Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

McLaren possibly looking to take back title?

Its not new to me, but I figured I'd post this up and see what you all think. If anyone is familiar with the McLaren F1, it was, until 2005 the fastest production car produced. Then the Koenigsegg CCR came into play, then the Bugatti Veyron beat that, and now the SSC Ultimate Aero holds the title as "Officially, Guinness World's Fastest Production Car in the World" ...of which, does NOT have traction control, and is rear-wheel drive. Well, I've heard of and saw the pictures of the rumored return of McLaren production cars. The new cars are nick named the P11, and the faster model is nicknamed P12. And I was just wondering if you guys think they will try and regain their title, or if you think they will just try to produce another fast as hell car? From what has been said, they are suppose to be faster then the McLaren F1. Of which, if that is true then the rumors of it only trying to compete with the Ferrari F430 Scuderia can be put aside IMO. ...but both are still just rumors. I personally think if they are producing two cars, the P11 may be to compete with the F430 Scuderia and the P12 could be for them to get their title back. What do yous think?...and any more updates would be cool.

black
    01 ws6

sounds like a good race O_O !

red
    2002 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Cronex View Post
    Its not new to me, but I figured I'd post this up and see what you all think. If anyone is familiar with the McLaren F1, it was, until 2005 the fastest production car produced. Then the Koenigsegg CCR came into play, then the Bugatti Veyron beat that, and now the SSC Ultimate Aero holds the title as "Officially, Guinness World's Fastest Production Car in the World" ...of which, does NOT have traction control, and is rear-wheel drive. Well, I've heard of and saw the pictures of the rumored return of McLaren production cars. The new cars are nick named the P11, and the faster model is nicknamed P12. And I was just wondering if you guys think they will try and regain their title, or if you think they will just try to produce another fast as hell car? From what has been said, they are suppose to be faster then the McLaren F1. Of which, if that is true then the rumors of it only trying to compete with the Ferrari F430 Scuderia can be put aside IMO. ...but both are still just rumors. I personally think if they are producing two cars, the P11 may be to compete with the F430 Scuderia and the P12 could be for them to get their title back. What do yous think?...and any more updates would be cool.
    mclaren is into producing some of the worlds best road cars so I can only imagine that they will try to put themselves back on top.

Black
    02 Z28 M6

I don't think they will challenge the Bugatti Veyron.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

They have their work cut out to beat the Bugatti. The body not only beat the McClaren F1 but Massacred it.The McClaren can take off first and hit 100 MPH before the Bugatti takes off and the Bugatti will still beat the McClaren to 200 MPH. That is one hell of a straight line rocket. It can do 0-200 Quicker than The McClaren can do 100-200.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

Haha, I would hope so since the Veyron is newer technology. Your compairing the F1 which held the title " Fastest Production Car In The World " from 1994 to 2004, ironically one of the longest lasting title holders thus far. (I don't know about later cars.) I highly doubt that they aren't capable of producing something atleast at par with the Veyron...which doesn't hold the title anymore (2005 - 2007), the SSC Aero does (2008). And I still think the McLaren is better looking then the Veyron, sorry. Second place would be the Veyron, then the SSC, then the CCR if compairing looks. ...just my opinion though.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

I agree the Veyron looks like a damn bug (not the vw type but the insect type), I love the looks of the McClaren much better.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

Haha, yeah I agree. Just like STI's look like them too IMO. ...I actually had some chick say to me that my TA looked like a bug, haha. I don't know, I don't think my TA looks like a bug, but whatever.

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

Id like too see Mclaren take back the title and at the same time match the build quality of the Veyron. From what ive the read the Ultimate Aero has that "kit car" fit and finish to it.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

With the herritage and pedigree that McLaren has, they are almost obligated to compete for the worlds fastest. I was thinking that if they came in and built something to compete with the F430 and Saleen's new Raptor, that would be all well and good. But then again the F1 was so far ahead of it's time and pushed the envelope in a way which seemed to inspire the Veyron. It seems only fitting that McLaren would push the limits of physics yet again. Do they have something to prove? Is it time for McLaren to jump back into the forefront and claim their rightful place in automotive excellence?

I don't know about you guys but I could always go for another dream car.

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Let the battle begin.

Pewter
    2001 GrandPrix GTP

I hope the SSC keeps it for a while. I like the fact that we've got an american car in the lead. I was watching a video on streetfire and they were saying its actually a fairly nice and comfortable ride.

Thread Information