Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

Pure Intimidation - Ford Focus SVT

OK, before you accuse me of deliberatly picking on someone driving a weenie car that would be completely outmatched by an average driver of a stock Camaro, this was purely coincidence.

On my way from the gym to work, there's a "metered" on-ramp. For those of you not familiar, this is an on-ramp with a stop light that forces cars to merge onto the freeway 1 (in this case 2) at a time rather than have 12 cars try to musle into a packed freeway lane.

Anyway, this particular on-ramp (West bound I-94 at HWY 18) lets 2 cars line up side by side and give simultaneous green lights. There's a good 800 to 1000ft before you merge into 1 lane and another 500 to 600ft before the single lane merges onto the freeway.

One fine Monday morning, I happened to notice a newer Focus SVT - Bright Yellow - Stickers everywhere - trashcan muffler - wing - lowered - No profile tires - limo tinted windows - Basically right out of some import car magazine. Funny thing is that he had been making good use of his lawnmower sounding exhaust until about the moment he realized that he'd be lined up against my 1999 Camaro Z28 (nothing fancy - typical intake bolt-ons and SLP Loudmouth). Then things got quiet. He even seemed to slouch in his seat a bit.

My plan wasn't to spank him too bad, but I could tell something was up. Sure enough, the cars in front of us took off and he kept right on the bumper of the guy in front of him and he ran the red light of the on-ramp.

Seems like he knew he'd get spanked and just wasn't going to face the humilation of it. I waited for my green light and laughed it up for the rest of the day.

Black
    1995 Firebird

I would say its safe to put 1 on the win side for you... technically that is a forfit. Giving SVT a good name one puss at a time.... What's funny is he probably went back to his "crib" and told his buddies how he smoked a new Z28.

The VCBoiz

Pewter SS

I remember when I was a silly ricer driving an Eclipse. Thank god I saw the light.

Red
    '85 GT

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm45
    I would say its safe to put 1 on the win side for you... technically that is a forfit. Giving SVT a good name one puss at a time.... What's funny is he probably went back to his "crib" and told his buddies how he smoked a new Z28.

Oh yeah, they're making '06 Z28's???

haha

Black
    1995 Firebird

Well in the ricer world they know new and old muscle cars. They dont know what 3rd and 4th gen mean. Plus, to his buddies, it would sound better. Can't wait till they do come out with the new Camaro though... that will be a beautiful day........

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMYZ
    OK, before you accuse me of deliberatly picking on someone driving a weenie car that would be completely outmatched by an average driver of a stock Camaro, this was purely coincidence.

On my way from the gym to work, there's a "metered" on-ramp. For those of you not familiar, this is an on-ramp with a stop light that forces cars to merge onto the freeway 1 (in this case 2) at a time rather than have 12 cars try to musle into a packed freeway lane.

Anyway, this particular on-ramp (West bound I-94 at HWY 18) lets 2 cars line up side by side and give simultaneous green lights. There's a good 800 to 1000ft before you merge into 1 lane and another 500 to 600ft before the single lane merges onto the freeway.

One fine Monday morning, I happened to notice a newer Focus SVT - Bright Yellow - Stickers everywhere - trashcan muffler - wing - lowered - No profile tires - limo tinted windows - Basically right out of some import car magazine. Funny thing is that he had been making good use of his lawnmower sounding exhaust until about the moment he realized that he'd be lined up against my 1999 Camaro Z28 (nothing fancy - typical intake bolt-ons and SLP Loudmouth). Then things got quiet. He even seemed to slouch in his seat a bit.

My plan wasn't to spank him too bad, but I could tell something was up. Sure enough, the cars in front of us took off and he kept right on the bumper of the guy in front of him and he ran the red light of the on-ramp.

Seems like he knew he'd get spanked and just wasn't going to face the humilation of it. I waited for my green light and laughed it up for the rest of the day.

A GTO or Z06 would have killed it.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado2000LS1
    A GTO or Z06 would have killed it.
    What? Are you saying he wouldn't?

CookieMonster
    those cars handle insanely well, but I think they run high 16s in the 1/4 stock! LOL!

Thread Information