Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Silver
    04 Cobra

Good kill man, just becareful one day you will run across one that will impress u!!!
    04 Cobra
    634.4rwhp 647.8rwtq
    Yea I own a Cobra now, so what!!

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Probably one of the worst "kill" stories I have ever read. Wow you should feel awesome that you raced a cobra that couldn't drive for shit. Like anyone on here is really going to come down and ask your friends about what happened. Pretty sure no one gives two fucks if your lieing or telling the truth. You call that a race at 55? Wow don't hurt yourself there kid.

Black
    2001 Trans am

Nice run man!
    No matter what anyone else says it's impressive that you kept up with one to 55 their quick out of the hole

silver
    2004 gto

1-2 55mph 2-3rd at 84mph 3.46 gear your numbers seem off/slow compared to my gto 8.54 with a carseat.lol

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    stock automatic camaros are dogs. dogs. not going to hang with a six speed camaro, no matter the year.
    i have an a4 98 T/a... when i was stock i beat numerous six speeds.. of all different years from 98-02... some by a nose... some by 2-3 lengths.. only lost to one.. it was a good friend.. and only lost to him once, it was by a nose and i was catching back up, i had traction issues.. in all i raced probably 15 six speed ls1s, a mixture of racing at the track, on the street from a dig and from low and high rolls.. so it wasnt driver error in every single one.. some maybe.. but not all..

you can bring your six speed over here.. ill show you how much of a dog this a4 is...

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Lol what did you run in the quarter mile, thats the only way to really tell whats faster. My 6 speed could run 12.8s with headers exhaust and a intake, and i never ran it after the tune but i could tell the car was way more alive, so atleast 12.6s-12.7s. On street tires

Sebring Silver
    2000 Z28

alright I havent posted here in a while, so i figure this is a good place to start again, but for all you guys saying 55 isnt a race, you may be right, but 0-60 is one of the best selling points of a sports car, and guess which of the two cars made it there faster? dont hate on the kid because it was a short race (which he could not have gone further with), be happy for him because he kicked the ass of our rival's car, bad driver or not.
    2000 Silver Z28 w/ Sports Appearance Package, P&P TB, FTRA, Direct Flow Lid, Pace Setter LT's, ORY, Flowmaster 80, TCI 3000 Stall, Trans Go Shift Kit, Computer Tune, Richmond 3.73's, Bilstein suspension, Edelbrock torque arm, UMI Suspension bars, drilled and slotted rotors.

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

Quote Originally Posted by fwellingtonfiii View Post
    alright I havent posted here in a while, so i figure this is a good place to start again, but for all you guys saying 55 isnt a race, you may be right, but 0-60 is one of the best selling points of a sports car, and guess which of the two cars made it there faster? dont hate on the kid because it was a short race (which he could not have gone further with), be happy for him because he kicked the ass of our rival's car, bad driver or not.
    Bad driver
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Yep, a 400hp car vs a 350hp car with 4 people in it, thats a 4000lbs camaro lol. Also yours was auto and in a roll race the cobra should have had an advantage thanks to that. But you won and thats all that counts.

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

Well if the gears in his car are as aggressive as he says he very well could have pulled on a cobra to 55. Top end though ya he would have lost.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post

ummmm soo racing to 55 is queer? and imistook it for merging into traffic? then how come we were stopped at a stoplight and he launched immediately.
    what was i supposed to do? go to 100 and hit cars at the light in front of me? he turned off immediately so i couldnt follow him.
    so idk what ur suggesting that i shoudla done. i took him off the line, to a bad speed for him, soooo what. im not sayin i woulda won, im sayin i was proud of my car for doin that.
    im sure you "took him off the line" in an automatic with 4 people in the car. even if you had the jump (and thats a huge if), he would of caught and put lengths on you because, lets face it, stock auto ss versus a stock cobra.....think about it alittle more and then try to rationalize what you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    way to be a dick!! racing to 55 queer? what the hell would you do if you had a light in front of you that was red. shit i have screwed with people in just 1st gear. also, good call on how he made it up considering you were not there, anything can happen on the street, anything. ps. when you win a race its "won" not "one". that is actually a number
    anything can happen on the street??? ok vin. for starters, he said he had 4 people in his STOCK AUTOMATIC SS. i would think that if you were on this website and called yourself a car enthusiast that this statement alone would raise a red flag. you mess with people in first gear.....and that proves what? you werent there either slick, so good call in showing how naive it is to automatically believe bs posted on a website, especially if, when thought over, you would surely conclude there is some fishiness to it.

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Totally inappropriate post, and in my opinion, makes YOU look like the idiot. I've seen countless automatic cars "out drive" 6-speeds. Amazing how idiotic and naive some can be.
    stock automatic ls1 vs stock 6 speed. set it up and we will see. find me someone with a bone stock auto and i will wipe my ass with them. and since we arent talking about drag racing, the argument that "autos are more consistent at the track" is a worthless one. out drive??? what is it exactly that you have to do to drive a stock car again? put your foot down. real tough. stock for stock, it isnt happening. and a stock automatic ss with 4 people in the car beating a COBRA (you know, the supercharged one..) to 55 miles an hour...ok.

this is a forum people. everyone has the right to believe or disbelieve your statements. i didnt call the kid names or tell him he was queer, i just dont believe what he said. if you agree with everything everyone says you are either A. a butt boy or B. a mindless twit who cant think FOR THEMSELVES.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    i have an a4 98 T/a... when i was stock i beat numerous six speeds.. of all different years from 98-02... some by a nose... some by 2-3 lengths.. only lost to one.. it was a good friend.. and only lost to him once, it was by a nose and i was catching back up, i had traction issues.. in all i raced probably 15 six speed ls1s, a mixture of racing at the track, on the street from a dig and from low and high rolls.. so it wasnt driver error in every single one.. some maybe.. but not all..

you can bring your six speed over here.. ill show you how much of a dog this a4 is...
    i would be glad to back up my boasting.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Second gear scratchs car does run pretty hard if memory serves me correctly, as for what you say there are alot of things to factor in, chances are heres what happened the cobra wasnt in the right gear when the race happended. I have seen a bone stock auto ls1 run a 13.23 before, thats faster than i have seen alot of kids get there m6s to go even with bolt ons. Generally is a m6 faster if the driver can drive it, yes but some autos will suprise you.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

I cant stand those people that go "OHH I GOT A 6SPEED I'M GOD AND FASTER THAN ANY AUTOMATIC BLAH BLAH" "YOU DONT HAVE A REAL F-BODY UNLESS ITS 6 SPEED BLAH BLAH" thats all trash in my opinion they both have their advantages and they are both definatly fast

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

im sure you "took him off the line" in an automatic with 4 people in the car. even if you had the jump (and thats a huge if), he would of caught and put lengths on you because, lets face it, stock auto ss versus a stock cobra.....think about it alittle more and then try to rationalize what you posted.
    think about it? theres nothing to think about. it happened, and i saw it. he even had the jump. blame it on a bad driver, a bad launch, i dont care, he was pissed cuz he lost a short sprint to a car that should be slower than his

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

and id still like to know what gears i have if i redline at 30 in 1st and 70 in second. ive still hit 155 in the car, sooo it cant be 4.10s could it?

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by stangereater View Post
    Good kill man, just becareful one day you will run across one that will impress u!!!
    im sure i will lol. but as for now, i pissed off a guy in a termi (no offense, since u drive a termi, but it felt good hah)

10's N/A

stock automatic ls1 vs stock 6 speed. set it up and we will see. find me someone with a bone stock auto and i will wipe my ass with them.
    Sorry to tell you, but I know of not one peron who's LS1 auto is still STOCK. My brothers '98 A4 produces over 700-rear-wheel, and everyone else is...well...NOT STOCK.

Sorry I couldn't be of any assistance

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

That sounds like 3,73s to me, or the most likely thing is that your speedo is off

Silver
    02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    what an idiot, how often do you go out?
    Not often enough. My car keeps needing one thing or the other. Do you hang out at Sonic?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information