Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    15 sec. Oh yeah, its fast UTVols98's Avatar

maroon
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    8.52 with less mods than I've got now.(had a cool night too!

I've heard of stock power breaking rear ends with slicks. power and enough traction breaks them.
    Yeah, maybe if it's has 100k+ miles on it and driven to hell, but you'll be perfectly fine. 10 bolts are weak, but not that weak.

This whole thread sounds like a bunch of testosterone chest beating kids....

Do you guys really get a kick out of trying to beat a fellow F-body owner with the same type of cars,,,,on a message board of all things????

Is the action out in the real world just that slow that everyone has to resort to calling out their own kind on a message board??? LOL

Seriously though,,,common guys,,,this kind of smack talk should be going on over on a mustang board or something

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Its friendly competition and completely healthy... I say we make this an event, get video, put money on it... Im all for the LS1...
    -Nick
    '01 Camaro SS M6 "The Beast"

Quote Originally Posted by BlankinSShip View Post
    Its friendly competition and completely healthy... I say we make this an event, get video, put money on it... Im all for the LS1...
    LOL,,,okay then.

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Haha

Black
    99 SS

wow, i got my money on the LT1 if its only 1/8 mile

N/A nitrously aspirated stangslayer98's Avatar

black
    1998 trans am

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by UTVols98 View Post
    Yeah, maybe if it's has 100k+ miles on it and driven to hell, but you'll be perfectly fine. 10 bolts are weak, but not that weak.

yes they are that weak, put some drag radials on it and it wont last long its not the 8.5" 10 bolt its the 7.5" big difference.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    This is a dumb comment!! Let the kid Live!! Just b/c he has a new born coming doesn't mean he can't have fun on the Track!!

I honestly don't know who to put money on. I have seen both Ls1 and Lt1's run high 8's in the 1/8th.

7camaro7- are you going to run any spray?
    dumb comment huh? well i guess it depends on how u look / value life and family, i was talking mainly about street racing, drag racing is indeed somewhat safer.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    dumb comment huh? well i guess it depends on how u look / value life and family, i was talking mainly about street racing, drag racing is indeed somewhat safer.
    Street racing I Agree with you!!

Track Racing I disagree.

I feel safer on the track then I do on the street. Even tho I drive faster I never make a pass without my 5 point harness strapped in and my helmet on. So I guess its all in somones opinion. But I like to live fun and racing to me is fun.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    This whole thread sounds like a bunch of testosterone chest beating kids....

Do you guys really get a kick out of trying to beat a fellow F-body owner with the same type of cars,,,,on a message board of all things????

Is the action out in the real world just that slow that everyone has to resort to calling out their own kind on a message board??? LOL

Seriously though,,,common guys,,,this kind of smack talk should be going on over on a mustang board or something
    I like you Firebirdjones, but this time--> I'm going to take him out. I just wonder when he got called out the first time, why the thread ended right then and there. If his car is as fast as he says it is then he should have no problem. It should be just another walk in the park. Jimmy and I live less than 20 miles apart and we use the same drag strip so it'll workout just fine...(ahem... 4 ME!) hahaha This Friday is good for me, or next. Whenever. I just don't want it to be so far down the road that he finally gets a ls7 in it(heck I'd have one by then).

Any ways I'll make sure to have atleast one ls1.com member(cmartin: Camera man) there to witness it and of course his car has an ls1 in it. That shouldn't matter in Jimmy's and my drag competition should it? I'm not against lt1s btw. I just don't think Jimmy's car is as fast as he says it is. No offense Jimmy.

I'm not even mad at you, I just wanna add your car to my cars kill list... AGAIN! Now everybody chill out and watch my banana dance.

10's N/A

I like you Firebirdjones, but this time--> I'm going to take him out. I just wonder when he got called out the first time, why the thread ended right then and there. If his car is as fast as he says it is then he should have no problem. It should be just another walk in the park. Jimmy and I live less than 20 miles apart and we use the same drag strip so it'll workout just fine...(ahem... 4 ME!) hahaha This Friday is good for me, or next. Whenever. I just don't want it to be so far down the road that he finally gets a ls7 in it(heck I'd have one by then).

Any ways I'll make sure to have atleast one ls1.com member(cmartin: Camera man) there to witness it and of course his car has an ls1 in it. That shouldn't matter in Jimmy's and my drag competition should it? I'm not against lt1s btw. I just don't think Jimmy's car is as fast as he says it is. No offense Jimmy.

I'm not even mad at you, I just wanna add your car to my cars kill list... AGAIN! Now everybody chill out and watch my banana dance.

you are a real goof.

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

This might actually be a good race, but I'll put my money on the LS1. Jimmy, you running a cam?
    no but I have 1.6 roller rockers with conical valve springs. I didn't have money at the time when I ported my heads. it was kinda a spur of the moment thing. working on one thing, but then it was just really easy to take them and get them ported a bit and it came out more than was expected, because of some repair stuff that they needed to do. I plan on it eventually. dunno when. dunno when on much now. I am saving money for a couple things. I am not saving too much though. I need some wheels and tires of my own for the track, but that is gonna have to wait a little longer. I need new back tires for the street first( just looked at them and and they have hardly any tread left on them after my mom got a hold of my car, she tore up the differential and I didn't even look at the tires till today and they are almost bald)

white
    94 camaro z28

alright. it won't be this weekend. texas speed is taking too long for me to have my differential together this weekend. next weekend I am gonna do a couple runs for some shift point adjustment. week after that would be cool though. I think it will be a good race. we have similar power, and similar weight. it should be fun.

white
    94 camaro z28

You spend 2,500 and still don't have a cam. That's the best power mod you can do besides N2O or FI. If it was cammed, I'd put it on the LT.
    the 2500 was mainly repairs of major things that were going wrong. I did a little upgrading with it, but 1100 was repairs. the rest was finishing exhaust, gears, gaskets, and a mild port job with new valves (it needed some new ones already, I just upgraded while I was at it. 3 angle valve job to go with them)

white
    94 camaro z28

Well I don't think you should have many excuses will all that work done. My 60' are on street tires too(with a 6spd and you're an auto!) so no sympathy for you there. My goal is to get down to 1.99 60' on street tires. Maybe I'll do it when WE race.
    not asking for sympathy. I just have never been good off the line without them. I am gonna practice launches while I tune it. I just have never been that good at them and I am yet to do a launch on the strip with the new torque converter, and differential.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I've broken two 10-bolts in my Trans Am in the 6 months of owning her, and I have street tires on and I've never been to the track.

Thats cool. I like getting together with a bunch of friends and head for the track. If I lived closer I'd come down just to see what all the fuss is about.

Keep up the chit chat here though,,,I am getting a pretty good chuckle out of some of this.

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    I've broken two 10-bolts in my Trans Am in the 6 months of owning her, and I have street tires on and I've never been to the track.
    my mom did 5 minutes of donuts in my car and ruined mine. it drives like an open differential because the clutches in the differential were worn to shit. they are non-existent after her showing off to my little brother and his friend. at least they don't like imports anymore and they are into muscle now. it also gave me the chance to change to 3.73's. it's gonna be nice. I can't wait to get it to the strip and get it tuned for it.

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Street racing I Agree with you!!

Track Racing I disagree.

I feel safer on the track then I do on the street. Even tho I drive faster I never make a pass without my 5 point harness strapped in and my helmet on. So I guess its all in somones opinion. But I like to live fun and racing to me is fun.
    I haven't actually raced on the street in a while. I am trying to quit. it's addicting. lol. I am trying to quit. it's hard. my fiance actually is encouraging me to have fun with my car until the baby is born. she says I won't get too much time to play with it after it's born and she knows i love working on it and driving it. she is the one who wants me to finish all the mods I want to do on it for now. she wants me to do everything aside from a 2 stage nitrous kit with 75 and 125 stages. I want to do it so bad, but she won't let me because all she knows about nitrous is fast and the furious stuff. lol. I am aiming for 7.5 eventually with a cam and more porting. I think I found someone who can do a good job on porting for half what I paid last time, but it would be another 2 months before I could do that. my fiance said she wants me to quit modding the month before the baby is born and I can't start back until the baby is a year old. my final mod before the baby is born is gonna be a 80's porche or early 90's lotus. i want a euro for my daily driver for some reason. I love my 74 911. it's just so ugh. it's so raw and gets you back to what you are really driving. it's just great.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information