Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Old kill story: bolt-on C5 vs. '91 fox-body

This is actually a response to the "stupid corvette driver" thread, but it is a kill story so I thought I'd post it.

Here's a story about me in my "younger" days. I was fresh out of the academy with a bit of a chip on my shoulder. I don't really do this kinda stuff any more. Don't typically get the opportunity, and I try not to get into pissing contests anymore, but it's kinda entertaining, so here ya go:

At my local hangout night scene in columbus, GA I was chatting up a couple of my friends about how everyone wants to race me in the '92 Honda Accord that I had. You see, the exhaust pipe right in front of the muffler rusted through, and I don't believe in spending unnecessary money on a POS beater so I just drove it to work at back. Obviously, the car is awkwardly loud and possibly sounds a little bit racey (ricey if you prefer). So naturally, I get everyone thinking that I've done some type of exhaust modification and anyone with a faster car feels they need to demonstrate their fastness. LOL

Fortunately, my mustang was under the knife in my garage that weekend and I had to drive that honda to the spot that night. I say "fortunately" because no sooner than I tell the story to my buddies does a new guy in a C5 corvette roll into the parking lot. He sorta meanders over to the group and hears me tell a story or two about jackasses that I've actually beaten in my beater. Suddenly, he chimes in with some smartass joke about honda and clearly indicates how he thinks I'm a ricer. None of my friends tell him, but I can see them all snickering because they know me. I admit that it probably wasn't fair to set him up, but I couldn't resist: "Does that corvette have any balls?" "A hell of a lot more than your pathetic peice of shit." "Don't be so sure." everybody's giggling. He says, "I wouldn't even waste my time." I say, "it's a little late anyway. Maybe next weeked". We shift the subject and start chatting about other things.

The next weekend, I park my mustang kinda out of the spotlight, and sure as shit, he's already out there chatting some people up. I walk around talking to a couple of groups of people and when he spots me, he blatently calls me out, "Hey ricer go somewhere else." So I'm a little irritated and call back, "You might wanna settle down before you get embarrassed in front of everyone." "Embarrassed by what, you? hahhaha" "Yeah, this is gonna be pretty funny! What are you waiting for. I'll follow you out." He immediately jumps up, shows me his keys and jumps in his car. So naturally, about 5-6 other cars follow us out to a secluded strip of highway. I let my friends stay between him and I. When we finally get out there, he stops on the side of the road, and gets out. I pull up right behind him and stop. He gets out and says, "What the fuck is this?" "It's my car, and you've been talking a lot of shit to back down now." "Well what's done to it?" "A hell of a lot more than you've done to your pathetic POS. Do you remember saying that to me? But, don't worry I've got all the time in the world to 'waste' on you."

I think that the guy had a couple of minor bolt-ons. I had two incon turbos and one or two other goodies under the hood (heads, intake, bolt-ons), but he still didn't know that. My friends were bugging the shit out of him now snickering and laughing at him....goading him so that he wouldn't back down. To his credit, he did not and said something like, "alright I'll race your f-in mustang." Unfortunately, he was a lamb to the slaughter. We ran from a stop, and I wasn't nice. We went - or at least I did - to about 120 or so. He was buslengths behind.

Back then, it wasn't "in" to have turbos. Now it seems like they're the fad. So after the race when he asked me what the hell that sound was, I said "rice," smiled, and left with my friends to a different hangout spot.

Immature, cocky, and all that stuff. Hopefully, I've become a little wiser, but I admit I still look back on that story fondly.

Chris

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnndddd...nobody cares! awesome

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Its cause its a story where the mustang wins silly

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

lol nice kill man. Especially for a ricer

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

I liked the story, very well spoken.....nice kill!!......hahahahha
    Brad

2000 Corvette

Aww, I thought this was going to be similar to my story... Where the Vette wins.

A friend with a 5.0 ran into a guy with the same car but with gears, spray and who knows what else. He wanted to show him the performance difference and I wanted to see the car run so I followed him in my Vette (bolt ons and cam at the time). He hit it once in front of me and then we turned to go back and he stopped. Naturally I stopped next to him and my friend said to me 'give him a run'. I was hesitant but finally gave in and said ok whenever thinking he was going to honk it off. He launched hard (no honks) and caught me by suprise but by third I reeled him in and in fourth I was waaaay ahead. When we got back he said he was spraying the whole time (75 shot I think).

Now he has a built motor with more spray and I have seen him go 11.0s, I ain't ready for that-yet....

10's N/A

The last fox-body I raced was a 323 stroker LX C4-auto, tha ran a best of 10.83@122. Pretty good friend of mine. I beat him 3 out of 3 from a roll, by about three cars each run.
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A

Thread Information