Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Roush 427 R ?

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    thats good, im happy for you. good run
    If I had 452 hp, I would be running a LOT better than a 12.7....all I need is headers and a tune...I'm there....I'm sorry you spent so much money to be so slooooow....my buddy's old fox body cobra even makes your stang look like a pinto.

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang=Breakfast View Post
    If I had 452 hp, I would be running a LOT better than a 12.7....all I need is headers and a tune...I'm there....I'm sorry you spent so much money to be so slooooow....my buddy's old fox body cobra even makes your stang look like a pinto.

If you look at his MPH I wouldn't pick on him too much.That's 11 second MPH. I'm sure he spun past the 60' mark.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by slowgtp View Post
    If you look at his MPH I wouldn't pick on him too much.That's 11 second MPH. I'm sure he spun past the 60' mark.
    yeah i saw that too, it makes sense now.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Did you run at sac? i dont remember ever seeing you there on a wed night. I'd like to see you run your 12.7 with headers and tune only out here. Until you do, you have zero room to compare. until you do, you'll just be someone from i dont care where that wont be able to back up their talk.

It's my only full run that i did with this set up, Im happy to know that no matter how much I butcher a run, you will still be seeing my tailights. haha

as for the comment about the pinto, i dont get it. there are some fast ass pinto's out there, not sure what you mean by that. And my old fox body was pretty quick through the 1/4 too .

12.718 @ 117.47

1998 Firebird Formula WS6

True that, it could be debated all day. Damn, if I had the money, I'd have my SS, a Termi, and a Challenger sitting in my driveway, I'm not picky. It just so happened that my SS had the best price tag for the horses.
    ya i hear you if i had more money it would be between the c5 z06 and the termi. But what you were saying earlier i think you are correct the chevy small block is such a bitchin motor that even the ford guys use it. It is very hard to beat.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Did you run at sac? i dont remember ever seeing you there on a wed night. I'd like to see you run your 12.7 with headers and tune only out here. Until you do, you have zero room to compare. until you do, you'll just be someone from i dont care where that wont be able to back up their talk.

It's my only full run that i did with this set up, Im happy to know that no matter how much I butcher a run, you will still be seeing my tailights. haha

as for the comment about the pinto, i dont get it. there are some fast ass pinto's out there, not sure what you mean by that. And my old fox body was pretty quick through the 1/4 too .
    Holy f'in shite batman, I give up. You win . I didn't get on an LS1 forum to fight with Ford guys. Your Mustang is king of the world, we got it...................................

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Holy f'in shite batman, I give up. You win . I didn't get on an LS1 forum to fight with Ford guys. Your Mustang is king of the world, we got it...................................
    just remember, your the one that tried to criticize me, not the other way around. dont try to flip this on me.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

just remember, your the one that tried to criticize me, not the other way around. dont try to flip this on me.
    I'm not flippin, i'm stoppin before it gets out of hand on both sides

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Trickstang

Actually, I should apologize. You've probably put a lot of labor into that car to get it up to that hp, and I should respect that, no matter what kind of car it is. I took the criticism that I get every day from guys I hang around who ALLL drive and worship fords, and I attempted to take it out on you. The last thing I want to do is become one of those guys who thinks his car's sh!t don't stink, and it seems i've done just that. I will say this, when I get my car the way I want it, we can have a little friendly race anytime you want, given you are in Oklahoma at the time, or I just happen to take a trip up to wherever it is that you live. I do have a buddy down here who's always looking for fellow stang drivers to race. He's got an 87? Mustang that runs 8's ....problem is he's still rebuilding it after meeting up with a wall last year haha. Anyway, I hope there's no hard feelings.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

i think the main reason people worship crustangs, is because they are a popular car. if you think about every person that you know i bet at least 5-6 of them have owned one. i can think of 6 right off of the top of my head, i can only think of 1-2 that have owned a t/a or camaro but thats the older ones. alot of people have no idea about the power or capability of a ls1 t/a or camaro, so they automatically assume crustangs are top dog. prime example...a guy i work with and i were talking cars and i told him about how i wanted run this guy that had just bought this brand new crustang, his response was oh you don't want run them new ones they are fast, which was comical because if he even had a chance when i was stock there is no way in hell he has one now. i also love the puzzled look on peoples faces when they ask me "what do you have in that thing?" and i tell them it's an ls1. i guess they expect me to say its a 350 with an edelbrock intake and a holley double pumper.lol

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Trickstang

Actually, I should apologize. You've probably put a lot of labor into that car to get it up to that hp, and I should respect that, no matter what kind of car it is. I took the criticism that I get every day from guys I hang around who ALLL drive and worship fords, and I attempted to take it out on you. The last thing I want to do is become one of those guys who thinks his car's sh!t don't stink, and it seems i've done just that. I will say this, when I get my car the way I want it, we can have a little friendly race anytime you want, given you are in Oklahoma at the time, or I just happen to take a trip up to wherever it is that you live. I do have a buddy down here who's always looking for fellow stang drivers to race. He's got an 87? Mustang that runs 8's ....problem is he's still rebuilding it after meeting up with a wall last year haha. Anyway, I hope there's no hard feelings.
    Its cool. To me, I dont care what people choose as their car to start as a base. I just dont like when people go for personal attacks or call one better than the other. I never even call camaro's "crapmaros" or "fire chickens" or whatever 3rd grade stuff people come up with. I do admit, sometimes i do throw a few jabs here and there, most times as the devils advocate, but nothing as a real putdown. I mean, on the chargerforums.com im constantly backing up the fbody and gto guys (and obiviously, mustangs).

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Its cool. To me, I dont care what people choose as their car to start as a base. I just dont like when people go for personal attacks or call one better than the other. I never even call camaro's "crapmaros" or "fire chickens" or whatever 3rd grade stuff people come up with. I do admit, sometimes i do throw a few jabs here and there, most times as the devils advocate, but nothing as a real putdown. I mean, on the chargerforums.com im constantly backing up the fbody and gto guys (and obiviously, mustangs).
    Yeah, see, I feel the same way. I was looking at Mustangs and Chargers, etc. when I found my SS. Actually, I knew sooo much less back then that I thought that Camaro's would be more like a last resort. Didn't know anything about LS1's, LT1's blah blah, my last car was a Supra Turbo so you can imagine that my mindset then was all about wings and body kits to add around 200hp to the car. I used the name 'Mustang=Breakfast' to piss off my fox body friends. Seems like ever since I got the maro, I've slowly started taking sides...not even meaning to...I guess it's human nature to take a side, but I'd rather steer clear of that.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

you had to know when you first came over here you were going to catch hell being a mustang owner. there are 2 types of gm owners on here, the ones that have just happened to stumble on a vehicle thats fast or got a good deal on it and could care less what company made it, and then there are the ones that eat, breathe, and sleep gm, and wouldn't care if it was the slowest pos ever and still drive it with pride.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    and then there are the ones that eat, breathe, and sleep gm, and wouldn't care if it was the slowest pos ever and still drive it with pride.
    That sounds a little bit like myself

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

With me it's a love hate relationship with Mustangs.....I love to hate them. Just kidding I've owned a few and they were fun cars. I'm just more of a GM guy and mainly Buick powered GM cars. The GTP is my DD and I also have an 87 GN. I would own a Cobra ...not an issue with me but I'd have to get rid of the GN to do it and that ain't gonna happen.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I just like cars, end of story. I would drive a Supra again....not over my Camaro, but I draw a really fine line....I will NOT drive a four banger and call it a race car...ever....Turbo 6 is as low as my limbo goes. And to tell the truth, I drooooooled over the Shelby GT 500 in I Am Legend....part of that having to do with the thrill of deer hunting in a deserted city in the car with a military rifle....every Oklahoma man's dream

silver
    98 ss camaro

I tried to race the earlier 427 I think 06 or 7, he didn't want to go at first but had to keep at him till he did beat my stock ss(slp lm exhaust only mod) but not by much I've raced a supercharged z28 that would roast one of these like it's not even there. I wasn't impressed at all my lm was louder then the ford, If i was gonna spend that much i'd save up a little more and get a real car the new z06.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    That sounds a little bit like myself
    amen

Thread Information