Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    that all depends, there are a few 100,000+ mi pullied cobra's running around. The most i've heard so far is 210,000+ miles and that was a few months ago.
    Stock Cobras are only 8 psi
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    Stock Cobras are only 8 psi
    He said "pullied" Cobra.

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

Yeah, I didn't know if you guys knew what they were stock. A lot of them are not pullied. Mine isn't.

10's N/A

Gotcha.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

A friend of ours that works with my mom at her school has a 03 cobra vert. It's pullied with over 90k on the clock and he drives the piss out of it everyday. I also have a friend with a 06 STI with 40k thats been through 3 motors. Guess you can never tell.

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    Hmm, he should have pulled you, with headers, exhaust and a lid i was running 12.7s-12.8s and thats waht a good driver in stock cobra would do but they are trapping 114 or so. Now a vert does have a even mroe of a weight disadvantage so maybe
    Yeah it was " maybe" when I look over and he is right next to me.

10's N/A

Hmm, he should have pulled you, with headers, exhaust and a lid i was running 12.7s-12.8s and thats waht a good driver in stock cobra would do but they are trapping 114 or so. Now a vert does have a even mroe of a weight disadvantage so maybe
    He said it was a vert. Convertible termi's are considerably heavier than a coupe. They normally trap around 109. An LS1 with a few bolt-ons has a much better chance against a termi vert than a hardtop.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Do you actually read all of my posts lol? I said in the one you quoted i said a vert does have more of a weight disadvantage. I think you have a nitrous leak cause you have the attention span of a horny rabbit

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Yes your grandpas 15 second possibly a high 14 second truck can take on a mid 12 second car LOL. With bolt ons it could be a mid 11 second car and with a new Supercharger a low 10 high 9 second car. But you grandpas truck has a 6.0liter so i guess its faster
    Ok asswipe, let me break it down for ya. The trucks more like a high 13 second truck puttin out something like 400 at the fly. From the factory it was rated at almost 370hp and 385torque. Her car is a bone stock termi and I didn't say beat, I say give it a run for its money. Mostly cause I know I'd get her out the hole. Ya know how most people building a high hp engine go with the LQ9? Well thats what the truck has in it, so I wouldn't underestimate it if I were you.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Ok but yours isnt built and unlike a car its in a 5000lbs truck, thats 1300lbs more than a car making more power to the wheels, cobras were underated at 390 at the crank most make 370rwhp stock which is more like 415-420 at the crank. so it makes more hp more trq and is 1300lbs lighter hmmm its gonna be close. That truck stock runs low 15s high 14s so an exhaust and CAI shaved off over 1 second? lol Yes some people do use that engine,i would say all but some. I never said the block isnt a beast, but tis not like they dont change everything else out on a engine build.
    Last edited by LGT Guru; 04-18-2008 at 06:27 AM.

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    He said it was a vert. Convertible termi's are considerably heavier than a coupe. They normally trap around 109. An LS1 with a few bolt-ons has a much better chance against a termi vert than a hardtop.
    The coupe weighs 3,650 and the convertible weighs 3,780.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

And the truck weighs 5280(curb weight), so thats actually 1630lbs lol thats like they say 1 and 1/2 seconds just from the weight. You might get her out of the whole because of rear end gears of the truck and the fact i dont know if this girl can launch but if it were me you might have a bumper on me until about 15mph and then im gone.
    Last edited by LGT Guru; 04-18-2008 at 06:44 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Ok but yours isnt built and unlike a car its in a 5000lbs truck, thats 1300lbs more than a car making more power to the wheels, cobras were underated at 390 at the crank most make 370rwhp stock which is more like 415-420 at the crank. so it makes more hp more trq and is 1300lbs lighter hmmm its gonna be close. That truck stock runs low 15s high 14s so an exhaust and CAI shaved off over 1 second? lol Yes some people do use that engine,i would say all but some. I never said the block isnt a beast, but tis not like they dont change everything else out on a engine build.
    The truck was more like mid 14 second truck stock. With what I mentioned and the few other small mods done to it, its a high 13 second truck. I'm not gonna go back and forth over this, but I know for a fact that the truck would give her termi a run for its money. Maybe hers isn't exactly the fasted around, I dunno. But I do know its the only one I've really seen that was run hard and it wasn't as fast as I would have thought. I do know that I could get her out the hole, and at least keep up with her. Believe me or not. I know I wouldn't win uless it was a really short race, but the truck would give it run for its money. Just the other day me and C5 Vette went at it and we were dead even up to around 75 till we both had to slow down and I had to merge. Neither of us was pulling from the other and the old man was surprised as hell. Yet again, I know your gonna come back with some stupid sarcasm, but its the truth. Got no reason to lie...

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Lol, well i guess its time we sold the f-bodys and got us some silverados you should take the truck to the track i bet you could hit 11s if you tried too ye ole cobra smoker,

Listen i had a high 12 second T/A and i raced all kinds of trucks, hemis diesel, 1500s 2500s, they all did good off the line but by 75mph i would have a good amount of lengths on them. These trucks are alot faster than the trucks of old but they arent c5 killers lol, a c5 with a good driver can do 0-60 in around 5 flat-5.3, the truck was rated at a 6.9 stock 1.9 second just from 0-60 sure you have some mods lets bump that down to 6.5, thats 1.5 seconds just from 0-60. That .4 bump to 6.5 is a probably better than what those mods really did.

Seems to me you wanna race fast cars when there is
    A- a girl driving or B an old man

Shame Shame I know your name
    Last edited by LGT Guru; 04-18-2008 at 07:26 AM.

10's N/A

Do you actually read all of my posts lol? I said in the one you quoted i said a vert does have more of a weight disadvantage. I think you have a nitrous leak cause you have the attention span of a horny rabbit
    Yeah, I gotta go check for that leak...LOL

a c5 with a good driver can do 0-60 in around 5 flat-5.3,
    Uhh, 5-flat-5.3? Try 4.7-4.9 for an M6 Base C5. Heck, M/T wen't 0-60 in 5-flat in a 99 WS6.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

We were from about a 15mph roll since we had just com around a turn and it wasn't a manual for one thing. He had an a4 in it. I'm not gonna argue about it. The truck did hand side by side with the Vette and it'll probably give the stang a run for its money till a certain point, but you think what you want. Its damn near the fasted truck I've ever driven. The only thing fast is my dads Syclone. Its not like I've never driven something fast before. Hell, the Syclone ran a 12.98 and a 1.55 60' with a miss.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I love the Termi, only ford I do (old man would kick my ass if he found out I was typing this) I have raced two. One bone stock, the other had just CAI and Exhaust (cat back). I beat both of them. The stock I beat by about a car and a half (45-110) the modded I beat about by a half car (25-135). Doesn't really help this thread, but I thought I would share my run ins with them. Only 2 so far. There is this one that wants to race me (KB blower, pulley, headers, exhaust, CAI, tires, suspension, and clutch) but he would rape me in the ass without lube so I tend to make myself scarce.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Yeah, I gotta go check for that leak...LOL

Uhh, 5-flat-5.3? Try 4.7-4.9 for an M6 Base C5. Heck, M/T wen't 0-60 in 5-flat in a 99 WS6.

I've pulled a 4.8 in my 2001 T/A with only a cat back and a bit of suspension on 225 winter tires giving a good deal of tire spin. I hope a C5 could do better than that. When the roads get warmer I'll get a 0-60 with summer tires.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I've pulled a 4.8 in my 2001 T/A with only a cat back and a bit of suspension on 225 winter tires giving a good deal of tire spin. I hope a C5 could do better than that. When the roads get warmer I'll get a 0-60 with summer tires.
    You should have no prob. Best pull was 4.4 0-60. That was recorded. If I would have had my 5200 dump I should have pulled minimum 4.0. if not better. And your car looks great, wish I had your rims

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    I plan to mod my car, Im probably gonna end up investing about 15-17K on it (not right now, but building it up)

First im going to do Head and Cam, about 4-5K Truck heads so i can lower the compression I dont care if i loose HP or TQ
    then Im beefing up the bottom end, Dish pistons re-efnforced everything to hopefully wistand up to 15psi around 3-4K
    after that ill do the rear end 9incher of course with 390 or 410's
    then ill bolt on an APS TT kitt 6K

that should come out to 17K but could be less, as my dad's best friend opend up his own shop. Im just playing the waiting game till my car hits 100Kmiles and he gets a hydlaulic lift. then it should cost me waaay less for labor.

I might be commited to invest 20k on it. Im looking for DD reliablilty and aming for about 550-700 HP which i think i can achieve for less than 15k
    I'm doing something similar, but the opposite approach. I've done most of my suspension/chassis and am putting a Moser 9" in soon. Then I'm planning on building a low compression 454 LSX motor, run it like that for awhile and put a twin turbo setup on it. I'm not sure on a HP estimate, but I'm sure it'll be more than enough for me and should be very reliable! I should be spending about the same as you, maybe a bit more.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information