Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    john
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    Umm, no John, I was not referring to the Cross-Ram 302's that were being sold from the factory.
    Well then, which one?

As far it's "race car" version not making the "600 horsepower that I'm claiming", why not re-inspect my statement. I stated almost two horsepower per cubic inch, not two horsepower per cubic inch. If you'd kindly remove you're head from you're rear, you'd realize that there's a significant difference.

Underrated. By the way, that's still 1.5 horsepower per cubic inch.
    There is indeed a significant difference. One is a bold, unsubstantiated, talk out your ass claim, the other is back peddling because you got called on it.

My head it not up my rear.

You're arguement is plastic...
    I have no idea what that means.

Hmm, would this anology also apply to the 1970 454 Chevelle... being completely underrated by chevy at a mere 450 horsepower, but clearly making over 500?
    My point was SAE Gross figures are not the same as SAE Net. Are you disputing that?

The rest of you're pathetic arguement is just smoke and mirrors on you're part.
    What was "smoke and mirrors"?

Thanks, it's been fun though. Really, it has....

I hope it's been educational as well.

John, you know perfectly well after reading my response that I was not referring to the factory Cross-rammed 302's. I was initially referring to Smokey Yunick. Claiming "almost 2 horsepower per cubic inch" on my part, I was embellishing on the 1.7 to 1.8 mark... as it is my understanding, as well as other Yunick fans, that Yunick clearly emphasized "way over 500 horsepower", in reference to Chevy's high-winding 302, after they were finished with it.

john
    John, you know perfectly well after reading my response that I was not referring to the factory Cross-rammed 302's. I was initially referring to Smokey Yunick. Claiming "almost 2 horsepower per cubic inch" on my part, I was embellishing on the 1.7 to 1.8 mark... as it is my understanding, as well as other Yunick fans, that Yunick clearly emphasized "way over 500 horsepower", in reference to Chevy's high-winding 302, after they were finished with it.

That's more believable. However, I don't think SVT has had the same freedoms. They are really a factory tuner, not after market. Being the age of political correctness SVT also has to content with modern emmisions laws, unleaded low octane gas and CAFE standards. Overall I think they do a pretty kick ass job.

silver
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by rickyhaiber
    p.s. whats up with the goofy hoods they put on your cars? is it worth the measly 20 or so HP to make your car so dumb looking? just curious b/c i laugh every time i blow one of those ws6 ls1's away and have to look at it in my rearview
    camaros arent so bad, but trans ams are goofy, too many little scoops and curves..they look queer
    So sad this POS bitch is banned. I hope he comes back and explains this thread. The bitch has been looking for a TA, yes a TA, and evened mentioned he needs to sell his Cobra. Why?? aint TA ugly and slow?? Fucking loser. I aint got nothing more to say. I wont even bother answering (if you do) whatever stupid thing your ass-like mouth has to say. Get the fuck out of here!

http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5038
    http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=80812#post80812

Guy was also asking for a SS also.......POS!!!!
    Last edited by chaman; 12-26-2005 at 03:21 PM.

Red
    86 Z28

Lol maybe it wasnt him, probaly a die hard my little pony fan got on his comp, said the LS1.com bookmark and attempted to trash talk the beloved Fbodies.

Thread Information