Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Gold
    1998 Camaro Z-28

Mine is getting an OEM SS hooshood and spoiler as we speak? Ill post pics when its done.

Gold
    1998 Camaro Z-28

All done

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by goldz28 View Post
    I'll play,
    Pics taken over the weekend of 6-21/6-23

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    O hey the red Z28 in these photo's look familiar!! You should see Jeremy's Gold Z28 now!!!

Oh you posted in here already lol. I can't wait to get a manta stripe!
    Last edited by Demon_Z28; 04-01-2011 at 11:49 AM.

Gold
    98 Z28

Didn't even know my gold Camaro was special! Well, at lease not because of the color. It gets compliments everywhere!

Sport Gold Metallic
    1998 Camaro SS ragtop

First post here. I know this is an LS1 forum, but I'll have to include my '94 black Z28 6 speed in the list. In addition to that car, I've owned a white '98 SS T-Top w/AT, a silver '00 Z28 hardtop w/6 speed, and an '02 Sunset Orange Metallic SS T-Top w/6 speed. Unfortunately, they've all been sold.

However, I still have my very special favorite, a 1998 Sport Gold Metallic SS convertible with a 6 speed. It's one of 7 gold SS ragtops produced and one of only 3 with a black top and dark grey interior, the other 4 were built with tan/neutral top and interior. I factory ordered it new and took possession in the summer of '98 at a now closed Carson City, NV dealership. It has only 14K original miles on it and is in mint condition. Has SLP options as well (really like the 17" SLP chrome wheels).

Regards,
    -James

Edit: Site seems to not allow me to upload pics??
    Last edited by miraje; 06-29-2014 at 06:32 PM.

Sport Gold Metallic
    1998 Camaro SS ragtop

Tried again to upload a couple of pics here. Got "post denied" message. I give up!!

Quote Originally Posted by miraje View Post
    First post here. I know this is an LS1 forum, but I'll have to include my '94 black Z28 6 speed in the list. In addition to that car, I've owned a white '98 SS T-Top w/AT, a silver '00 Z28 hardtop w/6 speed, and an '02 Sunset Orange Metallic SS T-Top w/6 speed. Unfortunately, they've all been sold.

However, I still have my very special favorite, a 1998 Sport Gold Metallic SS convertible with a 6 speed. It's one of 7 gold SS ragtops produced and one of only 3 with a black top and dark grey interior, the other 4 were built with tan/neutral top and interior. I factory ordered it new and took possession in the summer of '98 at a now closed Carson City, NV dealership. It has only 14K original miles on it and is in mint condition. Has SLP options as well (really like the 17" SLP chrome wheels).

Regards,
    -James

Edit: Site seems to not allow me to upload pics??

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Sign up for a free photobucket account and post the image links from there to this site. Easiest way to post up pictures here

Sport Gold Metallic
    1998 Camaro SS ragtop

Thanks for the suggestion. I do have a photobucket account, but I get "post denied" when I try to upload pics to this site. I have some nice photos of my gold SS that I'd like to share, but I guess newbies aren't allowed to upload images.

BTW, I see you have a Sunset Orange SS. I had a factory ordered '02 SS T-top the same color, black leather, 6 speed and all factory and most SLP options. Unfortunately, I had to sell it a few years ago with only a little more than 1,000 miles on the odo. Mint, with CD changer, floor mats, key fobs, etc, still in their wrappers. Sold it for $25K and the dealer who bought it was advertising it for $39K. Guess I let it go too cheap.. :-(

Regards,
    -James
    Last edited by miraje; 06-30-2014 at 10:08 AM.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

You need 10 posts. Just keep posting. 5 more to go.

Sport Gold Metallic
    1998 Camaro SS ragtop

Saw another gold SS convertible in the parking lot at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway about ten years ago. If memory serves, it was a Super Chevy event. I left a note asking the owner to get in touch, but never heard back.

The last I heard (and it's been a while), the other two black on gold SS ragtops are located in Michigan and Illinois. Anyone seen them recently?

98 SGM Z28
    98 SGM SS Hardtop #23

I always love it one someone brings this thread back to life. It makes me remember both of my sgm camaros. Both of which I sold 5+ years ago. And it sounds like you've got yourself a really nice SS there miraje. I'd love to see some pictures once you can post them.

Sport Gold Metallic
    1998 Camaro SS ragtop

Thanks, 5.7. I'll get some pics up soon. I haven't seen another gold Camaro, of any flavor, 6 or V8, on the road in years. And I've never seen an SGM Firebird, ever. Didn't know they existed until I registered here. Although mine is 1 of 7 gold SS ragtops produced, it's actually 1 of 1, the way I optioned it when I factory ordered it. One thing I didn't order, and I regret the omission, was the trunk mounted 12 disc CD changer.

Got some details on how these few gold SS's were optioned from Scott Settlemeyer (Camaro Brand Manager) some years ago. Paperwork's buried in a drawer somewhere. Don't know if Scott's still with GM these days??

Regards..

Gold
    1998 camaro

New to forums and just registered. I have two gold camaro's, one v6 t-top and the other z28 convertible. Bought the v6 brand new and just bought the conv a few weeks ago.

Sport Gold Metallic
    1998 Camaro SS ragtop

Gotta get some pics up of these "endangered species". Gold F Bodies have pretty much disappeared on the roads. And I'm a truck driver..
    Last edited by miraje; 07-23-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Gold
    1998 camaro

Rare...try living in the bush in canada. Snow for 6 months of the year. There is another v6 here sitting under a pine tree near my place and have seen one or two in Ottawa. The other v6 is a little darker than mine, not sure why. Just need to find a hard top ss to complete the set.

Gotta get some pics up of these "endangered species". Gold F Bodies have pretty much disappeared on the roads. And I'm a truck driver..
    Yeah, gold just never really caught back on after the early 70's. Used to be one of the most popular colors (along with green) back in the late 60's/early 70's. Now you just don't see it all that much anymore.

We have a gold 70 formula, personally I love the color as does my wife (her favorite car in the stable) But the car gets alot of mixed reviews at the cruises/shows and will generally get passed over for more common colors like red and black. I guess you have to be old to remember/appreciate that color

My wife drives a 4th gen daily and has had several of them in different colors. If we could have found a gold one it'd be sitting in the garage next to the formula. Too bad they only seem to be in the 98 model year. We (at the time) tend to buy 2000-2002 4th gens and I don't believe gold was even offered then. Too bad.

Sport Gold Metallic
    1998 Camaro SS ragtop

Yes, gold was a '98 only color and there weren't many produced. I believe that Hugger Orange was a '99 only color, but that one did nothing for me. I really did like the Sunset Orange Metallic that was offered '01 and '02 F- bodies.

By the way, this site will still not allow me to upload pics of my gold SS here. I give up.. :-(

EDIT: Message says "Exceeds your quota by 11.7KB". What quota?? I can't even upload one small pic..
    Last edited by miraje; 07-26-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Gold
    1998 camaro

New update. I travel to Aruba every year and 5 years ago I spotted SGM in a parking lot. Looked like a t-top v6. I saw it every year till last year. Tried to get a picture but the bus kept moving.

Yes, gold was a '98 only color and there weren't many produced. I believe that Hugger Orange was a '99 only color, but that one did nothing for me. I really did like the Sunset Orange Metallic that was offered '01 and '02 F- bodies.

By the way, this site will still not allow me to upload pics of my gold SS here. I give up.. :-(

EDIT: Message says "Exceeds your quota by 11.7KB". What quota?? I can't even upload one small pic..
    We also have an orange car in the stable. Funny 30 years ago it didn't grab all that much attention at the cruises, but the last 4-5 years it's been nothing but attention. I've also noticed more orange cars at the big shows like Goodguys in the last 2-3 years, and people, as well as mags saying orange is the new black or red. Funny how things like that change seemingly overnight.

Sport Gold Metallic
    1998 Camaro SS ragtop

My first new car was a 1979 Cascade Camaro. It was a regional edition offered in OR and WA back then, 1 of 90 produced, all fully loaded with 350's and AT's. White with an orange hood and stripes, tan interior. My girlfriend at the time said it looked like orange sherbert, so his name was shortened to Sherby. There are some pics online available with doing a "1979 cascade camaro pictures" search..

Sold Sherby in '83 down in LA. It's probably the only one in the state of California if it's still running..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information