Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Black
    2000 Trans Am

I would go for a old 2nd or 3rd gen Fbody to fix up..wait I am. I really dont see alot of older Fbodies running around. Especially ones in good shape.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

i dont think we were on the same page. so how about this....1998 and better....best starting platform.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

IMO it would be a 4thgen Fbody for the best starting platform then. You could basis this on the performance that it already has and the look/feel of the car and prices are going down. And it is a pretty reliable vehicle to begin with after the rear end issue. None of the newer Mustangs really have what to me is awe inspiring performance right out of the box and the looks are kinda "iffy". Of coarse the 03-04 terminators are not in this category. But you could spend less on buying the newer mustang and put that money into mods to make it as fast as an LSX with a good driver.

AS far as the Cobra goes and for the Mustang in general- there are so many differnt options/makes that I think that most of the people who have them dont really know witch model of Mustang they have. But they also have the same problem that we do and that is people mod them to look like something else then market it and sell it as that fake.

Unless people are a die hard fan or really research it someone could easily end up with a clone or a V6 GT or Cobra.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    Heads, cams, stroker setups on a 4.6...you don't get the results that make what you spent worth while. In otherwords, it's a rip off. If you opt to go that way though, there are a few places like Sean Hyland Motorsports, DSS etc. etc. that offer everything to build a fully-modded all-motor 4-6. But for that money, i'd do like my buddy Kyle did, and buy a DSS low-comp shortblock, and supercharge it. The results are much more rewarding!
    LMAO @ the two companies you named. One is Mr.Rip Off and the other couldnt build a shortblock stay together to save their lives. You dont get the results you want and what results do you think they should be getting? Its the lack of cubic inches that is the problem but Ford has alway had this issue.

Thread Information