Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

killed my first ls1

well tonite I went to hang out where I always do and tonight a cat back and CAI 98 z28 came there. I asked him if he wanted to run because I knew I was doing pretty good since I did my full exhaust and all. I ran a heads and cam 05 gt yesterday and lost by just a car from a 25 roll to 135 and was gaining on him at the end as a side note. so I really wanted to see waht it would do next to an ls1. we decided to kinda sneak off at seperate times and meet up at mcdonalds and then go run. we went to where we were running and went around once to scout it out and then came back and he honked it down from a 30 roll. as soon as he honked the 3rd time I pulled from him hard. the guy in the car with my trying to video tape it did as good of a job as he could to get it and did pretty good. the video showed me pull hard from him and when I hit 100 and hit the brakes he was easily 5-7 car lengths behind me. we came back and he wanted to look under my hood and was amazed by me only having full bolt ons and a slight tune. lol. I'm happy about my car I am gonna get it tuned professionally and see how it does then. I still need slicks for the drag strip

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    well tonite I went to hang out where I always do and tonight a cat back and CAI 98 z28 came there. I asked him if he wanted to run because I knew I was doing pretty good since I did my full exhaust and all. I ran a heads and cam 05 gt yesterday and lost by just a car from a 25 roll to 135 and was gaining on him at the end as a side note. so I really wanted to see waht it would do next to an ls1. we decided to kinda sneak off at seperate times and meet up at mcdonalds and then go run. we went to where we were running and went around once to scout it out and then came back and he honked it down from a 30 roll. as soon as he honked the 3rd time I pulled from him hard. the guy in the car with my trying to video tape it did as good of a job as he could to get it and did pretty good. the video showed me pull hard from him and when I hit 100 and hit the brakes he was easily 5-7 car lengths behind me. we came back and he wanted to look under my hood and was amazed by me only having full bolt ons and a slight tune. lol. I'm happy about my car I am gonna get it tuned professionally and see how it does then. I still need slicks for the drag strip
    good kill......you raced Lionel yet ?

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    good kill......you raced Lionel yet ?
    you think I'm joking? I am bad with names if you that is someone? if I know you I am sorry but I don't recall the name right now? I love the ls1 but I beat one tonite by 5 car lengths easy. I'll get damian to send me the vid and I'll try to get it on youtube for you. gah I thought I'd get that here. I have been dyno'd at 320 and I finished my exhaust system since then and ported my throttle body and gasket matched my intake manifold. I have a pretty mean lt1.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

that should have been a close race, that may not be the outcome next time.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    that should have been a close race, that may not be the outcome next time.
    I gotta agree. 5 car lengths seems like something went wrong for him; engine wise or driver error. I don't doubt you can possibly beat him, but I don't think it went the best for him and he should have at least been right on your bumper, imo. Good kill though. Driver skill is an element of a race too.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

you think I'm joking? I am bad with names if you that is someone? if I know you I am sorry but I don't recall the name right now? I love the ls1 but I beat one tonite by 5 car lengths easy. I'll get damian to send me the vid and I'll try to get it on youtube for you. gah I thought I'd get that here. I have been dyno'd at 320 and I finished my exhaust system since then and ported my throttle body and gasket matched my intake manifold. I have a pretty mean lt1.
    Lionel lives in Chattanooga and goes to Brainard race track. I thought you said that you had talked with him before. He has a 02 vert SS pewter.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Whoa...little defensive there bud. No one called BS on you..

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Whoa...little defensive there bud. No one called BS on you..
    sorry noone has believed me til they saw the video. I don't have it on my phone but I'm trying to get it posted. my own uncle didn't believe me because he had a 2002ss full 35th anni package with the racing stripes and all and doesn't think that my car would stand a chance against anything like it. he believes me now that he has ridden in it though.

white
    94 camaro z28

Lionel lives in Chattanooga and goes to Brainard race track. I thought you said that you had talked with him before. He has a 02 vert SS pewter.
    yeah I remember him. I just couldn't remember he name. lol. I am horrible with names. lol.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

yeah I remember him. I just couldn't remember he name. lol. I am horrible with names. lol.
    also be careful racing in chatt area, they got unmarked cars everywhere

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    I gotta agree. 5 car lengths seems like something went wrong for him; engine wise or driver error. I don't doubt you can possibly beat him, but I don't think it went the best for him and he should have at least been right on your bumper, imo. Good kill though. Driver skill is an element of a race too.
    well he wasn't the best driver for it, but he was in an automatic with lower gears than mine and he shifted down to 2nd for the start like i did. he said he never let off or anything and when I looked it over there was nothing visably wrong with it. it was a completely stock down to the paper filter 98 z28 with the highway gears.(not the 3.23) even the person that was in the car with him said that he didn't do anything wrong and both the people in that car have been racing at brainerd for years. they are both experienced drivers. my car is not hardly stock though. you can ask speedaddict a little about it. we were just talking I told him alot of what I have done with it. some of the mods include gasket porting heads and intake manifold and hand cleaning all the ports all the way to the vavles, basic tuning, ported throttle body, full bolt ons, a bunch of things. my car is not near stock and stayed right with a 05gt with full boltons and heads and cam package. it is pretty mean.

white
    94 camaro z28

also be careful racing in chatt area, they got unmarked cars everywhere
    oh yeah I know it. we checked for any cars though. we had a wide open road for the race. I don't just race anytime I have to have it perfect for it. if I get caught there goes my license. access road is a great place to race if you can find it totally open

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

and he shifted down to 2nd for the start like i did.
    I have an a4, have shifted down to 2nd for a start, and also left it in drive and did better when I left it in drive so that to me was a mistake for him....Good kill !

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    I have an a4, have shifted down to 2nd for a start, and also left it in drive and did better when I left it in drive so that to me was a mistake for him....Good kill !
    well I did the same thing. it helps me a ton. if I don't It takes me a seccond to get going and I have a stage2 tranny.

NBM
    98 trans am

well considering a stock trans am will keep up with if not beat a full bolt on mustang shouldnt it hang with a full bolt on GT with a cam? i just dont see how you put 6 cars on him, did he have any bad 02s?

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    well considering a stock trans am will keep up with if not beat a full bolt on mustang shouldnt it hang with a full bolt on GT with a cam? i just dont see how you put 6 cars on him, did he have any bad 02s?
    no and I kept up with a heads and cam with full bolt on he had dynos proving 380hp on street tune and 430 on strip tune the owner of that car works in a performance shop and he's doing the tuning on my car soon.

the ls1 in his car had 80000 miles so it had some wear on it. not too much. he already is saying he's dropping a new motor in it. when I heard it take off it sounded like it was perfectly fine. I actually thought it was gonna be closer.

also remember I have a modified lt1 not ls1. so me keeping up with and almost beating a heavily modded 05 gt is an accomplishment. I wanna run him again when I get tuned. He even thinks he might lose then. when I rode in the mustang I thought he was gonna just smoke me because of how mean that thing was. I don't like mustangs but I like how fast that one was.

also the 05 has an advertised 300hp don't know if that's wheel or crank but advertised 300hp

NBM
    98 trans am

well then you have one sick ride man, congrats

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    well then you have one sick ride man, congrats
    thanks

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

so you dyno'd 320 before your exhaust and ported tb which may have given you 15-20hp, the other guy laid down 430hp on the dyno and you kept up with him? kept up with him for like what the first couple seconds?

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Jimmy, is your Z a M6? My A4 LS1 dynoed 320whp and I know that without a stall I would not be worth much from a roll in anything outside of 1st gear, its a waste of gas IMO with an Auto. The first time I tried a highway roll was against a M6 LS2 Goat and it was UGLY!

I believe your kill on the LS1, I could see that. It would have been closer from a low roll (20 or under) but I think you would edge it out if you can row the gears.

Thread Information