the opposite direction of the cop, i was looking for a street not even speeding, pulled in a driveway to turn around and he boxed me in. he said i was speeding i know i wasn't but it was my word against his. 95.00 later and 2 points i was on my way good luck with that man. just pay it and move on.
    Last edited by 1fastcamarosss11; 06-03-2008 at 10:03 AM.

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Ill gladly pay the fine if i can walk out with my license.

Just icing on the cake.. on my way to work today, seriously a 3 minute drive down pearl road( i work at ziebart) i get pulled over for no front plate on my DD. He then goes to say i wasnt wearing my seatbelt, but i was. Got a ticket for no seatbelt in the end... Fucking prick

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am A4

honestly, fight this. this cop sounds like some high ego bullshitter who did not hear much to me. First he states he did not witness it, then he notices you might contest his testimony so he switches his story and makes a claim of having it on video. If you physically have never seen this video, does that mean it even exists? chances are no! the cop is a liar. hes a human being... a power driven retarded human being at that getting off to punishing a wreckless youth. its your life and you have the right to do as you please... but certain things rights are protected by the law. Remember driving isn't a right it is a privaledge, which is just a statement for limiting our freedom for personal and social protection.

but anyways fight this case. You will win... or at least get your charges lowered and be able to keep your license. You live in a land that gives you the right to defend yourself so take advantage of it and just dont bend over. The cop never physically saw you sitting in the driver seat of that car... he will say he will but ask him to prove it. he does not ave sufficient evidence. then say you were at the bonfire and never left and have friend witness your testimony. say you left your keys in your cupholder cuz you had no pockkets and maybe someone there took it out on a joyride and you were not aware, nor upset if it happened because you trust your friends and everyone there. All that talk the officer is clearly PRODUCING is bogus. Question the source of the b/s and youll get off scott free. Youll need a lawyer to back you up and preferably get one out of that town that isnt connected. And remember, youre paying for your lawyer so make him REPRESENT you, not his ideas. You want off and put one to that lame cop who cant do anything better than faulsly bust a kid at his house an hour or later after the incident (entrapment), then use that story i gave you. It is bulletproof. The civilian witness wont even be able to identify you as the driver either. If they cant pinpoint you as the source of that activity... if they can even generate the evidence to say it existed.. then you'll be perfectly safe.

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Just icing on the cake.. on my way to work today, seriously a 3 minute drive down pearl road( i work at ziebart) i get pulled over for no front plate on my DD. He then goes to say i wasnt wearing my seatbelt, but i was. Got a ticket for no seatbelt in the end... Fucking prick
    you work at the one on brookpark next to characters? i know that area.

i have not got bothered in my ta yet but once. but like i told my brother i think he just wanted to see the car up close.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

You need to consult the services of a reputable attorney in the area. Unfortunately, in a small town like this, a well-regarded attorney is typically a far cry from being the cheapest! HAHA! Whatever you end up spending on the attorney will be well worth it in the long run. The attorney will be able to provide much more insight on the offense you are charged with, the officer that wrote the ticket and the judge scheduled to sit for your proceeding. He would be able to give you an idea of what you could likely expect to come of this and he is in a MUCH better position to try to negotiate a deal with the District Attorney on your behalf.

I got my first ticket in a small town in NC about 3 months after I got my license....71 mph in a 45 zone (albeit a quiet country road) and I was slowing down from about 120 mph. (Yes, I know, I was young and dumb). Fortunately, this was my first offense, I was a good student and had always been positively involved in the community and I had a great attorney. At the end of the day, I paid a couple hundred bucks for a reduced "64 in a 55" (they changed the speed on the ticket because the cop clocked me right around the point where the speed limit was reduced....hence the reason I was backing down from 120), a couple hundred bucks to the attorney and my parent's took the keys for a month. Fortunately, to this day I still enjoy great insurance rates.....that comes in very handy with an SS and a Corvette in the garage.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    You need to consult the services of a reputable attorney in the area. Unfortunately, in a small town like this, a well-regarded attorney is typically a far cry from being the cheapest! HAHA! Whatever you end up spending on the attorney will be well worth it in the long run. The attorney will be able to provide much more insight on the offense you are charged with, the officer that wrote the ticket and the judge scheduled to sit for your proceeding. He would be able to give you an idea of what you could likely expect to come of this and he is in a MUCH better position to try to negotiate a deal with the District Attorney on your behalf.

I got my first ticket in a small town in NC about 3 months after I got my license....71 mph in a 45 zone (albeit a quiet country road) and I was slowing down from about 120 mph. (Yes, I know, I was young and dumb). Fortunately, this was my first offense, I was a good student and had always been positively involved in the community and I had a great attorney. At the end of the day, I paid a couple hundred bucks for a reduced "64 in a 55" (they changed the speed on the ticket because the cop clocked me right around the point where the speed limit was reduced....hence the reason I was backing down from 120), a couple hundred bucks to the attorney and my parent's took the keys for a month. Fortunately, to this day I still enjoy great insurance rates.....that comes in very handy with an SS and a Corvette in the garage.
    71 in a 45 is a big deal? u needed to pay a blood sucker for that? speeding must be a lot rougher down in GA......i was clocked at 92 in a 55 in my rsx 4 or 5 yrs ago........he wrote me for an 1110A ...failure to obey a traffic control device..lol 85 bucks 0 points

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

if seatbelt is same here.. its 10 bucks... thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    71 in a 45 is a big deal? u needed to pay a blood sucker for that? speeding must be a lot rougher down in GA......i was clocked at 92 in a 55 in my rsx 4 or 5 yrs ago........he wrote me for an 1110A ...failure to obey a traffic control device..lol 85 bucks 0 points

lol for real.. i thought GA was not as strict as TN in traffic laws and stuff.. like not helmets on bikes.. 71 in a 45 in TN.. 96.00 and nobody ever knows about it... only time they get you in TN is if it over 90 mph..

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    you work at the one on brookpark next to characters? i know that area.

i have not got bothered in my ta yet but once. but like i told my brother i think he just wanted to see the car up close.
    No im at pearl and 130th, parma hts and middleburgh border. Dont come through parma heights without one, theyll get your ass haha. But i wasnt driving my TA, the one and only time i dont cus i just washed it and its raining a little.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

How do you know that the cop won't be at the hearing? If he isn't at the hearing on the date given to you to report to court the case is dropped. That's what has happened with me in the past, well at least her in Cali. I bet things are even more sour for your friend becasue he's the one that got pulled over. Why didn't you gun your car when there were people behind you? As soon as the cop was too far for him to catch me I would've been left, right, left and gone.

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    How do you know that the cop won't be at the hearing? If he isn't at the hearing on the date given to you to report to court the case is dropped. That's what has happened with me in the past, well at least her in Cali. I bet things are even more sour for your friend becasue he's the one that got pulled over. Why didn't you gun your car when there were people behind you? As soon as the cop was too far for him to catch me I would've been left, right, left and gone.
    hear if the cop doesn't show for the first one he gets a second chance.

becasue you actually get a 2nd court date then.

1st time plea not guilty, then the next court date.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    I was 16 at the time and passing by a NC State Trooper at 71 in a 45 mph in a well-modded car with a throaty V8 = Taking home the gentleman's autograph on a pink slip of paper! Be mindful of the fact that I was slowing down from around 120 mph when he "clocked" me.....it was a blessing that the ticket was written as a 71 in a 45. It's nice to get a great concession on the front end of the ticket (when you're sitting in the car and he explains what he's writing it for), however I figured it would take the attorney's help to get a substantial reduction when it was time to go to court. In effect, 75 mph over the speed limit (120 speed - 45 limit = 75)essentially turned into 9 after the court date. (Yes, I know that was stupid and I'm fortunate to be able to tell this story)!

$200 for attorney + negotiated additional $50 fine added to the ticket and it was dropped to a harmless 64 in a 55 mph zone. For a total expense of $250 I saved thousands of dollars on my insurance (which was already through the roof thanks to the fact that I was 16 and had a sports car). Now that I'm in Atlanta (and the rates are typically much higher than rural North Carolina), it's helpful to have a perfectly clean record with 0 insurance points.....especially when you're trying to insure an SS and a Corvette.
    Last edited by Midnight02; 06-05-2008 at 12:56 PM.

Metallic Black
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    If your werent caught in the act then its just that one motorists opinion... fight it.. or do what i do..

Engine off... ebrake up one notch. turn engine on... turn headlights off... haul ass.
    Yeah sometimes running works...But if it dont you run the risk of jail time, wrecking your car, or possibly killing yourself or someone else.

One night my buddies were racing me up this bridge where I live, when I got to the top there was a nice state patrol a-hole going the other way...Well I was kinda doing 60+ in a 30. I saw him slam on his brakes so me and my buddy split...He went left I went right, then I hauled ass to mcdonalds. While in the drive through I saw that cop zing by lights on siren going. He never saw me. Boy was I lucky.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinoman View Post
    Yeah sometimes running works...But if it dont you run the risk of jail time, wrecking your car, or possibly killing yourself or someone else.

One night my buddies were racing me up this bridge where I live, when I got to the top there was a nice state patrol a-hole going the other way...Well I was kinda doing 60+ in a 30. I saw him slam on his brakes so me and my buddy split...He went left I went right, then I hauled ass to mcdonalds. While in the drive through I saw that cop zing by lights on siren going. He never saw me. Boy was I lucky.
    if im going fast enough for them to give me a HUGE fine, take me to jail, or take my car.license away.... as long as they arent behind me (so they can see my plates).. i dont think twice about it.. .but i only race on a 4 lane now so.... no worries about turns... and i dont think i need to worry about any of em catching me on a straightaway.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

shit our lawyer is right now getting my off a street racing ticket... got my sister off a ticket doing 74 in a 35... my lawyer is awesome only cost me sister 250 and its costing me 1,500 because mine is a criminal charge... over here in washington if they don't clock you they have no proof if you were (Challanging) the person next 2 you...

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Went to court yesterday. They reduced it to 50 in a 35mph and 2 points with a $310 fine. I got lucky as all hell that my buddy, who i raced and was there with me, decided to join the navy in the mean time cus thats the only reason they reduced it so he could actually enlist.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Went to court yesterday. They reduced it to 50 in a 35mph and 2 points with a $310 fine. I got lucky as all hell that my buddy, who i raced and was there with me, decided to join the navy in the mean time cus thats the only reason they reduced it so he could actually enlist.
    glad it worked out for you

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Thanks, i am too. I was so relieved, i thought i was going to leave there without a license and about $700 in fines, not to mention re instatement fees later.

Mexican-American Muscle
    wow thats crazy man, mine was reduced to only speeding and 1 point on my record with a 410 fine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information