black
    2002 WS6

Why do people bother?

Now I'm not one to post in the kills section for various reasons, namely cause well where I am things rarely happen.

But any ways last night was the first night I had the car out for a cruise, so I make a stop at the bank for car wash money. Pulling out after my transaction on to the main road, get stopped at a light and line up beside get this, a golden green V6 Mustang. Light turns green her chirps the tires a couple of times.

Kinda funny cause I guess he forgot traction controle and even funner I didn't even try and still stuck with him. I would have given him a proper run but I needed gas an the station was just on the other side of the intersection.

Fast forward a couple hours later and I find one of those Early Cavaliers or some thing like it, the ones that came with a V6 (see a theme here), well any ways this guy is motoring pretty good. SO I have some fun and do a half thottle pull past him in 4th from about 1300 RPM. He goes for it and wants to play.

Long story short he does the swerve behind and tail gate after we leave a light and I give him a 2 gear dump and run away. He catches up leter and asked what I was running, the look on his face after the answer was price less.

But why do people think that V6s (stock) will keep up with 8s? My guess is a lack of education and simple stupidity.

lol,that's funny.It's even funnier this is the first post i read as i am new here and am a v6 mustang Owner,LOL.I don't try that silly shit.I joined because i may trade for a ws6 or the likes and want to learn more about them.Mine is supercharged tho,and alot of fun anyways,just lookin for change and like the ws6 looks alot.

black
    2002 WS6

They are great cars, lots of power. Well most don't look or listen I think, The first place most people look is the hood, those nostrals grab attention. Form the back besides the tips ther is nothing that says V8 besides the Trans Am decal around the key for the hatch. My WS6 badge fell off so it looks pretty plane in the dark of night.

Ya,i was thinkin about the story and maybe somehow,he don't recognize the hood or hear the sound too well and though it was a 6?The newer 4.0's(years 05-08) are peppy for what they are(new,and compared to price range) and it sounded like it was a legend lime 05 mustang,but yours is an easy I.D.

I hate all this rice running around revving at me,and since they all look alike,i am just like "whatever,lol-

I am not looking for big numbers,but less modding for bigger gains and good looks still there.
    Last edited by BAndit111; 05-24-2008 at 01:25 PM.

black
    2002 WS6

What you describe sounds about right for colour and such, He was already at the light when I pulled up pulling out of the bank parking lot. I didn't even think he would try, but he did. I had a good chuckle.

Yea most V6s now a days are putting out the power as the V8s from the 80s and early 90s.

I'm am the same way for goals, I was always a fan of the cars and I like what I have. Just gonna do few tweeks and leave it at that.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BAndit111 View Post
    lol,that's funny.It's even funnier this is the first post i read as i am new here and am a v6 mustang Owner,LOL.I don't try that silly shit.I joined because i may trade for a ws6 or the likes and want to learn more about them.Mine is supercharged tho,and alot of fun anyways,just lookin for change and like the ws6 looks alot.
    I never seen a blown V6 stang.
    What numbers you pushing?

I have'nt dynoed the car,but estimate 270ish atm to the wheels from the dynos i've seen.I am at the lowest boost tho untuned,running 6 lbs and could go 10.I am replacing my clutch already,but i seem an exception generally there. No intercooler out for this one,yet.Keep in mind,this is a roots blower,so,least overall power among the options but great low end.The turbos around can push 400+ with not much more than a new rear end and shimmed springs if they are an auto if i was for all out power.Of course,then there is supporting mods to keep it to the ground.

Awaiting Activation

black
    98 Z-28

yeah i have a 98 with an rs body package and i love when these other cars pull up, even a ss or two will pull up and think, "oh, its just a six." no it's a z28 with rs package with 2k miles on the rebuilt motor,h/c. fools, i just laugh. i really wanted to convert to an ss but why with all the fun i have.

Mineral Grey
    2005 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post

Last edited by 2K05GT; 05-25-2008 at 01:18 PM.

Mineral Grey
    2005 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    these are posted at the Mustang Collective a 4.0 community

Username........Ride.....................Induction ..WHP...60'...1/8 Mile....... [1/4 Mile ET & MPH]
    rygen.............2005 V6 Mustang...Turbo.......522.0 1.560 6.966@98.38 10.970@122.00
    Buckman.........2006 V6 Mustang...Turbo.......426.0 1.658 7.113@98.70 11.021@126.33
    armycook1981.2005 V6 mustang...Turbo/NOS.415.0 1.703 7.379@96.13 11.448@121.02

http://mustangcollective.com/timesli...Bsessionurl%5D

There are a couple of options for the V6 Mustang
    Powerhouse Turbo builds on of the best setups for this platform
    and then there is the X-Charger roots blower
    and of course the Centuri style blowers ( procharger Ect.)
    Last edited by 2K05GT; 05-25-2008 at 01:22 PM.
    Click for full size
    12.41 @ 109.35
    All Stock Motor and Tranny with Bolt-ons

Ever feel like you're being watched?The walls have eyes,lol /jk

Mineral Grey
    2005 Mustang GT

Ever feel like you're being watched?The walls have eyes,lol /jk

Silver
    02 WS6

Congrats on the new found wisdom bro. LOL Mine is always for sale!

Thread Information