Thread: Rice or Brat's

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Rice or Brat's

If vehicles of Asian orgin are referred to as rice and their drivers ricers, should vehicles of Europeon orgin be referred to as brat's and the drivers brautwursters?

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Oh, noooo.. not this argument again.

I have found that very few people actually consider "rice/ ricer" to mean "anything" built in Asia.

Some do--- but who gives a F#&@ what anyone thinks anyway, It is a slang term, that has no real definition.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

I've always heard people say Krautburners for German cars.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I seen many domestic cars that would also be considered "rice" so I dont think it has anything to do with origin

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    I seen many domestic cars that would also be considered "rice" so I dont think it has anything to do with origin
    Tons of riced out Cavaliers around here, its just a term used to classify someone with very very different taste, shallow pockets, and confusion on what car is worth putting money into and what is not. Overall teenage kids who make $350.00 a month....Cant buy a real car with that....So they think to themselfs "how can I make my 1990 Honda Accord that my parents gave me cool?" They think to themselfs "well the trunk is pretty plain how bout I borrow my moms credit card and order an errector set off of ebay......SWEET" bam wing is on and when doing 200+mph you can stick to the ground with no worries of losing control. Now they think to themselfs "damn this wing is bad ass and I can tell the differance but inorder to do 200+mph we need to make my car louder and last week when I yelled through an old coffee can it projected sound like a mofo" Bam $60.00 later coffee can is on and ripping ass through your exhaust for hours on end has never been cooler !!! Once agin they think to themself "now that I can make annoying sounds and can do 200+mph no problem I need to project air under and around the car better, shit son I need a body kit, and fuck painting it primer grey on my brown paint is bad ass" BAM one week later it shows up at the door, he grabs a screw driver and seven screws and slaps that bad boy on !!! Now he thinks to himself "Now that I have the fastest car in the WORLD time to go race every damn car on the road", he starts to head out to his ride, looks back to his friend and says "FUCK YEAH ITS A VTEC."

And thats that........

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    Tons of riced out Cavaliers around here, its just a term used to classify someone with very very different taste, shallow pockets, and confusion on what car is worth putting money into and what is not. Overall teenage kids who make $350.00 a month....Cant buy a real car with that....So they think to themselfs "how can I make my 1990 Honda Accord that my parents gave me cool?" They think to themselfs "well the trunk is pretty plain how bout I borrow my moms credit card and order an errector set off of ebay......SWEET" bam wing is on and when doing 200+mph you can stick to the ground with no worries of losing control. Now they think to themselfs "damn this wing is bad ass and I can tell the differance but inorder to do 200+mph we need to make my car louder and last week when I yelled through an old coffee can it projected sound like a mofo" Bam $60.00 later coffee can is on and ripping ass through your exhaust for hours on end has never been cooler !!! Once agin they think to themself "now that I can make annoying sounds and can do 200+mph no problem I need to project air under and around the car better, shit son I need a body kit, and fuck painting it primer grey on my brown paint is bad ass" BAM one week later it shows up at the door, he grabs a screw driver and seven screws and slaps that bad boy on !!! Now he thinks to himself "Now that I have the fastest car in the WORLD time to go race every damn car on the road", he starts to head out to his ride, looks back to his friend and says "FUCK YEAH ITS A VTEC."

And thats that........

Yea those cars be made pretty quick lol

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post

And thats that........
    So True

NBM
    99 TA

So what are american cars? Cheeseburgers?

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    So what are american cars? Cheeseburgers?
    American Muscle?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    American Muscle?
    That would make the most sense...

Rice refers to Asian vehicles and the way that they look. Things like sideways fart cans, ugly body kits, and big wings are classic examples of what the Japanese think looks "good" on a performance vehicle.

American cars can't be "rice", but they can be "riced out", in other words made to look Asian even though they are not.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    So True
    GOOD ONE

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

While the derivation of the term "rice" certainly traces it's roots back to a reference to certain Asian vehicles, I concur that you can "rice" pretty much any vehicle out. In fact, there's a lime green V6 Camaro rolling around here with chrome rims, fancy tail lights and a really big wing.....that in my opinion is riced out. In my humble opinion, "rice" should really only apply to those cars where the owners think that they are fast simply because the have a fart can muffler, huge wing, a bunch of stickers and chrome rims!

On the same line of thought, most any vehicle that makes enough power to actually take advantage of the additional downforce created by a huge wing would NOT be considered "riced" out. HAHA! That should help appease those guys rolling around in 10 second WRXs and EVOs!
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    While the derivation of the term "rice" certainly traces it's roots back to a reference to certain Asian vehicles, I concur that you can "rice" pretty much any vehicle out. In fact, there's a lime green V6 Camaro rolling around here with chrome rims, fancy tail lights and a really big wing.....that in my opinion is riced out. In my humble opinion, "rice" should really only apply to those cars where the owners think that they are fast simply because the have a fart can muffler, huge wing, a bunch of stickers and chrome rims!

On the same line of thought, most any vehicle that makes enough power to actually take advantage of the additional downforce created by a huge wing would NOT be considered "riced" out. HAHA! That should help appease those guys rolling around in 10 second WRXs and EVOs!
    Fast or not, gay wings and body kits are still rice. And seeing as Evos and STIs come with that crap from the factory, they are most definitely rice. And no, you don't need a 3 foot tall wing to run 10 seconds in the 1/4 mile. Not that such vehicles going that fast are common place anyhow.

rapter34
    O my God if they where called brats i would have to buy one just on the principle that brats are delicious

Triple Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Speed kills. Save lives. Drive a Honda

Triple Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

1 more:

My Mountain Dew has more liters than your Honda

Thread Information