Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Yeah the Stock Lt1 converter is only good for 1400. B/F I sold my trans am Anything I tried stalling over 1400 would push me through the lights.
    yeah. it's annoying. that's why i changed it. I would have left it alone, but it just irritated me. I didn't go big bc of my gf, but that doesn't even matter anymore. I bought her an ls400 with some of my college money

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    that's gonna be fun with the turbo'd mustang. sounds like he knew what he was doing when he did it.

What was the short that took so long to find? Thar mush have really sucked. i need to redo my stereo because of a short, but I feel like doing performance and visual mods first. lol. the stereo comes after new exhaust and all
    Ya the mustang is built and one of the Nicest you will lay eyes on. IMO

I had my main IGN wire short. I had to pull my dash and my front fenders and bumper and undo my entire factory wiring harness to find it. Prob the worse Night mare anyone could have. Apparently I had a headlight bolt rub threw my harness causing 4 wires to melt together. It was weird b/c sometimes it would work and sometimes it would not. but after a month and ALOT of cursing. Its fixed.

My 240 does not even have a place for a stereo anymore

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

This is a little of what I had to get into with the Short.

white
    94 camaro z28

This is a little of what I had to get into with the Short.

Click for full size
    that's a mess. how did you manage doing that. I would have gotten pretty pissed off at it.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Well it all started with my ignition wire under the dash by the steering column. So I had to trace the wire to find the bad place. That consisted of pulling the dash and unwrapping the harness to follow were it lead to. So after it was all said and done the car was totaled inside and out LOL. but its fixed now, and everything is back to normal. Thank goodness. But I did loose my temper more than once while tracing.

white
    94 camaro z28

Well it all started with my ignition wire under the dash by the steering column. So I had to trace the wire to find the bad place. That consisted of pulling the dash and unwrapping the harness to follow were it lead to. So after it was all said and done the car was totaled inside and out LOL. but its fixed now, and everything is back to normal. Thank goodness. But I did loose my temper more than once while tracing.
    that's good. do you have it set up where you could drive it on the street without any problems?

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Im still working on that. If I had my current alternator problem fixed then ya its streetable. Im still paying insurance on it and I havent drove it since october of last year LOL.

white
    94 camaro z28

Im still working on that. If I had my current alternator problem fixed then ya its streetable. Im still paying insurance on it and I havent drove it since october of last year LOL.
    cool. that's one thing I love about that engine.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Ya I hate it. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't go RB anything. I would sell it. I wish I had an old Chevelle or Nova I could of Pro streeted instead. A buddy of mine has a 1968 Pro street Corvette Im dying to have but I don't have the funds to buy.

white
    94 camaro z28

Ya I hate it. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't go RB anything. I would sell it. I wish I had an old Chevelle or Nova I could of Pro streeted instead. A buddy of mine has a 1968 Pro street Corvette Im dying to have but I don't have the funds to buy.
    really you don't like the rb? most people just love them. they normally just don't like the trouble of finding parts for them.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    really you don't like the rb? most people just love them. they normally just don't like the trouble of finding parts for them.
    Well they say there a reliable motor, But honestly I have had nothing but trouble. Basically spent my life savings trying to get it fixed and reliable. But I have not put 1000 miles on the car in 4 years. I have more track passes than anything. When it runs it runs good. But when its down its just a pain in the ass. Parts are as expensive as a 2jz supra motor. So If you got the money and patience I guess its ok. I just wanna be able to drive it every now and again. Its basically just been a decoration for my garage since I put the motor in.

white
    94 camaro z28

Well they say there a reliable motor, But honestly I have had nothing but trouble. Basically spent my life savings trying to get it fixed and reliable. But I have not put 1000 miles on the car in 4 years. I have more track passes than anything. When it runs it runs good. But when its down its just a pain in the ass. Parts are as expensive as a 2jz supra motor. So If you got the money and patience I guess its ok. I just wanna be able to drive it every now and again. Its basically just been a decoration for my garage since I put the motor in.
    ah so it's fast and expensive like a 2jz without the reliablility

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Yup, just as fast as a 2jz, can handle just as much power, Its strong Internally, Well built. This motor has Alot of technology in it. But the external parts and wiring is wat sucks. Mostly wiring. The MAFS, and ECU Maps Are Dumb, A big problem I been having is the ECU Magically pulling timing out of the motor as im running the car Causing me spark problems. But I think I have that fixed now. I yanked the damn Knock sensor wires out. LOL But tuning has to be nearly perfect for the motor to run good also. Ill spend Half a day tuning before a race, The tune always seems to change with the weather also. It never stays the same.

white
    94 camaro z28

Yup, just as fast as a 2jz, can handle just as much power, Its strong Internally, Well built. This motor has Alot of technology in it. But the external parts and wiring is wat sucks. Mostly wiring. The MAFS, and ECU Maps Are Dumb, A big problem I been having is the ECU Magically pulling timing out of the motor as im running the car Causing me spark problems. But I think I have that fixed now. I yanked the damn Knock sensor wires out. LOL But tuning has to be nearly perfect for the motor to run good also. Ill spend Half a day tuning before a race, The tune always seems to change with the weather also. It never stays the same.
    well I can't wait to see it roll out. where do you run at?

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Crossville, I-40 Dragway, possibly tomorrow night. But im not sure yet.. I still gotta figure out my charging problem. But if Not tomorrow ill be there next friday with my buddy and his mustang.

white
    94 camaro z28

Crossville, I-40 Dragway, possibly tomorrow night. But im not sure yet.. I still gotta figure out my charging problem. But if Not tomorrow ill be there next friday with my buddy and his mustang.
    it'd be a couple weeks before I could come out. my differential is acting like an open differential and I am getting a new one installed tomorrow with 3.73 gears. i don't know if i will get traction at all, but i can try.

Silver+Black/Black+Silver
    1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

Wait, so how would it make a difference if you were driving it? It's an auto..

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

I don't think you should have a problem with traction. We took my old Trans am (383 stroker) There a few weeks ago on street tires and had No problem hooking. But the track was in good shape also. Some nights its great, Others it sucks. But it would be Sweet if you could make it out. There is a few Ls1 Camaro's out there, of course running the bottle but putting down good numbers 7.30's-7.40's. I hope to be running with them myself If I can get my launch control to work.

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ten View Post
    Wait, so how would it make a difference if you were driving it? It's an auto..
    he sux at the start. really bad.

white
    94 camaro z28

I don't think you should have a problem with traction. We took my old Trans am (383 stroker) There a few weeks ago on street tires and had No problem hooking. But the track was in good shape also. Some nights its great, Others it sucks. But it would be Sweet if you could make it out. There is a few Ls1 Camaro's out there, of course running the bottle but putting down good numbers 7.30's-7.40's. I hope to be running with them myself If I can get my launch control to work.
    yeah those camaro's might be a little hard. I wish I could be running their times. If I get in the 7's on dr's I'll be happy I was running 8.4 before on dr's I need to buy some of my own, but that's no problem.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information