Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ran a C5 Z06

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

i saw an ls7 engine dyno put 540 out at the crank stock, im not sure what the z06 puts to the ground, but it's enough. Plus like everyone says, with the aerodynamic differences and weight differences... Anyways, we have an 07 Z06, it's fast. I'm sure the mustang is very fast too, I'm a chevy guy though, hence I'm on LS1 forums!

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by 001CamaroSS View Post
    i saw an ls7 engine dyno put 540 out at the crank stock...
    it wasnt stock then.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...&highlight=SAE

12.718 @ 117.47

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    Well, my mistake. I was thinking a 500 rwhp Cobra and I know a thing or two about mustangs. However, let's not put words into my mouth. Although I would, I actually never directly compared the Z06 with the termi. So, who compared apples too oranges?

Chris

Ps. I'm pretty sure LS2KLR isn't going to have a problem with either one when he turns up the wick.

I hope so. We turned up the boost to 12lbs the other day and it laid down 575rwhp. Next week we'll max it out on pump gas!

Awaiting Activation

black
    98 Z-28

i think the only time we should dedicate this much time to a stang is to tell how you dogged it or how the front of it looks through the rearview, buuut nice setup.

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

Lightbulb Z06 power

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    The LS7 hp rating was done under SAE J-1349 testing conditions, which makes for a pretty low rating compared to what they could have done. Dyno testing proved the z06 is really putting down 546hp at 6100 rpms dynoed on a thompson 910. This was with no exhaust. Realistically with the restrictions it is estimated to be 522hp.

Stock.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by 001CamaroSS View Post
    The LS7 hp rating was done under SAE J-1349 testing conditions, which makes for a pretty low rating compared to what they could have done. Dyno testing proved the z06 is really putting down 546hp at 6100 rpms dynoed on a thompson 910. This was with no exhaust. Realistically with the restrictions it is estimated to be 522hp.

Stock.
    I've never heard of a "thompson 910."

And SAE is the standard and it makes 505hp. All cars (that have been certified) are affected the same way, it's said that the LS2 would have had 405hp by the new standard. Most other car manufacturers got affected negatively, but thats what the standard is.

but then again, I guess i can invent my own standard and it will be right too.

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

It's regardless, it still went bone stock on a dyno and put 546 to the crank

Thread Information