Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Tuning for injector swap

I was just curious as to what I would be getting myself into to tune my car for new injectors. I am going from stock to 42 lbs and dont really know of any tuners where my car is at now. The car is a heads/cam/nitrous car that is currently dyno tuned but the injectors are running right at 100% and still running lean up top.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Depends...

If your tuner was dilligent and tuned your VE and MAF (unfortunately not common) then it is as easy as plugging in about 6-8 tables (also assuming he has the proper resources) and all is well. More likely, he altered your injector table to get your fueling in line rather than the previously mentioned items, which means that your car will basically need most of it's fuel tuning done over again.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

how many times am i going to run into your ass and tell you to hit up the texas mini train again... geeze juice...

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Well I am going to be buying HPtuners and a wideband o2 sensor and digital gauge and thats all I will have to be able to tune with. I have to tuning experience right now but am wanting to learn but need to start with basics. I was hoping it would be an easy enough tune to be able to do in my driveway. If it is more difficult I will probrably email my previous tuner and see if he is able to alter my tune that he has on file and email to me.

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    how many times am i going to run into your ass and tell you to hit up the texas mini train again... geeze juice...
    sorry man, I am deployed right now so its hard to get on here for more than a few minutes at a time.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
    Well I am going to be buying HPtuners and a wideband o2 sensor and digital gauge and thats all I will have to be able to tune with. I have to tuning experience right now but am wanting to learn but need to start with basics. I was hoping it would be an easy enough tune to be able to do in my driveway. If it is more difficult I will probrably email my previous tuner and see if he is able to alter my tune that he has on file and email to me.
    here's a little write up i did on hptuners. http://www.fla-thirdgen.org/hptuners.htm give you an idea of what there is involved.

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Thanks for the write up. I believe I had read through that a while back and it is helpful. I spoke with my tuner from texas and he said he will be able to alter my current tune on his computer and email it to me for the injectors. After that is it as simple and just selecting the file on Hptuners and uploading it to my car?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

so long as he is using hptuners to modify it, then you can. if he is using ls1edit, or efilive, then hptuners can't open it.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

that's good news; I'm glad to hear it'll be easy for ya

Thread Information