!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

what do u auto guys redline at?

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    really? hmmm
    i got an automatic
    1st gear redlines at 30mph, 2nd at 70mph, and idk about third, i havent paid attention

maybe its cuz i got an ss, so the 3.42 rearend?
    you've got either 2.73's or 3.23's. M6 had 3.42's.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

1st gear ends at 30 for me, 2nd ends at 70, sooo its like my peak power range in 2nd gear... i wish i woulda kept goin till at least end of second gear to see what woulda happened
    1st gear in the cobra ends at 52 mph.

12.718 @ 117.47

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

really? hmmm
    i got an automatic
    1st gear redlines at 30mph, 2nd at 70mph, and idk about third, i havent paid attention

maybe its cuz i got an ss, so the 3.42 rearend?
    lol no.. i got 3.23s.. i drop down into first at like 28... redline is much higher.. even with 4.10s you should redline in first above 30.. you need to pay more attention.. hehe but at least your watching the road..

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

if you have an ss you have 3.23s im pretty sure.. you should redline around 50 i think.. i know second is like 90..

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

good kill, always good to hear when a cocky mustang owner gets beat down, especially while his old lady witnesses it. you should have taken her back to your house though not his. lol

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

It's all good, brother. Sorry for being a dick. Feeling a little bitter about things lately. I'll be coming home in a month and a half for a little R&R. Think I need the break.

Chris

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

You know what i hear helps with stress, the joy of giving. So please give me your vette, and thanks ahead of time.

I know you will make the right choice-i will have sex wwith you for a vette

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

hmmm i wonder what gears i have in back then... cuz i know for a fact, that 1st ends exactly at 30mph and 2nd at exactly 70mph... hmmm i wonder how much faster my car is then with these gears, if it is...?

NBM
    98 trans am

you should take a video of you flooring it and keeping it on the speedo and rpm guage =D

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

4:30 gears maybe?

RED
    2000 Camaro SS

55, that's not a race. I would hit that before the end of 2nd gear. Cobra's really pull up top. easy to take one off the line.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

probably 4.56s, but in OD while you are cruising down the highway you'd be pulling 3000+rpms and it would be very noticeable. What is your rpms in 3rd gear(D) at 60?? What size of rear tires do you have? Tell me these and we can figure your gear ratio out preety quickly.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Good kill. 0-60 is where it's at on the street at least around here where there's not alot of open road. Stop light racing is quick and dirty and usually over before anyone even notices. It's the best way to race if you ask me. Get him out the hole, playing catch up is never fun even when you know your car is faster.

Also, Iv'e seen those Cobra's run low 12's bone stock at the track (I remember watching them run when they were new). Iv'e also seen them run low 14's and mid 13's trapping over 116MPH in the 1/4. Sometimes, it's a drivers race. Chaulk it up, you got to hang with one on the street.
    2002 SS M6 Convertible

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

so let me get this straight. you have witnesses attesting to you hanging with an 03 cobra 6 speed with 4 bodies in an ss camaro that is in fact, an automatic up to 55 mph. is this right?

well, i for one, would like to say, from the bottom of my heart, that this thread, and this claim, is a load of crap.

why on earth would you feel the need to twist a story like this, and furthermore, why would you think everyone would be stupid enough to believe it. how can anyone validate this, not that anyone wants to....
    racing to 55 mph is, for lack of a better term, queer. what most likely happened is that you mistook his merging onto the highway for a race and you hit it and you magically one. he may have one hundred pounds on you, but unless you squeezed a large amount of horsepower from some unknown area, this didnt happen like you "witnessed" it.

stock automatic camaros are dogs. dogs. not going to hang with a six speed camaro, no matter the year. certainly not going to hang with a cobra of the supercharged fashion, and certainly not with half the high school riding shot gun.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    so let me get this straight. you have witnesses attesting to you hanging with an 03 cobra 6 speed with 4 bodies in an ss camaro that is in fact, an automatic up to 55 mph. is this right?

well, i for one, would like to say, from the bottom of my heart, that this thread, and this claim, is a load of crap.

why on earth would you feel the need to twist a story like this, and furthermore, why would you think everyone would be stupid enough to believe it. how can anyone validate this, not that anyone wants to....
    racing to 55 mph is, for lack of a better term, queer. what most likely happened is that you mistook his merging onto the highway for a race and you hit it and you magically one. he may have one hundred pounds on you, but unless you squeezed a large amount of horsepower from some unknown area, this didnt happen like you "witnessed" it.

stock automatic camaros are dogs. dogs. not going to hang with a six speed camaro, no matter the year. certainly not going to hang with a cobra of the supercharged fashion, and certainly not with half the high school riding shot gun.

Tell us how you really feel bro!

Secondgear, I pm'd you back on LS1tech. I didnt tell you I bought another SS, you have pics there.

Jason
    Last edited by JayplaySS2; 04-09-2008 at 04:00 PM.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

ummmm soo racing to 55 is queer? and imistook it for merging into traffic? then how come we were stopped at a stoplight and he launched immediately.
    what was i supposed to do? go to 100 and hit cars at the light in front of me? he turned off immediately so i couldnt follow him.
    so idk what ur suggesting that i shoudla done. i took him off the line, to a bad speed for him, soooo what. im not sayin i woulda won, im sayin i was proud of my car for doin that.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

way to be a dick!! racing to 55 queer? what the hell would you do if you had a light in front of you that was red. shit i have screwed with people in just 1st gear. also, good call on how he made it up considering you were not there, anything can happen on the street, anything.

ps. when you win a race its "won" not "one". that is actually a number

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

BTW good run AT!

10's N/A

Totally inappropriate post, and in my opinion, makes YOU look like the idiot. I've seen countless automatic cars "out drive" 6-speeds. Amazing how idiotic and naive some can be.
    Last edited by N20LT4; 04-09-2008 at 05:33 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information