Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

so i guess im supposed to race this guy again, and another pullied termi, i will be sure a good person will be there to video, im not sure when but i hope sometime soon

Approver of Threads SpecterGT260's Avatar

Blacked out
    '98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Mid 12's my ass. Don't act like any guy that knows how to drive is going to run mid 12's in a stock termi. You will have a lot of guys holding there heads down for that reason. It is definitely possible, but takes an excellent driver, beyond one that just has his head on straight to pull those e.t.'s. High 12's is where it's @ in a stock termi coupe.
    I consider 12.6 mid 12s. I know a few guys who have done it stock. and a pulleyed and tuned cobra will be running around 450rwhp give or take. hell, even on ls1/termie comparissons the terminator runs about .5 sec faster than the ls1, i could go dig up the article, but it was Evan Smith that did it, the same guy that ran 12.87 in a bonse stock Z, his times were about a half second apart. any termie owner, with a little practice can get into the 12.6-12.7 range. so mid-high, still fast

Silver+Black/Black+Silver
    1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    alright let me begin by saying im doing everything in my power to get the video let me explain,

so this sat i decide to make a nice drive to murrieta to pick up some sbc parts that i needed to complete my build.
    so the first race i did a 55-110 or so with a red ferrari testarosa, beat his ass so bad lol it was pretty bad, he gave me a thumbs up and i replied with a thumbs down lol
    alight onto the good part so im driving down jefferson road a pretty windy open road with many side streets just for industrial shit so i go to my place get my shit and on my way back i see a bunch of people on the side of the road with a tent and all kinds of cars, some sort of grand opening for tint and 4 wheel drive shit, then i hear that screaming baby noise and see a cloud of smoke coming from a black cobra way down the other side of the street showing off with people videoing, at that point i have gone to far past the road to make the left so i flip a bitch on jefferson and make a right on that side road just as the cobra came up and was u turning on that road, we get side by side at about 20mph and we both just get in it quick, as i pull him by 1 car and just hold it past the mob of people who are now running to the street to see whats going on, grabbing there cameras and what not, we get to the end of the street and i ask do you wanna go from a dig he replies hell yes lol, so i honk them out, 3rd honk and im gone, little tire spin but i got outta the hole good, the cobra spun some too not terrible but def wouldnt be considering hooking, so id say i yanked him 2 cars outta the hole and maintaned till the full 1/4, came back to the parking lot and spoke with the driver his mods were
    front mount heat exchanger
    pulley im not sure what size
    an x pipe and cat back
    and cai

my mods
    gmmg cat back,
    slp lid

on to the video part, i knew that a bunch of guys got it one couldnt send it via phone for some reason and the shop owner said he would upload and email it to me, i gave him my email and am anxiously awaiting it.
    i know i shouldnt have made this without the vid but fuck it im bored at work.

Click for full size

Ok.. so I don't get why you would give him a thumbs down? Nice guy in a nice car..

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Nice kill! Typical wah wah, but good job at least trying to provide evidence

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by 94VortechGT View Post
    So let me get this straight, you beat a 400+whp Cobra with your 320ish whp LS1?
    so if somebody has more hp they always win

Black
    1994 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    so if somebody has more hp they always win

When racing from a roll, 9 times out of 10 yes.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

When racing from a roll, 9 times out of 10 yes.
    depends of the driver mod

Black
    1994 Mustang GT

depends of the driver mod
    So you think a bone stock 96 Mustang GT could pull on a 2002 LS1 SS from a roll?

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by SpecterGT260 View Post
    I consider 12.6 mid 12s. I know a few guys who have done it stock. and a pulleyed and tuned cobra will be running around 450rwhp give or take. hell, even on ls1/termie comparissons the terminator runs about .5 sec faster than the ls1, i could go dig up the article, but it was Evan Smith that did it, the same guy that ran 12.87 in a bonse stock Z, his times were about a half second apart. any termie owner, with a little practice can get into the 12.6-12.7 range. so mid-high, still fast
    A 'few' guys. Exactly. I've seen a dozen run in the 12.80 range. That seems more realistic for your average guy with his head on straight. j/k.

So you think a bone stock 96 Mustang GT could pull on a 2002 LS1 SS from a roll?
    SN95's suck.

Blacked out
    '98 Trans Am

whatever. that sounds more like splitting hairs to me. they are solid 12 second cars however u cut it

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

anything could happen in a street race.............point is the guy did kill the cobra in THAT race............give him his credit and you will gain respect on here.......I have never liked Mustangs but I do like the Cobras. Very fast cars. I raced one that was far from stock and he raped me. I felt no shame, it was a bad mother

Black
    1994 Mustang GT

anything could happen in a street race.............point is the guy did kill the cobra in THAT race............give him his credit and you will gain respect on here.......I have never liked Mustangs but I do like the Cobras. Very fast cars. I raced one that was far from stock and he raped me. I felt no shame, it was a bad mother

The chances of that ever happening are slim to none. I don't care how good of a driver you are. There isn't much to wining a roll race. Especially when you have over a 100hp advantage.

My point is the guy "says" he killed the Cobra and provides a video that could mean anything. You guys fall all over it like that's the way it should have went down. Seriously, I'll give the LS1 credit where it is due but this whole story seems too far fetched. I guarantee if some guy came on here saying he pulled a car length from a roll on a 02 SS in his stock 96 4.6 Mustang, you all would be the first to throw the BS flag on it. Why wouldn't you expect the same in return?

Blacked out
    '98 Trans Am

i believe there was a good number of us that said the cobra should have walked...... after admitting that, if he says he killed it so what?

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

The chances of that ever happening are slim to none. I don't care how good of a driver you are. There isn't much to wining a roll race. Especially when you have over a 100hp advantage.

My point is the guy "says" he killed the Cobra and provides a video that could mean anything. You guys fall all over it like that's the way it should have went down. Seriously, I'll give the LS1 credit where it is due but this whole story seems too far fetched. I guarantee if some guy came on here saying he pulled a car length from a roll on a 02 SS in his stock 96 4.6 Mustang, you all would be the first to throw the BS flag on it. Why wouldn't you expect the same in return?
    I dont throw up BS flags unless somebody tells lots of fish tales........I take them for their word and give a congrads

heck when I was a teen I took a 2.2 Charger and beat v8's on curvy roads, people under estimate the driver mod

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Slim to none, yes, but slim is the werd in this case

Isn't much to winning a roll, except shifting...You're telling me that if you have more HP and you miss a shift that you are def. going to win (roll race)?

I was walking on an SRT-8 magnum about a month after I bought my car and was not really used to how close the gearbox is, and missed a shift (2-3), causing the 1 1/2 car lead I had to drop to almost even, and I barely won...
    Last edited by mrr23; 05-22-2008 at 03:56 AM.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

I dont throw up BS flags unless somebody tells lots of fish tales........I take them for their word and give a congrads

heck when I was a teen I took a 2.2 Charger and beat v8's on curvy roads, people under estimate the driver mod

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post

I out run the cops in the same car on a curvy road..........I got stories from when I was a teen that are hard for me to believe they happened

Yeah after he beat you he slowed down real quick so at the end it looks like you won even though the guy is layin on the WOT. Ford guys are dumbasses. Purge yourselves from the planet. Better yet have him look me up. I'll mop the floor with his slowbra.
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I guarantee if some guy came on here saying he pulled a car length from a roll on a 02 SS in his stock 96 4.6 Mustang, you all would be the first to throw the BS flag on it. Why wouldn't you expect the same in return?
    Bud, comparing a low 13 sec. ls1 to a shit box mid 15 sec. 96 4.6 GT isnt the same as comparing the cobra and ls1.

At least the ls1 and cobra are close in 1/4 mile times. But you picked the single worst v8 mustang in the past 20 years to compare to a 2002 ls1.

You are also forgeting how shitty the driver was in the cobra. Just because he had the horse dosent mean he knew how to use it.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

I out run the cops in the same car on a curvy road..........I got stories from when I was a teen that are hard for me to believe they happened
    It was a joke dude, didn't you see all the little guys behind the wall and white flags I'm just havin a little fun seeing as some of the Ford guys can't.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information