Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    Yeah but it costs alot more to build a who engine then pay for the FI setup and the new rear end you will need blah blah, or you could jsut et a cobra and put a 6k stage 4 supercharger on it, maybe a little ugrade in fuel system, new clutch and your set for a while anyway. I see more cobras making over 600rwhp than i do FI f-bodys, it takes soo much you need a whole new engine to run anykind of real boost. Im tired of boost, between my legacy and supra, im goin with a stroker engine with some spray for my next setup, spray is really the only thing i havent played around with.
    But see, there is a fine line between that. You have a lot of guys like me that are just downright F-body die hards, and don't care how much it costs to get it there - we'll build it! And to many of us, money is not the object - thankfully. I'd rather spend the dough and build a blown SBC, which in return has more potential in the long run, and roll around with 800+rwhp in my F-body - anyday. There is no replacement for displacement bottom line. Lastly, the reason why you see more Cobra's with over 600-rwhp is simply because Ford produced them with forged bottom-end blown setups from the factory. That makes it a lot easier (and cheaper) when you don't have to spend the money on a prepped block.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

No offense, I don't really see all the hype about the Termi's. I know a girl who has one and shes actually a pretty good driver, and its not that fast...I honestly think my grandpaws truck (04 Sierra 6.0L HO with full exhaust and ram air intake)(I'm pretty much the only one who drives it) could definately give it a run for its money. I've seen her nail it in 2nd and it didn't really jump like I thought it would.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

um...terms are usually putting down 360 to the wheels and with about 1k they can be pushing 450-550 to the ground...now what were you saying about the hype??

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Yes your grandpas 15 second possibly a high 14 second truck can take on a mid 12 second car LOL. With bolt ons it could be a mid 11 second car and with a new Supercharger a low 10 high 9 second car. But you grandpas truck has a 6.0liter so i guess its faster

As for you N20LT4- i know what the termis have from factory lol, and why do you think i am buying another Trans Am? My gilfriends cousin offered to sell me his turbo 5.0 which he has 15k invested into for 8grand, if i didnt love GM soo much i would have jumped on a 622rwhp stang. I want a built 355 or 383 wit ha 200 shot, thats what my next project will be. Im selling the supra to my friend and over the next year or 2 i wil lbe building another F-body

No more turbos for me, i dont want anymore headaches for the next couple of years.

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    No offense, I don't really see all the hype about the Termi's. I know a girl who has one and shes actually a pretty good driver, and its not that fast...I honestly think my grandpaws truck (04 Sierra 6.0L HO with full exhaust and ram air intake)(I'm pretty much the only one who drives it) could definately give it a run for its money. I've seen her nail it in 2nd and it didn't really jump like I thought it would.
    Want to race for pinks?
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

10's N/A

As for you N20LT4- i know what the termis have from factory lol, and why do you think i am buying another Trans Am? My gilfriends cousin offered to sell me his turbo 5.0 which he has 15k invested into for 8grand, if i didnt love GM soo much i would have jumped on a 622rwhp stang. I want a built 355 or 383 wit ha 200 shot, thats what my next project will be. Im selling the supra to my friend and over the next year or 2 i wil lbe building another F-body

No more turbos for me, i dont want anymore headaches for the next couple of years.
    Well hurry up then and get your ass back in a F-body LOL

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Im trying my girl is swithing jobs and then i need to sell my car, i wanna make sure i dont loose my place to live first lol

10's N/A

Im trying my girl is swithing jobs and then i need to sell my car, i wanna make sure i dont loose my place to live first lol
    LOL. Don't want to do that. Then you'll be living in your F-body!

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Yes with a girlfriend and child lol and our dog in the hatch

10's N/A

Yes with a girlfriend and child lol and our dog in the hatch
    What a vision!

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Yeah i will grow a mullet while im at it, the baby will have a rat tail and my girlfriend with have her hair in curlers at all times.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

I plan to mod my car, Im probably gonna end up investing about 15-17K on it (not right now, but building it up)

First im going to do Head and Cam, about 4-5K Truck heads so i can lower the compression I dont care if i loose HP or TQ
    then Im beefing up the bottom end, Dish pistons re-efnforced everything to hopefully wistand up to 15psi around 3-4K
    after that ill do the rear end 9incher of course with 390 or 410's
    then ill bolt on an APS TT kitt 6K

that should come out to 17K but could be less, as my dad's best friend opend up his own shop. Im just playing the waiting game till my car hits 100Kmiles and he gets a hydlaulic lift. then it should cost me waaay less for labor.

I might be commited to invest 20k on it. Im looking for DD reliablilty and aming for about 550-700 HP which i think i can achieve for less than 15k

10's N/A

Yeah i will grow a mullet while im at it, the baby will have a rat tail and my girlfriend with have her hair in curlers at all times.
    Then i'll nick name you "Joe Dirt" Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    I plan to mod my car, Im probably gonna end up investing about 15-17K on it (not right now, but building it up)

First im going to do Head and Cam, about 4-5K Truck heads so i can lower the compression I dont care if i loose HP or TQ
    then Im beefing up the bottom end, Dish pistons re-efnforced everything to hopefully wistand up to 15psi around 3-4K
    after that ill do the rear end 9incher of course with 390 or 410's
    then ill bolt on an APS TT kitt 6K

that should come out to 17K but could be less, as my dad's best friend opend up his own shop. Im just playing the waiting game till my car hits 100Kmiles and he gets a hydlaulic lift. then it should cost me waaay less for labor.

I might be commited to invest 20k on it. Im looking for DD reliablilty and aming for about 550-700 HP which i think i can achieve for less than 15k
    If you build the bottom and go twin-turbo, sky is the limit. There won't be much, if anything, you'll have to be concerned about!

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Well i dont know what you consider DD reliability if you are gonna put boost on it, Boost=headache even for cars from the factory once they get high miles boost hurts engines long term, it just does. People say supra engines are bullet proof blah blah i have blown 3 lol. Sure with forged internals and a good setup it can take abuse well and for a long time, but it will eventually break. And you will have minor problems from time to time that will eventually become very annoying when a setup you have spent soo much time and money into keeps having little things go wrong, but most high horsepower setups do that. Im not saying you can get good gas mileage and or some reliability but DD i dont think so. I had triple metal headgasket tightned alot more than stock and i have blown 2 lol. The most boost i ever ran was 24psi on a 3.0liter 6cylinder, and all the times i broke stuff i was only running 21psi.

10's N/A

Well i dont know what you consider DD reliability if you are gonna put boost on it, Boost=headache even for cars from the factory once they get high miles boost hurts engines long term, it just does. People say supra engines are bullet proof blah blah i have blown 3 lol. Sure with forged internals and a good setup it can take abuse well and for a long time, but it will eventually break. And you will have minor problems from time to time that will eventually become very annoying when a setup you have spent soo much time and money into keeps having little things go wrong, but most high horsepower setups do that. Im not saying you can get good gas mileage and or some reliability but DD i dont think so. I had triple metal headgasket tightned alot more than stock and i have blown 2 lol. The most boost i ever ran was 24psi on a 3.0liter 6cylinder, and all the times i broke stuff i was only running 21psi.
    It simply wouldn't be practical.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

im not saying that wouldnt be a badass setup, im just saying dont say DD a 700hp twin turbo ls1 will not have the drivability of a stock one, it wil lbe very streetable yes but not DD

I raced a 03/04 vert Cobra on the 5 s by the airport years ago when I was, lid and catback, 60 to 120 - even race. Now I'de eat one alive.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Hmm, he should have pulled you, with headers, exhaust and a lid i was running 12.7s-12.8s and thats waht a good driver in stock cobra would do but they are trapping 114 or so. Now a vert does have a even mroe of a weight disadvantage so maybe

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

by DD reliability i mean I can take it ou anytime i want and it can get me home with the eengine in one piece. I think a good H/C setup with forged Bottom End and 8-10lbs can last me a good time if I'd drive it properly. of couse im focusing on bottom end power so I wont have to redline it that often.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

that all depends, there are a few 100,000+ mi pullied cobra's running around. The most i've heard so far is 210,000+ miles and that was a few months ago.

12.718 @ 117.47

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information