Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

I'll agree to that 100 percent. Many of these young kids go out and get bikes and have no idea how to ride. They mainly do it to say "hey, look at me, I have a bike." They are also one of the reasons sportbike owners are frowned upon. But you're exactly right.

Blue
    Chevy Malibu

Yep I am a newb so don't hate cuz I am not!

I think you might have beaten an older early to mid 90's sport bike. The technology between these and anything made in the past 8ish years is unreal (40-50% more power and 1/3 less weight or more). I just rode my buddies F4I (06 but 1999 technology) and an 2006 600RR back to back today and the RR was crazy fast compared to the F4I and he is -1 in the front sprocket (3.08 - 3.42 in a car) and still no comparo to the RR!

I have been riding a sport bike for 2 years now but have ridden harley's and dirt bikes also, like anyone on 2 wheels we understand the risk but sport bikes are what do it for me. Don't judge until you try it!

I have a Honda 919 (detuned 954rr motor) and it is the slowest of my friends bikes and has run mid 11's with someone my size on it that was a decent rider (240lbs).

ALL 600 sport bikes are in the 10's rock stock with the same rider.

MOST Liter bikes (1000cc's +) will easily be in single digits with same rider and some clutch abuse (as to not be wearing the bike like a hat in the first 200 feet).

That's rock stock! Bolt ons per CID react similar to performance cars so you get the picture.

I can say I have had a mid 1990's Turbo Porsche stay with me to 140ish and then inch away! That was suprising!

I have personally ridden with one of my buddies on his busa...well it's a busa.

And have also ridden with soneone locally with a ZX10R w/ engine work that runs 9.0's on the motor and 8.6's on the bottle, all the while looks stock down to the turn signals (his moneymaker as he puts it..)

My only point, nice win but please don't go picking fights with bikes for 2 reasons: Bike and cars can hurt..bad and unless you are running to 170mph + (aerodynamics) HP to Weight ratio is just not realistically in favor for 98% of cars out there.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by loser187 View Post

I think you might have beaten an older early to mid 90's sport bike. The technology between these and anything made in the past 8ish years is unreal (40-50% more power and 1/3 less weight or more). I just rode my buddies F4I (06 but 1999 technology) and an 2006 600RR back to back today and the RR was crazy fast compared to the F4I and he is -1 in the front sprocket (3.08 - 3.42 in a car) and still no comparo to the RR!

I have been riding a sport bike for 2 years now but have ridden harley's and dirt bikes also, like anyone on 2 wheels we understand the risk but sport bikes are what do it for me. Don't judge until you try it!

I have a Honda 919 (detuned 954rr motor) and it is the slowest of my friends bikes and has run mid 11's with someone my size on it that was a decent rider (240lbs).

MOST Liter bikes (1000cc's +) will easily be in single digits with same rider and some clutch abuse (as to not be wearing the bike like a hat in the first 200 feet).

That's rock stock! Bolt ons per CID react similar to performance cars so you get the picture.

I can say I have had a mid 1990's Turbo Porsche stay with me to 140ish and then inch away! That was suprising!

And have also ridden with soneone locally with a ZX10R w/ engine work that runs 9.0's on the motor and 8.6's on the bottle, all the while looks stock down to the turn signals (his moneymaker as he puts it..)

My only point, nice win but please don't go picking fights with bikes for 2 reasons: Bike and cars can hurt..bad and unless you are running to 170mph + (aerodynamics) HP to Weight ratio is just not realistically in favor for 98% of cars out there.
    why not pick races with bikes or whoever else??? i love being humbled by a liter bike and an exceled rider.....nothing like a high 11 sec car racing a liter bike and he pulls a wheelie next to u mid race......also puts the inexperienced riders in there place as many of those kids are hot heads ...as i think i already stated in this thread ive beaten more 600s than have beaten me and its obviously due to poor riders in most cases........ive never beaten a 1000cc bike to my knowledge....most riders with a bike that size can ride them

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

a win is a win.......cant help what the other guy does

Sebring Silver
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by loser187 View Post

I have a 86 gsxr 1100 wanna give it a try. Also I beat bikes all the time and my car is stock. I raced by brother in laws 08 Ninja 600 and passed him at 150 mph. I think he shit his pants lol. Then we traded and I passed him at 160. Driver has a lot to do with it.
    02 Z28 bone stock 6 speed t top

well said silver Z, if I miss a gear I loose the race and yes I have missed a gear. Nobody is perfect in every race you will %$# up once in a while. unless you drive an auto and I have not see a sport bike with one

orange
    99 z28

that and no offense dude but f4i's are new bikes, fuel injection and aluminum and all, people with older 900's used to beg me to ride it... i gotta call bs on u knowin what you're talkin about loser187 lol

If you arent running 10s or trapping 125+, most crotch rockets will blow right by you.

Silver
    02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by scotthd View Post
    I'm sorry but I dont buy it no way a car can beat a sport bike they were either playin with you or taking it easy becouse they had a passenger..
    I have nailed several liter bikes. My buddies 05 GXR1000 went down to me several times. He can ride and was racing. I enjoy racing bikes and turning thier lil two wheeled worlds upside down.

Thread Information