Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

hahahah! we're not worthy! we're not worthy!

stang forum topic "How do i beat an LS1"

this is great stuff...

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_839764/tm.htm

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

I love how half of them at the end are like "Good luck" like they are going to war

black
    1999 Trans Am

HAHAHAHAHA thats some funny sh*t!!!!!

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

"full exhaust and nitrous"
    "full exhaust and nitrous"
    "full exhaust and nitrous". . .
    ok I'll give them that. . .
    unless we've got exhaust and FREE mods. . .

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

This is why I have to buy an LS1 as soon as I can, cause I tryed for years to try to make 4.6L fast enough, wasted my time.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by InterestedErick
    This is why I have to buy an LS1 as soon as I can, cause I tryed for years to try to make 4.6L fast enough, wasted my time.
    I won't lie, I wish everyday I could have an f-body that sounded as mean and smooooooth as a stang

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

They do sound badass...i'll give'em that

Red
    2002 Chevrolet

haha that's funny stuff right there..

maroon
    2001 Z28

they do sound good, but it would be like going up to a house, knockin on the door. only to hear a deep growl followed by a loud bad deep bark and your thinking pit bull, only you oper the door to find a cocker spanial sitting there. The stangs are all bark no bite, unless it's 03/04 cobra.

Black
    1987 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by InterestedErick
    That's because you didn't know what you were doing. I had a 99 GT and it made it's first 10 second pass in 10/01 on the stock longblock, 4R70W auto, axles, etc without much trouble. An ITS T-76 will do that. There are several very fast 4.6s, You guys have just been lucky to not run into any. I sold it with a fully built engine,trans & Accel DFI Gen 7 tuned by Job Spetter Jr. and the guy was running 10.0s with it. My GT had plenty of bite and many an LS1/LS6 in the NY area felt it.

Stock vs Stock, I would have been killed by an LS1 in either the GT or my GN, but niether remained stock so be careful what you race.

maroon
    2001 Z28

^ I totally agree, anything can be made fast. For the most part, 99% of the 4.6 GT's you see on the streets are not fast. Even a full bolt-on GT will still run low 13's, which is still on par w/ a stock LS1. That is sad IMO, that you have to go all out full bolt-ons just to do what a stock LS1 can do off the show room floor. Granted, a full bolt-on GT w/ slicks and gears would be a stock LS1 killer on the track. Then again, your typical stock LS1 w/ just slicks can go into the 12's no problem.

Black
    1987 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by 01mmmz28
    ^ I totally agree, anything can be made fast. For the most part, 99% of the 4.6 GT's you see on the streets are not fast. Even a full bolt-on GT will still run low 13's, which is still on par w/ a stock LS1. That is sad IMO, that you have to go all out full bolt-ons just to do what a stock LS1 can do off the show room floor. Granted, a full bolt-on GT w/ slicks and gears would be a stock LS1 killer on the track. Then again, your typical stock LS1 w/ just slicks can go into the 12's no problem.
    You have to remember that the GT starts out almost a full second behind the LS1 and with much lower compression. I have never seen a low compression engine react well to bolt-ons because they are much better suited for forced induction. I'm sure if I pulled the turbo off of my GN with 7.97:1 forged pistons in it, it would be an absolute turd still with the P&P heads and Lunati cam. With 20 psi flowing through it, it moves quite well. Anyone with a 4.6 and barely any bolt-ons shouldn't be screwing with LS1s because it would get ugly really quick.

When I had my GT, I would hang out with some really cool LS1 owners. Some of those guys with heads/cam were flying. My brother-in-law's wife has a 2002 Z28 sitting in the garage with very low miles and bone stock. She refuses to touch it. He and I are ready to mod the crap out of it.
    Last edited by Marc87GN; 12-19-2005 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 01mmmz28
    a "full bolt-on" GT runs mid to low 12s actually. But Im taking all bolt ons and no engine work. Springs, shocks, K-member, tune etc etc. Anything like that, not touching the engine though.

Navy Blue
    1999 Z28 A4

Teh LS1 can nevah lose! Face it, you don't stand a chance against an engine that was forged by the hand of God himself. That's what the LS1 guys would have us believe anyway. It is nice to see someone with a lowly GT wanting to take on the LS1. Way to represent brutha and good luck to you!
    that one made me laugh

Thread Information