Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    Well they both spun, just like my own 300 you must leave traction control on to even leave the line since they dont make DR's in 20" yet. If he would have kept taping (funny he stopped right as you can see the Charger gaining speed ) the SRT8 would have walked right by 22's and all. Yes we are talking pretty stock cars though.
    That's the thing. Were talking pretty stock cars. And IMO, with close to a 100-fwhp advantage for the Mopar it shouldn't even be close.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    That's the thing. Were talking pretty stock cars. And IMO, with close to a 100-fwhp advantage for the Mopar it shouldn't even be close.
    Well actually its not when they get rolling, that vid was a mild bolt on LS1, like my own (Lid, ORY, CB, 85mm TB and tune) and the Wifes' SRT8 will walk it, very fun. The SRT's wont gas out until 173-178 stock and run 1/4 and on times more in line with C5's than F-bodies. Try a 50-120 roll and the SRT will walk an LS1/LT1 anyday ( Ive done it and I dont hear the end of it). All the while weighing 600+lbs more and being much safer to boot. Not a bad 4dr. They are pretty cheap now at $30K for under 20K miles.
    Last edited by JayplaySS2; 03-27-2008 at 08:27 PM.

10's N/A

Well actually its not when they get rolling, that vid was a mild bolt on LS1, like my own (Lid, ORY, CB, 85mm TB and tune) and the Wifes' SRT8 will walk it, very fun. The SRT's wont gas out until 173-178 stock and run 1/4 and on times more in line with C5's than F-bodies. Try a 50-120 roll and the SRT will walk an LS1/LT1 anyday ( Ive done it and I dont hear the end of it). All the while weighing 600+lbs more and being much safer to boot. Not a bad 4dr. They are pretty cheap now at $30K for under 20K miles.
    I don't know how an LT1 got into this conversation, but it sure ain't gonna walk mine I wouldn't even waste gas running an SRT-8 unless he was considerably modified. And like I said, i'd Hope it would be able to walk a car with close to 100fwhp less, I mean, it only makes sense. Nothing to brag about...nothing at all.

C6 H/C/N20

400+ rwhp from a CAI/tune not impressive? Livernois Motorsports disagrees with you (reason for thier thread http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread...497&highlight=) and so do I but we are all entitled to our opinions.

10's N/A

Numbers aren't going to impress me bud. Trust me. I'm aware of what they're capable of. I've always believed in reading up on the competition. And if you were paying attention you would remember that we were talking about performance (i.e. acceleration) - and not dyno numbers

C6 H/C/N20

Numbers aren't going to impress me bud. Trust me. I'm aware of what they're capable of. I've always believed in reading up on the competition. And if you were paying attention you would remember that we were talking about performance (i.e. acceleration) - and not dyno numbers
    Ill still lean towards Livernois and the 12.50-12.90's @108-113 in stock trim.

12.48 @ 113 with only Diablo/Tune/CAI not impressive huh? Right......

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...t=12+sec+times
    Last edited by JayplaySS2; 03-27-2008 at 09:17 PM.

10's N/A

Ill still lean towards Livernois and the 12.50-12.90's @108-113 in stock trim.

12.48 @ 113 with only Diablo/Tune/CAI not impressive huh? Right......

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...t=12+sec+times
    12.90's in stock trim...then i'll mention Evan Smith's 12.8 run in a bone-stock SS...then he'll bring up "well it's a safer car" and "it has 4-doors"...then' ill mention the 100hp difference...and, gosh, it 'ill never end.

I'd rather dream though... Good night.

C6 H/C/N20

12.90's in stock trim...then i'll mention Evan Smith's 12.8 run in a bone-stock SS...then he'll bring up "well it's a safer car" and "it has 4-doors"...then' ill mention the 100hp difference...and, gosh, it 'ill never end.

I'd rather dream though... Good night.
    You mean 12.48 AT 113.5 mph.

Ill end it just fine. Evan ran a 12.89 @ 108 vs an everyday guy running 12.48 @113. Its MORE impressive than Evans run.

Silver
    2005 Ram Daytona

I ran my 99 z28(few bolt ons) with my dads 2006 charger srt8. He had just added a switch under the dash to completely disable all traction. (the stock traction control cuts down only a certain percentage). We made 4 runs, the first one he was using his autostick and couldn't get any traction clear through third gear, so i took that race. Next run he turned his traction control back on, but did use the stock traction off switch, and was able to catch traction half way through 2nd (using the autostick), we were about neck and neck at about 1/8 mile (we were on a back country road). The next 2 runs he had traction on and was using the autostick and he beat me pretty badly.

Since then I've added; lt's, y-pipe, lid, maf, cam, injectors, hypertech programmer, race-built 4l60e-3200 stall, and a new auburn high torque diff.

He has a few new bolt on's, and ran the diablo sport programmer through it,
    once i get new tires in the rear i'l have to try another run with him.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by cant.b.caught.z28 View Post
    I ran my 99 z28(few bolt ons) with my dads 2006 charger srt8. He had just added a switch under the dash to completely disable all traction. (the stock traction control cuts down only a certain percentage). We made 4 runs, the first one he was using his autostick and couldn't get any traction clear through third gear, so i took that race. Next run he turned his traction control back on, but did use the stock traction off switch, and was able to catch traction half way through 2nd (using the autostick), we were about neck and neck at about 1/8 mile (we were on a back country road). The next 2 runs he had traction on and was using the autostick and he beat me pretty badly.

Since then I've added; lt's, y-pipe, lid, maf, cam, injectors, hypertech programmer, race-built 4l60e-3200 stall, and a new auburn high torque diff.

He has a few new bolt on's, and ran the diablo sport programmer through it,
    once i get new tires in the rear i'l have to try another run with him.
    Damn, sounds like fun. Also sounds like my azz getting kicked by my wife in her SRT8. The traction control is the only way to launch and the trans will actually shift for quicker times than doing it manually. Sounds like you should have him this time though.

Silver
    2005 Ram Daytona

yea the regular drive mode shifts alot quicker than any manual transmission can be shifted. He just thinks he knows the 'sweet spots' so he prefers to shift himself. (ha)
    I can't wait to run the new challenger, He's top on the list for the srt8 (the first year they are only making the 6.1 srt8).. If only chevy would throw the camaro out earlier...

Thread Information