Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

White
    2002 Camaro SS

Hate is such a strong word.

If you are running around in your LS1 vehicle (mostly stock with bolt ons) thinking you are hot snot on a silver platter, you could be in for some disapointment; in fact you could just be cold boogers on a paper plate.
    I own both cars so I can speak from experience. You can hate all you want but you're going to get spanked sometimes unless you mod up. I know I did. When I'm in the SS, there aren't alot of cars that can hang and certainly no compact cars at least around here. When I'm in the SRT-4 I beat most stock or near-stock v8 cars (297whp/348wtq @ 2860lbs). Now it's not stock, but I can't stand to drive a slow car...
    2002 Camaro SS STS T67 turbo

2003 SRT-4 some mods

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    MY GOD! This thread is so filled with hate it makes me wonder if I should find a new place to hang out. It's funny, I think others of equal ignorance would say they same things about you in your F-bodies. Seriously, the world would be a better place if people like you would get over themselves. Whatever happened to giving somebody props for having an impressive car?

Quit acting like you're better than people driving hondas because you drive an F-body. You have to give respect to get it, and treating people like shit will only get shit from them in return. If someone wants to mod a civic and make it fast, it isn't my cup of tea, but I'll show them respect for it. Or if I think that it's really tasteless I'll keep my big mouth shut. It's not that hard to do. Different strokes for different folks.

To the OP: Race him, and whether you win or lose show him some class and tell him he's got a car worthy of respect. Who knows, you might even make a friend and/or learn something.

Just me....

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    Probably the worst reply to this whole thread.

Crybabies need not apply on LS1.COM.
    AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by enginjoe View Post
    Hate is such a strong word.

If you are running around in your LS1 vehicle (mostly stock with bolt ons) thinking you are hot snot on a silver platter, you could be in for some disapointment; in fact you could just be cold boogers on a paper plate.
    I own both cars so I can speak from experience. You can hate all you want but you're going to get spanked sometimes unless you mod up. I know I did. When I'm in the SS, there aren't alot of cars that can hang and certainly no compact cars at least around here. When I'm in the SRT-4 I beat most stock or near-stock v8 cars (297whp/348wtq @ 2860lbs). Now it's not stock, but I can't stand to drive a slow car...
    Sounds like my setup..lol(291WHP 343TRQ)

FUGLY CBR1000RR rider.com

Black n Black
    04 Dodge Ram 07 CBR1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by Kjz99z28 View Post
    +10000000

You may not like his car, but if he's put time/money into it and it's done the right way (..not duct tape, spray paint, and coffee cans...) then it does deserve some respect.

Sure, at the end of the day it's still a Neon, and you may not like them (I don't either) but give the guy a break.. he's into cars, and doesn't seem completely ignorant. Which is a nice change of pace
    MY GOD! This thread is so filled with hate it makes me wonder if I should find a new place to hang out. It's funny, I think others of equal ignorance would say they same things about you in your F-bodies. Seriously, the world would be a better place if people like you would get over themselves. Whatever happened to giving somebody props for having an impressive car?

Quit acting like you're better than people driving hondas because you drive an F-body. You have to give respect to get it, and treating people like shit will only get shit from them in return. If someone wants to mod a civic and make it fast, it isn't my cup of tea, but I'll show them respect for it. Or if I think that it's really tasteless I'll keep my big mouth shut. It's not that hard to do. Different strokes for different folks.

To the OP: Race him, and whether you win or lose show him some class and tell him he's got a car worthy of respect. Who knows, you might even make a friend and/or learn something.

Just me....

Chris

They all call it a girls car, that may be so, but alot of them talk shit because they are afraid to say a girls car is capable of hanging with or beating them. Respect should be given where respect is due. Yeah the engine won't hold the power if built wrong, but an LT/LS car won't last long either if built wrong. So what's the difference? A car with power and speed is a car with power and speed, no matter what it is.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by zggill04 View Post
    So what's the difference? A car with power and speed is a car with power and speed, no matter what it is.
    Absolutely incorrect.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Just me....

Chris
    Ok so check this out, im a Marine right, so its kinda in my daily work force that i have hate and discontent. Anyways getting to the point. Tonight i was let off a little early, well i go to the chow hall (cafeteria), and he (SRT-4owner is there). The entire lounge to sit in.....he sits with me. So we both kind of bullshit for a bit. And he was kinda just talkin about work. Anywho, no word out of my mouth about my car, and he brings it up. He not being a dick, or showing any disrespect, asks where my car was. I responded, back at home, in a storage unit. Then asks when i was gonna bring it down. I said probably in like a month or two. Then he asked how far it was from where im currently stationed, i told him about 1800 miles. Then he just kinda went on about that thats not to bad of a drive. And that he drove From North Carolina to seattle Wa, in about 3 days non stop in his old neon, before he got the srt-4. and that after that we just kind of went on about bullshit. But he never at any point showed a sign of disrespect about my car, and neither did i. So i guess my point is i was to quick to judge.........that or he was just keeping the status quota cool, and trying to figure me out? and trying to see how long it was before he could get in a race....but i didnt get that feeling. any thoughts? and on top of that, as i said again i am not hating on a paticular group of cars, just the certain peeps that drive in there rides, of any car.

back 'n better than ever Kjz99z28's Avatar

White/Black
    1999 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix_68 View Post
    Ok so check this out, im a Marine right, so its kinda in my daily work force that i have hate and discontent. Anyways getting to the point. Tonight i was let off a little early, well i go to the chow hall (cafeteria), and he (SRT-4owner is there). The entire lounge to sit in.....he sits with me. So we both kind of bullshit for a bit. And he was kinda just talkin about work. Anywho, no word out of my mouth about my car, and he brings it up. He not being a dick, or showing any disrespect, asks where my car was. I responded, back at home, in a storage unit. Then asks when i was gonna bring it down. I said probably in like a month or two. Then he asked how far it was from where im currently stationed, i told him about 1800 miles. Then he just kinda went on about that thats not to bad of a drive. And that he drove From North Carolina to seattle Wa, in about 3 days non stop in his old neon, before he got the srt-4. and that after that we just kind of went on about bullshit. But he never at any point showed a sign of disrespect about my car, and neither did i. So i guess my point is i was to quick to judge.........that or he was just keeping the status quota cool, and trying to figure me out? and trying to see how long it was before he could get in a race....but i didnt get that feeling. any thoughts? and on top of that, as i said again i am not hating on a paticular group of cars, just the certain peeps that drive in there rides, of any car.
    Sweet, maybe he'll turn out actually being cool.

FUGLY CBR1000RR rider.com

Black n Black
    04 Dodge Ram 07 CBR1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Absolutely incorrect.
    I'm not saying the cars or the same, but if a 4 banger is outrunning your 11 sec camaro, say my buddies DSM, are you going to sit here and say his car doesn't have any power nor speed? Granted I think your car looks better, much better in fact, but his car has the power to outrun you. Granted I'm sure your car can do a run with better fasion maybe pulling the front wheels some. But power is still rated in HP and TQ no matter if it's a V8 or a 4 banger, and it doesn't matter if it's NA, turbo, blown, what have you, and your still running in MPH and seconds down the track. Hopefully that clarified.

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

This thread was never started about hating a certain type of car despite the title, It's about hating a dick head who just happen to drive a srt-4. I think that "most" 4 bangers atleast most that I have ment think they have something to prove b/c their car is a 4 banger and most times they turn out to be a dick about it. I know my car is fast just na, not the fastest on the road by far but fast enough. they throw a turbo or whatever eles on it all of the sudden their gods gift to mankind. This by no means goes for all import owners but allot of them.

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by zggill04 View Post
    They all call it a girls car, that may be so, but alot of them talk shit because they are afraid to say a girls car is capable of hanging with or beating them. Respect should be given where respect is due. Yeah the engine won't hold the power if built wrong, but an LT/LS car won't last long either if built wrong. So what's the difference? A car with power and speed is a car with power and speed, no matter what it is.
    They call it a girls car b/c thats what it is some may be faster than others but it's still a girly car none the less just b/c some one may beat my car in a neon or eclipse well I'm still going to say wow thats one fast fag of a man.

"nice car gay man"

Thread Information