Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: stang gt

white
    L

Last edited by FastLightning; 04-20-2008 at 12:38 PM.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by FastLightning View Post
    I posted links to mid 13 road test for the new GT but it has to be checked by a mod first
    And what's the significance of that? Like said before, Evan Smith wen't 12's in a stock LS1, but how many people are going to do that? Car Craft wen't 13.68 in a stock '93 Z28 but...same thing. Most of those S197's are going high 13's to low 14's bottom line, and it's been proven on the streets (and not some road test) that they are NOT a match for the LS1 F-bodies. So your point is not taken

white
    L

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    And what's the significance of that? Like said before, Evan Smith wen't 12's in a stock LS1, but how many people are going to do that? Car Craft wen't 13.68 in a stock '93 Z28 but...same thing. Most of those S197's are going high 13's to low 14's bottom line, and it's been proven on the streets (and not some road test) that they are NOT a match for the LS1 F-bodies. So your point is not taken
    I never said they were did I I just said they are NOT as slow as some of you guys have the impression they are.

white
    L

after reading a few of these threads I dont think this is the forum for me, there is too much bashing ........and from the terminaor threads a LOT of guys that dont know a damn thing about late model Fords and a lot of B.S. kill stories.

Mod can delete my account.

10's N/A

Now you said, quote:

We've owned you bowtie boys ass's for YEARS
    It's actually the other way around. GM dominated the pony car market since the introduction of the 4th gen (1993-2002). Ford didn't take the plaque until 2003, when the Camaro/Firebird was no longer in production. Now come again please...

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Hey you started it buddy, just read your first post. Not the right way to get the ball rollin' IMO. And I think most of us guys here have a lot of respect for the 03-04 Cobra's, GM guy or not, those cars are damn fast.

10's N/A

I second that!

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

so you dont think that since 03 and the entry of the Terminator Cobra that Ford and the mustang has NOT owned the title of superior performance?????? That was 5 years ago now....... Granted from about 94 up to, 01 or so Ford screwed themselves with the mustang and the 4.6 but before that with the 5.0 Fox the ford product was superior and after about 01 as well. In terms of product performance and SALES ( not to start a fight about WHY the F body went OUT OF production )
    hell no, it took foced induction to barely pull around the ls1 and several thousand more dollars, but oh it is the far superior machine,my ass
    you know why they stopped the production,because they wanted to see if ford could actually do something worth a damn without them in the game,but they didnt in my opinion
    i like the termis but as far as being superior to an ls1, i dont think so ,they may be a little faster but they should be with a charger and the price tag they carried

Red
    2001 ws6

well, the termi's hp/dollar are #1, the ls1 is #2......

silver
    2002 ws6

so you dont think that since 03 and the entry of the Terminator Cobra that Ford and the mustang has NOT owned the title of superior performance?????? That was 5 years ago now....... Granted from about 94 up to, 01 or so Ford screwed themselves with the mustang and the 4.6 but before that with the 5.0 Fox the ford product was superior and after about 01 as well. In terms of product performance and SALES ( not to start a fight about WHY the F body went OUT OF production )
    apples for apples chevy has been handing ford it's ass since the beginning of time do your homework.

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    hell no, it took foced induction to barely pull around the ls1 and several thousand more dollars, but oh it is the far superior machine,my ass
    you know why they stopped the production,because they wanted to see if ford could actually do something worth a damn without them in the game,but they didnt in my opinion
    i like the termis but as far as being superior to an ls1, i dont think so ,they may be a little faster but they should be with a charger and the price tag they carried
    yes yeah

NBM
    98 trans am

i would probably just kill myself if i was as stupid as fastlightning

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    well, the termi's hp/dollar are #1, the ls1 is #2......
    break it down for us so we can all see the insanity that your speaking

Red
    2001 ws6

cant find exactly where it was but heres something for you before i can find it
    http://www.media.holden.com.au/ca/gm..._archives.html

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

wow that guy was a real punk and obviously has no idea what he is talking about YES some maybe fast like the terminators ect BUT one thing will remain the same and never change as far as the mustang goes they are one of the most COMMON cars on the road I would'nt care if they came out with 1000hp factory car I still would'nt want such a common body style and thats my .02

white
    L

Ls1 sucks get over it

10's N/A

Oh but wait, you were considering buying one like two minutes ago...huuum...

white
    L

I mean this site not the car......you guys are haters and heavy pro Ls1/chevy

10's N/A

I mean this site not the car......you guys are haters and heavy pro Ls1/chevy
    What's wrong with being "pro ls1/chevy" on a GM-based site?
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A

white
    L

well nothing is wrong with it I guess, I just didnt expect to run into all this ford bashing that I have read ( BEFORE I posted in here ) ........on SVTP a ford site there is no bashing like this, and there are a ton of Ls1 guys there. Then after doing some investigating of this site it seems that a lot of people feel ls1.com is major heavy pro chevy and anti ford I should have checked on this before I joined, thats my fault. This isint a site for me.....

10's N/A

well nothing is wrong with it I guess, I just didnt expect to run into all this ford bashing that I have read ( BEFORE I posted in here ) ........on SVTP a ford site there is no bashing like this, and there are a ton of Ls1 guys there. Then after doing some investigating of this site it seems that a lot of people feel ls1.com is major heavy pro chevy and anti ford I should have checked on this before I joined, thats my fault. This isint a site for me.....
    On another note......What mods do you have done to your Lightning?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information