Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Geez, it's great to be back LOL.....

Has anybody even raced anybody yet, or are we all still talking smack with each other....?

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

My best friend has a WRX that pulls on modded STI's. This thing pulls freakin hard from a roll, hes not that great at launching yet. He has to be over 300awhp. We raced, he got the hit, and we stayed dead even, no one moved an inch.

To the OP good race, close races like that are always fun but it sucks knowing you have the power to beat him right in your trunk haha

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101
    I wouldn't run a TT setup unless it was on a Big block. just too much lag....
    That depends on the variables; size of turbo's, size of primaries, wastegate, ECM (anti lag), etc...

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8
    Sent you a PM by the way....

Quote Originally Posted by 05gtoautoX
    I need to get a remote bottle opener. But I'm sure had I sprayed the outcome would have been different, not making excuses though, a win is a win.
    Don't you mean a loss is a loss LOL....?

Just kidding man, got beat plenty of times myself by an STI or three, it just goes with the territory, there's always someone faster on any given day or night....

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    That depends on the variables; size of turbo's, size of primaries, wastegate, ECM (anti lag), etc...
    Yes it does vary on the turbo size. But why put 2 turbo's on that you have to re-build eventually and get a little more lag, Vs a Single big turbo for a better power range. When you talking Small 2.0 - 3.8 liters you don't get the exhust combustion you really need. Now if you have a Big block 550CI or more. Then is a game of how much do you really need? LOL, I guess it all comes down to how much power you really want. I can make a Streetable 750HP out of my 240, But I personally don't wanna spend the $$ to do that. B/C its pointless on the street. Now if Im going to build a Track car, you better believe im bringing the Guns!! Ill put 2 100+MM turbo's and a Big block setup and make well over 2500HP. If im going to play :} Then Im going to play with dynamite!!

I think Tim Lynch has the Twins figured out pretty well.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/N...Inc_137916.htm
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/T...-car_37942.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101
    I think Tim Lynch has the Twins figured out pretty well
    ^ So does Tim King (with a V6), Click here, then Click here, think he's in the 8's now....

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    So what does your posts have to do with this thread?

I really can't believe what i read, Wesman made a sentence without putting the word Rice in it OMG the world has ended.

Back on topic now.

05gtoautoX- Did you spray your 125 shot?

From what I have seen at the tracks here 1/8th mile of course.

Ls1-camaro's I have seen put down a 7.40's running 100Shot, exhuast,lid, and 3,000 stall converter A4.

I have also seen a Slightly modded Sti; Max 5k in upgrades, bigger turbo, exhuast,tune and a Driver mod run Deep into the 7.50's,

So with that in the 1/8th mile thats a LS1 with 100shot about 1/2 car win in the 1/8th around 96MPH.

So personally I have seen both Ls1 and STI do around 5k of mods and really make a close race out of it.

I did not spray while racing the STI, I'm sure if I would have things would have turned out differently. My car runs 12.30s with slow 60ft. at about 115mph on 125hp. shot, and now that I have DRs I'm sure it'll get better. My 1/8th mile time was a 8.01 @88.Xmph. I'm sure the STIs/EVOs are faster in the 1/8 than most due to them being AWD, I know I'm usually playing catch up from a dig.

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

that was my cherry popper to the loss column. some kid (i say that because I'm 47) had a new ( i say that because it was about 3 summers ago) sti and gets a car on me . i felt if it was longer i could have reeled him in . what was it 05 or 06 they changed the headlights and stuff. I'm pretty sure they changed it again in 08 but like i said it was at least 3 summers ago. i hurt a little but i made up for it with one of those little Mercedes 2 seater's (a romp) with some Rich kid driving and boy did he get a ear full of loudmouth! then some old dude in a new supercharged jag 4 door. his jaw almost hit the floor and he actually stopped to ask me what i "had in that thing"

15 sec. Oh yeah, its fast UTVols98's Avatar

maroon
    2000 Z28

I've never been impressed with the 6.0l gto's. I raced one with LT headers and a tune and I pulled on him a car length and all I had was a CAI and dual exhaust, no headers.
    2000 Z28: Accufab 4150, Vic Jr. 150 shot, Patriot stg 2 heads, big cam, FLT Stg VI 4L60, S60 rear. Waaay more stuff to list. 3100 LBS.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by UTVols98 View Post
    I've never been impressed with the 6.0l gto's. I raced one with LT headers and a tune and I pulled on him a car length and all I had was a CAI and dual exhaust, no headers.
    Weight difference is the key. The F-body has the advantage in that department. On most occasions, a stock F-body LS1 M6 w/ a driver on point can pretty much run right with a 6.0L Goat, though I have seen more very low 13's to even 12.90's out of stock LS2 GTO's than I have F-bodies. As a matter of fact, i've never even seen a stock F-body go 12's (in person)

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

Quote Originally Posted by UTVols98 View Post
    I've never been all that impressed with the f-bodies either, I've raced multiple
    F-bods and beat most by 2+ car lengths without the spray.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 05gtoautoX View Post
    I've never been all that impressed with the f-bodies either, I've raced multiple
    Come on guys, both cars are GM products. There both impressive.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Why don't we compare gas mileage? F-body FTMFW! 28 Highway for mine, 75-80 MPH.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Why don't we compare gas mileage? F-body FTMFW! 28 Highway for mine, 75-80 MPH.
    I have averaged 29.4@ avg speed 76.2mph here in Ut. driving across the bonneville salt flats. You're wondering how I know my avg. speed though, well it's because the GTO doesn't have a low end, rattle trap interior and has a guage option that informs you of this. I've had 2 F-bodies(98 Z-28 and 01 WS-6) and neither pulled like the GTO or had near the interior these do. I do love F-bodies and as for the MPG, I'll bet they're about the same. The GTO just has a functional back seat and fits me better, and it does everything the F-body can do(somethings even better), The styling is controversial and your own opinion, but I'm still trying to figure out why MOST F-body guys treat the GTO guys like we are 96 mustang GT owners

10's N/A

MOST F-body guys treat the GTO guys like we are 96 mustang GT owners
    I don't agree with you at all on that. I think that statement is full of s***. I know lot's of a F-body guys (like myself) that think highly of those cars. Anybody who really knows them knows they are fast - I mean, they are Corvette-powered so only a fool would compare them to a 96 Mustang GT.

Try again...

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    I don't agree with you at all on that. I think that statement is full of s***. I know lot's of a F-body guys (like myself) that think highly of those cars. Anybody who really knows them knows they are fast - I mean, they are Corvette-powered so only a fool would compare them to a 96 Mustang GT.

Try again...
    Yeah well I didn't say it was ALL the f-body guys, and most f-body guys don't know much about the gto except alot of gto drivers can't launch them good(they are hard!) As for ACTUALLY comparing them to a 96 mustang, it was a little overboard but I think you get my jist.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I have averaged 29.4@ avg speed 76.2mph here in Ut. driving across the bonneville salt flats. You're wondering how I know my avg. speed though, well it's because the GTO doesn't have a low end, rattle trap interior and has a guage option that informs you of this. I've had 2 F-bodies(98 Z-28 and 01 WS-6) and neither pulled like the GTO or had near the interior these do. I do love F-bodies and as for the MPG, I'll bet they're about the same. The GTO just has a functional back seat and fits me better, and it does everything the F-body can do(somethings even better), The styling is controversial and your own opinion, but I'm still trying to figure out why MOST F-body guys treat the GTO guys like we are 96 mustang GT owners
    Wow. Great gas mileage.

And I like how you slammed the F-bodies.

White
    2001 Camaro SS & 2007 R6

Getting off the freeway i was followed by a STI. same years, 05-06. He was on my ass the entire time. We both end up making a left at the light. I slowly pull out, wanting him to play, but he just drives on. I get up next to him, make some noise, and Now he is game. We get to the next light, I get a horrible jump off the line, he gets 2 lengths on me right away, by 40 i cut it in half, and by 80 im up 2 on him. Not sure if he was pushing it at all, because I didnt think that the ss was that fast. Needless to say, i was happy with the win.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by baseballguy View Post
    Getting off the freeway i was followed by a STI. same years, 05-06. He was on my ass the entire time. We both end up making a left at the light. I slowly pull out, wanting him to play, but he just drives on. I get up next to him, make some noise, and Now he is game. We get to the next light, I get a horrible jump off the line, he gets 2 lengths on me right away, by 40 i cut it in half, and by 80 im up 2 on him. Not sure if he was pushing it at all, because I didnt think that the ss was that fast. Needless to say, i was happy with the win.
    My guess is he was on it as best as he could. Nice kill.

Thread Information