Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    2001 Trash Can

00' Ws6 vs. 06' WRX

Last weekend I was back home visiting and brought my car to an old high school buddy's (WRX owner) up the road to let him hear my car runnin open. He was changin the oil in his WRX and proceeded to tell me that it ran 12.8 (stock turbo, exhaust, cai, no tune...My other friend who was with me (owns the 00' Ws6) and I looked at each other like...ok...So we part ways....

Then we return in his Ws6. This guy is pullin out of his driveway and goes, "lets run em." We line up and go on 3 honks and to my amazement, pulled him right off the line. On the shift to 2nd my friend missed/ ground it twice, and the WRX pulled up to his door. We hit 2nd, and bye bye. Put about 3 cars on him till 80. He then tried a flyby a little up the road and it was stopped, and we pulled about 2 cars again haha.

The WRX driver pulls next to us at the stop sign and says "it's not runnin right, I think it might be the oil." WTF!!!!! More like shitty driver/ car not as fast

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

ya he was definatly a BAD driver those things can be a problem with a good driver, but it goes both ways with f-bodys if there is a good driver behind the wheel of the f-body the wrx driver will have a problem as well, what u mods you sportin??

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

BTW nice kill

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by 1 RedHot TransAm View Post
    ya he was definatly a BAD driver those things can be a problem with a good driver, but it goes both ways with f-bodys if there is a good driver behind the wheel of the f-body the wrx driver will have a problem as well, what u mods you sportin??
    It was my friend driving his car. Lid, gutted Flowmaster catback, and ws6store short shifter. His clutch is raped as hell too. Not sayin the WRX is a slow car at all, but I don't beleive 12.8 with only those mods and especially not with him driving haha. It was nice to shut him the hell up though!

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

ohh hell yeah thats my favorite car to rape I think WRX drivers are some of the cockyiest from the import scene IMO

Red
    2001 Trash Can

I feel the same way my friend. I think I hijacked a thread of yours like 2 months ago about a WRX driver throwing shit at me when I refused to race him. Guy is lucky I was too pissed off and forgot to get his license plate and/or pull off at his exit and murder him.

The guy that owns this partivular WRX is an old friend, and a little bit of a bullshitter, but he's a pretty cool guy. Sad to see that he's actin like a ricer now...

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

LoL thats right i remember that on the thread from a ways back I forgot that was you. that would piss me off if someone was throwin sh*t at me like that, ya I make it a point to take a challenge from any WRX driver...ya thats sad yer old friend turned into a complete ricer theres nothing short of an excersism from the church that can save him now that he's that deep of a ricer LoL

Red
    2001 Trash Can

LoL thats right i remember that on the thread from a ways back I forgot that was you. that would piss me off if someone was throwin sh*t at me like that, ya I make it a point to take a challenge from any WRX driver...ya thats sad yer old friend turned into a complete ricer theres nothing short of an excersism from the church that can save him now that he's that deep of a ricer LoL
    HAHA, or one of those weirdo "re-birthing" rituals lol. He used to have a pretty nice el-camino with a 355 last year, then sold it for this car...idiot. Some dude at the local drag strip ran 12.25 and another 12.2x run last friday in a blue WRX, and then drove it home, so that would be a loss if I raced him, but would still be worth a try!

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

oh absolutly, its always worth a try especially trying them from a roll its usually another story but with that AWD they tend to have the advantage, I have had some WRX's reject me to start a race from a roll and demand to start from a stop, they know their weak spots as well as I do...

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

man thats a pretty big jump to go from an elcamino to a WRX LoL

Red
    2001 Trash Can

man thats a pretty big jump to go from an elcamino to a WRX LoL
    Yea, you're not kiddin. And he's a TOTAL redneck too haha. This guy used to cruise around with 2 rebel flags and cb antennas on his old pickup.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

thats it next WRX that trys to race me i'm gonna throw a coffee mug out the window at them and anything else I can grab LoL

Red
    2001 Trash Can

thats it next WRX that trys to race me i'm gonna throw a coffee mug out the window at them and anything else I can grab LoL
    Make sure it's an orange Frito Lay mug though hahaha!!! I'm still thinking about goin to the local plant and looking for his car...He's a tiny little dude, so unless he has a gun I'm not worried I just don't think it's worth ending up in jail just for a little fun/revenge!

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Dude, I'm goin to bed lol. It's late, my contacts are dryin out, and I've got to do some insurance hunting b4 work tomorrow. Shall we pick this up at a later date lol.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Last weekend I was back home visiting and brought my car to an old high school buddy's (WRX owner) up the road to let him hear my car runnin open. He was changin the oil in his WRX and proceeded to tell me that it ran 12.8 (stock turbo, exhaust, cai, no tune...My other friend who was with me (owns the 00' Ws6) and I looked at each other like...ok...So we part ways....

Then we return in his Ws6. This guy is pullin out of his driveway and goes, "lets run em." We line up and go on 3 honks and to my amazement, pulled him right off the line. On the shift to 2nd my friend missed/ ground it twice, and the WRX pulled up to his door. We hit 2nd, and bye bye. Put about 3 cars on him till 80. He then tried a flyby a little up the road and it was stopped, and we pulled about 2 cars again haha.

The WRX driver pulls next to us at the stop sign and says "it's not runnin right, I think it might be the oil." WTF!!!!! More like shitty driver/ car not as fast
    LMFAO! great kill!

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

He aint running 12.8s, it can be done with the stock turbo, but it takes alot more supporting mods than just exhaust and CAI. A tune is key with these cars, i picked up 50 wheel hp when i gutted my downpipe and tuned the car via laptop. So without a tune and his mods i would be supprised if he was putting 200hp to the wheels. Unless he put a boost controller on the car and upped the boost but without adjusting the air to fuel ratio and timing hes gonna cause a knock and break the car.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

who the hell blames their oil after the get their ass beat? lol

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

You're thinking of the STI.

Even launching a WRX from redline will only net you a low-mid 14 second pass. It would take a ton of mods to get a WRX into low 13's/12's, especially considering that their transmissions are junk and can't even hold stock power without blowing up.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Well if the tranny could hold out, you would need a down pipe,up pipe, tune, headers, new intercooler would help and a WRX should be making 250-260AWHP with those mods. A good driver could hit low 13s easy with that hp

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    You're thinking of the STI.

Even launching a WRX from redline will only net you a low-mid 14 second pass. It would take a ton of mods to get a WRX into low 13's/12's, especially considering that their transmissions are junk and can't even hold stock power without blowing up.
    beat me to it... unless it was an sti, not a contest.

Thread Information