Thread: Gt-r

Gt-r

So I know this isn't exactly NEWS but the GT-R dyno'd over 400whp on a Dynojet (industry standard)--as well as your run-of-the mill dynapacks and mustangs--right here in sunny socal at K&N Engineering. Will the haters all come out and chime in now

Wesman and Sleeper101, I expect a "discussion" very soon...

I for one finally hope Nissan can get the respect it deserves from you folks. I know several other domestic forums are finally seeing the light.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._analysis.html

And note that the 430whp runs are in 4th (not 1:1 ratio)!!! True wheel horsepower numbers cannot be realized on a dyno given the tall gearing. No wonder why it "spanked" the 977 turbo and z06 around the track...

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Ah ha! I knew that road and track thing in the other thread sounded sketchy. Now I really don't think this out performed the new Z06 or ZR1.

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    Ah ha! I knew that road and track thing in the other thread sounded sketchy. Now I really don't think this out performed the new Z06 or ZR1.
    What? The power is underrated buddy...

Dynojet (industry standard) at K&N Engineering... Outstanding numbers have been achieved on your run-of-the mill mustang and dynapack machines as well.

Those are 4th gear runs (not 1:1). 5th is fairly tall but would theoretically produce better numbers. So given the typical drivetrain loss of AWD, we're looking at a beast of a car...

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

Meh. Too heavy and ugly IMO. I've always had a soft spot for the R33s, but I just don't like the GT-R. I'm sure it will be a beast, but not my thing. The performance reports are all over the map, so it would be refreshing to see a real unbiased source wring out a new GT-R...

black
    1993 mustang

the new gt-r is the bomb! 0-60 in low 3's 11's out of box! only problem is u cannot do any changes whatsoever, nissan will void your warranty. even if u put different wheels on it the computer will throw up an error code!

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by joebangaa View Post
    What? The power is underrated buddy...

Dynojet (industry standard) at K&N Engineering... Outstanding numbers have been achieved on your run-of-the mill mustang and dynapack machines as well.

Those are 4th gear runs (not 1:1). 5th is fairly tall but would theoretically produce better numbers. So given the typical drivetrain loss of AWD, we're looking at a beast of a car...
    as i stated during my hating the ONLY explaination for the numbers its put down to date is GROSS underratting by nissan....is this car going to be rated for its CORRECT hp when sold in the us??? arnt manufactures required to advertise exact hp ratings now? as the rsx-s is rated at 197hp instead of the previously claimed 210 by honda

black
    07 z06

Quote Originally Posted by joebangaa View Post
    So I know this isn't exactly NEWS but the GT-R dyno'd over 400whp on a Dynojet (industry standard)--as well as your run-of-the mill dynapacks and mustangs--right here in sunny socal at K&N Engineering. Will the haters all come out and chime in now

Wesman and Sleeper101, I expect a "discussion" very soon...

I for one finally hope Nissan can get the respect it deserves from you folks. I know several other domestic forums are finally seeing the light.
    k/n eng. dyno huh .arent they the people scammin their airfilters ? 40hp plus ?yea right here

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

When The GT-R and The new Zo6 get off the Dyno and Actually decide to run some track numbers then it will be a better discussion. Either way I like both cars. The Skyline is priced around 90k and the vette expected over 100k. I will never own either. But Ill see them on the street and show them both wat my 25k car can do

Thread Information