Thread: Possible race

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Possible race

A friend of mine (and a memberof this forum) has a friend with an 05 GTO, lt's, no cats, stock mufflers, and I think CAI, that's all. His best time is like 14.2 or 14.5 at maple grove. but he's say's it's cause he was lowered at the time. We were talkin yesterday and I told him about another friend of mine who ran a 13.2 (13.3-13.5 cinsistant) in a 00' ws6 flowmaster catback, nothing else, at cecil. The guy with the GTO was like, "bullshit, I'd like to see that time slip blah blah," and I told him that I'd have my buddy make me a copy.

Anyway, my buddy with the black ws6 and I are pretty much equal drivers. When I had only a catback we stayed neck and neck from a dig to 110ish, and from 45 rolls al well.

I wanna race this kid in the GTO soooo bad, and after I get my cam done in about 2 weeks, I think he's gonna be toast. What do you guys think? (try to stay impartial keith lol)

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    A friend of mine (and a memberof this forum) has a friend with an 05 GTO, lt's, no cats, stock mufflers, and I think CAI, that's all. His best time is like 14.2 or 14.5 at maple grove. but he's say's it's cause he was lowered at the time. We were talkin yesterday and I told him about another friend of mine who ran a 13.2 (13.3-13.5 cinsistant) in a 00' ws6 flowmaster catback, nothing else, at cecil. The guy with the GTO was like, "bullshit, I'd like to see that time slip blah blah," and I told him that I'd have my buddy make me a copy.

Anyway, my buddy with the black ws6 and I are pretty much equal drivers. When I had only a catback we stayed neck and neck from a dig to 110ish, and from 45 rolls al well.

I wanna race this kid in the GTO soooo bad, and after I get my cam done in about 2 weeks, I think he's gonna be toast. What do you guys think? (try to stay impartial keith lol)
    It should be a drivers race. LS2 GTO's are solid low 13-second cars, while some have dipped into the 12's in bone-stock trim. It should be a close one.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

that torque management and TC is what kills it in the times and thats why a lot of GTO's are running 14.0's....

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Gotcha. I hear that he's also horrible at driving stick, so maybe it's that too lol. But he was like physically distrought at the fact that an ls1 f-bod could run faster than his 05' goat, and I hope he offers to race sometime soon!!! It "should" be a good race, but with those times, and if he's a shitty driver it would be awesome to beat him by almost a second!

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

lol thats funny hope ya give him a run for his money

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

humm. we have a lighter car, solid axle which is usually better for drag racing.... after your cam you'll murder him... go for it!

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

lol 14.5? Ouch.. funny how he doesn't think an LS1 can run 13s with exhaust; obviously has never checked out a car forum or car website before either or he would know a little more about these cars (and his own).

If he really is a 14.x driver than have fun destroying him.

silver
    98 ss camaro

yeah that's some driver issues there you should take him no problem race him now before he learns lol

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post

if u get cammed you'll get em. a ls2 gto w those mods is a consistent mid-high 12sec car if driven normally..im a ls1 gto and i ran 13.1x w my mods..soo it just shows some goats are diff than others. same as drivers =)
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Red
    2001 Trash Can

I wanna race before the cam, cause I also hear that he's a shitty driver, and I'd like to do so without power adders so that if I beat him, it'll be more of a surprise to him lol. I ususally wouldn't care so much but he was talking some shit and getting on my nerves, and questioning my friends time (which I can prove). It would be so good to prove him wrong first hand.

My buddy actually ran a 14.4 or smethin on his first run cause he missed 3rd. I should show him that one only, and then race MUUHAHAHAHA lol

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

If he runs 14s with a ls2 GTO its driver error, if hes stick. I have lost to ls2 GTOs with exhaust only and i ran a 13.6 in my legacy. People who cant launch i rape

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    If he runs 14s with a ls2 GTO its driver error, if hes stick. I have lost to ls2 GTOs with exhaust only and i ran a 13.6 in my legacy. People who cant launch i rape
    yea it is stick, and again, i'm told he sucks at driving. One of the 13.2 times my buddy ran he peddled off the line, no launch. That's just what you gotta do on street tires lol. Can't wait till summer whne I can afford some nice DR's

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

I love the car BTW, i have been kicking myself everyday since i sold my Red 2000 T/A. Im trying to sell the subaru to get another T/A lol. I mean i have a supra aswell but nothing compares to the ls1 . To me atleast

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    I love the car BTW, i have been kicking myself everyday since i sold my Red 2000 T/A. Im trying to sell the subaru to get another T/A lol. I mean i have a supra aswell but nothing compares to the ls1 . To me atleast
    I never understood why people sell their car...and then "kick" themselves right after selling it. Beats me?

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

I think you got him. If you and your friend are in the 13's consistently, and he's always in the 14's it should be no different when yous race, unless he caught on and does better times now.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    I never understood why people sell their car...and then "kick" themselves right after selling it. Beats me?
    Lol i uses spiked boots to really punish myself. I sold the car because winter was coming my DD broke and just the parts to fix it were almost 2grand and i had a baby in November so i needed something safe for winter. So i got a turbo legacy and now im done with it. It runs a 13.6 but it bores me.

My old name on here was 2000T/A Guru

Thread Information