Thread: got a new GTO

Arctic White
    1999 Z28 M6

got a new GTO

Well i just got some food at the local jack in the crack and as i was leaving i ran into my buddie who used to have a pretty quick Mach 1. he made the smart decision of turning it in for a blue 06 GTO M6. we see each other and give a wave and he yells out he just got his new X-pipe and some magnaflow glasspacks or something like that, not so sure of what kind it was but its magnaflow. anyways we pull up to the light, im behind him and we make the left turn and i pull up along side him and he is in gear waiting, i look over and give a smile and honk 3 times, i instantly jumped about a half car and by the end of 3rd i had about a car and a half, maybe 2, but then by some impossible way i missed 4th and just let off as he passed. not gonna lie, its a very quick car but i thought i was gonna loose but i guess i was wrong. and not bad on my part for having a clutch that is fucked and bald tires, all in all much faster then his Mach 1 and deffinitly a good race.

and im excited for tonight cuz this stupid kid i kno just got a new charger RT with 22" dubs on it thinks its the fastest thing in the world and im gonna school him tonight.
    1999 Z28, SLP Flow Pack, SLP 85mm MAF, AIR Temp Modual, Taylor 8.5 wires, NGK55 plugs, FRA! Skip Shift Elemenated, Lou's Short Stick, SLP Subrame Connectors, KYB AGX's, EGR Removed, MagnaFlow Catback, 3" cut out. STOCK DYNO ... 308 RWHP 319 RWTQ

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i heard the GTO's are a bit under-tuned. so said sarge, once

CookieMonster
    good kill

Arctic White
    1999 Z28 M6

yea thats true but then again think of how many things can throw you off of the perfect tune, i mean with the mods i have especially the SLP MAF i should be runnin rich and iv never gotten it tuned at all, so in most cars there is always room for more power with a better tune or just a tune in general. but i give it to em, they are fast cars.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by FastAssZ
    yea thats true but then again think of how many things can throw you off of the perfect tune, i mean with the mods i have especially the SLP MAF i should be runnin rich and iv never gotten it tuned at all, so in most cars there is always room for more power with a better tune or just a tune in general. but i give it to em, they are fast cars.
    A better MAF would make ya run lean cause it's more air, right? Anyways I like GTO's cause it's one more thing on the road that puts Mustangs n Rice to shame including the newer ones...

redls1bird
    mike, it doesnt quite work that way. yes the bigger maf does allow more air, and without any changes it would run lean. but since the maf actually measures the the air going into the engine and reports that change to the ecm, it adds more fuel to compensate. hopefully that more fuel will net you a few more ponies to the ground.

maroon
    2001 Z28

the stock maf in those things are good up to 500 rwhp, no need to change it.

Thread Information