Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I wouldn't consider a 6MPH trap speed difference "hanging" at all...merely got the jump and ran with it, thats AWD for ya though.
    I know what you mean, but at the strip it's all about getting from the start to finish line. On the street that same 13.5 car would be slooo.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Lol i went a 13.67 at 100mph in an auto. Why would it be any slower on the street, maybe from a roll yes, but from a dig i have taken lt1 cars and even some ls1s who cant drive.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    Lol i went a 13.67 at 100mph in an auto. Why would it be any slower on the street, maybe from a roll yes, but from a dig i have taken lt1 cars and even some ls1s who cant drive.
    By "on the street" I mean from a roll. You wen't 13.67 because of great traction due to AWD. Your 100mph trap is less than what a STOCK LT1 M6 is capable of. From a roll it would be an entirely different story with an LT1 or LS1 car with a decent driver.
    Last edited by N20LT4; 04-17-2008 at 09:23 AM.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

I said from a roll yes it would win, i did take a 350z from a roll the other day which thought would have been closer but i got him by about 2 cars. From a dig i beat thsoe by about 7 lol

10's N/A

I said from a roll yes it would win, i did take a 350z from a roll the other day which thought would have been closer but i got him by about 2 cars. From a dig i beat thsoe by about 7 lol
    It's funny because when those 350Z's were first introduced, the magazine's had them going high 13's around 100. The best I saw was in Motor Trend when they took a stock '05 Track Edition to 13.77@101. I've never seen a bone-stock 350 run at the track, but have seen a couple on the street and they seem slower than that. Maybe it's the drivers?

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

The cars are little tricky to get things just right, it has IRS, i used to be able to slam my T/A into 2nd with 364rtq and yes is squeel the tires a little but with my friedns 350z with only 270trq which is like 230 at the wheels it would hop for a little bit and you would loose alot of time right there. With 130 less trq and hp if would spin the tires harder aand longer than my t/A did

10's N/A

The cars are little tricky to get things just right, it has IRS, i used to be able to slam my T/A into 2nd with 364rtq and yes is squeel the tires a little but with my friedns 350z with only 270trq which is like 230 at the wheels it would hop for a little bit and you would loose alot of time right there. With 130 less trq and hp if would spin the tires harder aand longer than my t/A did
    Longer, but NOT harder lol

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

I know my buddy wont be launching the wrx hard cus he knows its a ticking time bomb. How do you guys think ill do from a roll maybe 20mph and 50-60mph? Im pretty confident ill beat him im just curious what you guys have run into.

My friend picked up his evo 8 today and my other buddy is getting his wrx saturday.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    I know my buddy wont be launching the wrx hard cus he knows its a ticking time bomb. How do you guys think ill do from a roll maybe 20mph and 50-60mph? Im pretty confident ill beat him im just curious what you guys have run into.

My friend picked up his evo 8 today and my other buddy is getting his wrx saturday.
    From a roll?? No competition, you will whoop his ass.

10's N/A

You'll murder him.

SOM
    99 Trans Am

hahah thats pretty much what ive been thinking. Ill be sure to try and get the races on tape, were gonna have a photoshoot too so ill be posting the pics and stuff.

Now if i could only have my car back, its been at the body shop for almost 2 weeks

oh and for the supercharged stang, how much hp does he have to be pushing to run mid 12s? Its the shitty 4.6..

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    You will take them all if you can drive, the Evo is going to give you a good run considering your stock. Be a man and race them all from a dig roll races suck IMO.
    yup. lunching is half the battle. no launch, no real race.
    If he launches, you win. That WRX trans will be all over the road in a split second with 287WHP going through it. Guys blow those transmissions all the time at with stock engines, with the extra power it will simply explode. Complete garbage.
    yup. subaru sucks.

silver
    2002 ws6

the fartherthe race the better you'll do. those cars have no legs

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    yup. lunching is half the battle. no launch, no real race.

yup. subaru sucks.
    Lol well you can say what you want we all know i love the Trans am more than any other car but my subaru ran a 13.67 and has gone through 18 inchs of snow. The car did what i needed it to do, get me through a 100+inch winter and still be fun. I am selling it though lol not because it wasnt a good car.

10's N/A

Lol well you can say what you want we all know i love the Trans am more than any other car but my subaru ran a 13.67 and has gone through 18 inchs of snow. The car did what i needed it to do, get me through a 100+inch winter and still be fun. I am selling it though lol not because it wasnt a good car.
    Key point: your selling it!

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

I wouldn't consider a 6MPH trap speed difference "hanging" at all...merely got the jump and ran with it, thats AWD for ya though.
    True-- but people rarely race for more than 0-100mph or so. So in most street races I would say they can hang (if you launched like crap like I did)

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Well he got his car yesterday amd ill be completely honest, i think its a really nice car and i like it a lot actually. The interior is really comfortable and doesnt look cheap at all, a lot better than ours haha. When he got on it, that thing pulled a lot harder than i thought it would, i didnt expect to actually be but back in my seat that hard when full boost hit, 16lbs. Hes got a switch to change between 16 and 19lbs. It completely changes his maps and stuff, its pretty neat, like 2 completely different tunes. But he absolutely cannot nail a hard shift for the life of him, he lets the rpms drop soooo much before getting back into it. I drove around with him for 5 hours last night trying to teach him and he is starting to catch on and nailed a few good ones but has a long way to go haha. Im driving it today so ill really see what it can do. I still think im gonna pull away from him pretty good when we race.

Oh and as for the evo, my friend picked it up, was driving home(just cruising) and the transmission seized. Needless to say, he took the car straight back to the dealer demanded his old car back and left that piece of shit evo there for them to deal with. He later found out they sold the car to him full well knowing it needed 9000 dollars worth of work. He bought the car for 16k over 60months, when he left they changed it to 72 months for a grand total of 32k, shitty huh?
    Last edited by Ryans99LS1; 04-20-2008 at 09:59 AM.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Oh and as for the evo, my friend picked it up, was driving home(just cruising) and the transmission seized. Needless to say, he took the car straight back to the dealer demanded his old car back and left that piece of shit evo there for them to deal with. He later found out they sold the car to him full well knowing it needed 9000 dollars worth of work. He bought the car for 16k over 60months, when he left they changed it to 72 months for a grand total of 32k, shitty huh?

I would absolutely never deal with that dealership again.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

A used Evo that doesn't need work is a rare case. Those cars don't hold up worth a shit, the dealer should have either fixed the car (very expensive) or just parted the piece of shit out on eBay.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

If you think the WRX interior is nice you should look at a legacy, one of the reasons i didnt get a WRX was because i thought the interior looked cheap and child like.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information