Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

dead ws6 and notchback

Well i was just out playing and ran into a t/a with headers,exhaust and cai.
    He was cruising around with his buddy in built foxbody notchback mustang with a n/a 347.
    Of course they all start off with the cocky ass revving,which i love to do btw.
    So i tell them to follow to a safe location and let them have it.
    We ran once from a 30 roll, all 3 of us, and I ended up about 2-3 cars ahead of the t/a at about 80 and a few more on the mustang.
    Then we go from dig and pretty much same thing.
    So we end up at a red light and they say lets do it again no bottle this time.
    Fine,im usually a run what you brung kinda guy but i didnt want any crying so i left them at the red light again and had a few cars on them by 80 again.
    I think they both needed tires, but they shouldnt come messing with a guy thats got 4-5 more inches of rubber touching the ground and drag radials at that,what did they expect.

Whats bad is I think they should have had me off the spray but traction is a key issue i guess.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

nice runs-- I really would like to know a list of your modifications. I asked in another post, and all you said was

some bolt ons and 150 shot?

Which bolt ons?

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

slp cai,lca's,torque arm,4.10 gears,nitto 305 d/radials and the magic juice
    there are a few other things like a self ported throttle body and all the free stuff
    if i had to choose the 2 most important it is definitely the tires and spray
    Last edited by dpinson; 04-20-2008 at 03:36 PM.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    nice runs-- I really would like to know a list of your modifications. I asked in another post, and all you said was

some bolt ons and 150 shot?

Which bolt ons?
    sorry didnt mean to cut you short its just most people dont care about the rest
    when you say spray they always are like ohh no wonder
    i had a guy tell me to take my bottle off the other night and i had to get smart and tell him to take off his headers
    but i ended up running him without it and winning due to what i believe was a driver mistake

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    sorry didnt mean to cut you short its just most people dont care about the rest
    when you say spray they always are like ohh no wonder
    i had a guy tell me to take my bottle off the other night and i had to get smart and tell him to take off his headers
    but i ended up running him without it and winning due to what i believe was a driver mistake

It is all good- Any time slips (on bottle and off bottle?)

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

dont have any slips right now and dont know how to post them anyhow
    i have done alot since the last good timeslip,i ran and broke about a month ago so the time obviously sucked
    also i dont mean to be a dick but i really dont like telling all my secrets
    some feel fine laying it all out there but i dont
    if i tell you exactly what i have then you will know exactly how to beat me right

lets just say im in the 7's and hoping for better as soon as i get my new rear end
    you will notice i always say a few car lengths because i dont really want anyone to know how much i beat some of these cars by otherwise they would have a good idea of my cars abilities and i like people to wonder
    Last edited by dpinson; 04-20-2008 at 08:38 PM.

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

lets just say im in the 7's and hoping for better
    7"s..................WOW!

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    7"s..................WOW!
    was that sarcasm i sense
    7 second eighth mile passes is easily attainable for an ls1

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Here at my home track there is 2 camaro's 1 is a ss ls1's and both are running a 100 shot with headers,exhaust and a Stall, Stock rear ends and engine putting down 7.30's and 40's so the 7's is easily done.

one is running a 2500 stall and the other is running a 4000 stall. If you had a stall installed with your list of mods I could see 7.00's to 6.90's for you.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

That notch back weighs 3000lbs and with a 347 if it had a cam and heads should have been a low to mid 12 second car atleast(if he can hook). I ran into a blue 88 notch the otherday at a gas station so i start talking to him, he popped the hood turns out he has a chevy 402 in it with 13 to 1 comp ratio dynoed aroudn 550rwhp with a built stalled auto. I hope i run itno him again when i get my f-body just to see how bad his low 10 second car would rape me lol.
    Last edited by LGT Guru; 04-21-2008 at 07:16 AM.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Here at my home track there is 2 camaro's 1 is a ss ls1's and both are running a 100 shot with headers,exhaust and a Stall, Stock rear ends and engine putting down 7.30's and 40's so the 7's is easily done.

one is running a 2500 stall and the other is running a 4000 stall. If you had a stall installed with your list of mods I could see 7.00's to 6.90's for you.
    no stall due to its a six speed but i have launched it decently a few times and it scares me everytime,all i can think about is scattered parts down the track
    but i ordered the moser 9" today and i am impatiently waiting
    i havent even ever left the line with the spray yet so i expect much better times in the near future

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    That notch back weighs 3000lbs and with a 347 if it had a cam and heads should have been a low to mid 12 second car atleast(if he can hook). I ran into a blue 88 notch the otherday at a gas station so i start talking to him, he popped the hood turns out he has a chevy 402 in it with 13 to 1 comp ratio dynoed aroudn 550rwhp with a built stalled auto. I hope i run itno him again when i get my f-body just to see how bad his low 10 second car would rape me lol.
    i dont have a clue what all he has,he told me a 347 and i know he is n/a, but i dont think he has much done to his suspension and he was on regular street tires

i was worried the first race from a dig,but thats the only way to know is to try right

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

dpinson,
    Do you run at Penwell or did they finally build a new track? Penwell used to be 1/4 mile. I lived in Odessa 20 + years ago,and worked with a guy that ran a 71 Challenger with a 440 6 pack and only run low 13's. Makes you really appreciate an LS1.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Hwystar View Post
    dpinson,
    Do you run at Penwell or did they finally build a new track? Penwell used to be 1/4 mile. I lived in Odessa 20 + years ago,and worked with a guy that ran a 71 Challenger with a 440 6 pack and only run low 13's. Makes you really appreciate an LS1.
    penwell has been closed for the last few years but it is supposed to be open next year
    they did build an 1/8th mile track between odessa and midland

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

penwell has been closed for the last few years but it is supposed to be open next year
    they did build an 1/8th mile track between odessa and midland
    Thats cool, I spent a lot time at Penwell. Seen my first funny car there.

Thread Information