Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Mustangs... the car that's a little bit better than the normal car on the road... but that's about it.

I love my LS1

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    Mustangs... the car that's a little bit better than the normal car on the road... but that's about it.

I love my LS1
    i dont know about better maybe a little faster.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    I would love to have an 04 GT with a T-56 and LS1 swap, but I will miss the t-tops but have great suspension. IDK too many ups and downs with the f-body vs. stang argument.
    so what are the "ups" of a mustang

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    so what are the "ups" of a mustang
    I can think of some nice things about them and play devils advocate (not being sarcastic):

1) Easy to find to purchase and still make new models

2) Also has a huge aftermarket support like the LS1 cars

3) Some prefer the looks of a mustang over an F-body

4) .... umm

I know there has to be more, I just can't think of any right now; probably just me being absent minded?

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

I would love to have an 04 GT with a T-56 and LS1 swap, but I will miss the t-tops but have great suspension. IDK too many ups and downs with the f-body vs. stang argument.
    just do an upgrade from that and get an 03/04 Cobra.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

I love my LS1
    nice...... but to every one else we arent that fast either stock for stock.... even if we beat someone by bus lengths.... its.. well..............................

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    I can think of some nice things about them and play devils advocate (not being sarcastic):

actually that would be most.

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

well seeing that this thread has been jacked for about the last 3 pages heres my .02 , i think the the modded fox bodies are cool and every one here would love to at least drive or own an old 429 cobra jet.. DIE THREAD DIE !!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post

1) Easy to find to purchase and still make new models

2) Also has a huge aftermarket support like the LS1 cars

4) .... umm

I know there has to be more, I just can't think of any right now; probably just me being absent minded?
    well... im not a mustang fan, but i didnt mean that theyre complete garbage. i just meant what are the ups of a mustang over aan ls1? better rear end? yea.... looks are preference too, so that doesnt really count.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
    well seeing that this thread has been jacked for about the last 3 pages heres my .02 , i think the the modded fox bodies are cool and every one here would love to at least drive or own an old 429 cobra jet.. DIE THREAD DIE !!!!!!
    on that note i think everyone here would at least like to drive or own a 1970 chevelle ss 454 ls6 or a 1968 427 yenko camaro rather than a 429 cobra jet. and i'd much rather (and did) drive a modded iroc-z than a fox body. no offense or anything just my .02.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    on that note i think everyone here would at least like to drive or own a 1970 chevelle ss 454 ls6 or a 1968 427 yenko camaro rather than a 429 cobra jet. and i'd much rather (and did) drive a modded iroc-z than a fox body. no offense or anything just my .02.
    + 1

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    + 1

+2 for me too

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Just a thought, do GM trucks have stronger rear ends then the 10 bolt? If they do can we just swap one of those into our f-bodies?

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

the biggest reason i don't have a 'stang is someone thought mine was worth more than what it was to me.... and lastly everybody has one.. when my car drives down the road heads turn... when a mustang goes by a few look but only aficinados.. EVERYBODY looks at the trans am's

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Just a thought, do GM trucks have stronger rear ends then the 10 bolt? If they do can we just swap one of those into our f-bodies?
    TOTAL guess.. probably do have stronger rears.. for towing??? but doubt they could be swapped without major fab work.. if your gonna do that.. just get a 9...

the biggest reason i don't have a 'stang is someone thought mine was worth more than what it was to me.... and lastly everybody has one.. when my car drives down the road heads turn... when a mustang goes by a few look but only aficinados.. EVERYBODY looks at the trans am's
    i will look at a mustang every once in a while.. i mean in a BLUE... BLUE... moon.. haha.. like once every few months one will make me look.. mainly cause i hear a nice exhaust.. i dont care what im doing.. if a fbody comes down the road.. i can tell you damn near the exact year and options of that damn car.. haha..

i also see this with other people in town..

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

when my car drives down the road heads turn... when a mustang goes by a few look but only aficinados.. EVERYBODY looks at the trans am's
    Gimme a break! Does it make you feel better when you say that to yourself in the mirror? I'll bet you ran off and fondled yourself after you wrote that...haha

You are driving an F-body, not a Ferrari. A few more heads turn when I drive my vette as opposed to my mustang, but it's not a drastic difference. In fact, I think more people look at the stang because they are fond of it, and more people look at the vette because they are jealous or automatically assume I'm a prick for driving it at the age of 24 (when I bought it). Some people ask me what I do to afford a $50k car... I'm like get real dude, I'm in the military. The car's not worth as much as you think. It cost me $19k for it a year and a half ago. The price was still a little high for the year even then, but it had low mileage - 22k.

Anyway, the point is, maybe 10% of people on the road turn their head to look at my car, and about 5% turn and look for no apparent reason when I'm driving my beat-up 1990 GMC Suburban. Drive your car because it's fun to drive... other than kids, people don't really care unless it's an exotic, anyway.

And don't make out like it's better than a mustang for its rarity. The only reason it's "less common" is because it didn't sell..... *ducks and runs for cover*

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    Gimme a break! Does it make you feel better when you say that to yourself in the mirror? I'll bet you ran off and fondled yourself after you wrote that...haha

You are driving an F-body, not a Ferrari. A few more heads turn when I drive my vette as opposed to my mustang, but it's not a drastic difference. In fact, I think more people look at the stang because they are fond of it, and more people look at the vette because they are jealous or automatically assume I'm a prick for driving it at the age of 24 (when I bought it). Some people ask me what I do to afford a $50k car... I'm like get real dude, I'm in the military. The car's not worth as much as you think. It cost me $19k for it a year and a half ago. The price was still a little high for the year even then, but it had low mileage - 22k.

Anyway, the point is, maybe 10% of people on the road turn their head to look at my car, and about 5% turn and look for no apparent reason when I'm driving my beat-up 1990 GMC Suburban. Drive your car because it's fun to drive... other than kids, people don't really care unless it's an exotic, anyway.

And don't make out like it's better than a mustang for its rarity. The only reason it's "less common" is because it didn't sell..... *ducks and runs for cover*
    i don't know chris, i will get a crowd of people gather around my car almost every other time i go to a gas station. i think it's because you just don't see t/ams anymore and ws6's are even less common to come by. you have to think as well, you have a vette and a mustang, and no offense but mustangs are like assholes everyone has one. as far as the vette, i like them but if you've seen one you've seen them all, they have looked pretty much the same for the last 15 years.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

i don't know chris, i will get a crowd of people gather around my car almost every other time i go to a gas station. i think it's because you just don't see t/ams anymore and ws6's are even less common to come by. you have to think as well, you have a vette and a mustang, and no offense but mustangs are like assholes everyone has one. as far as the vette, i like them but if you've seen one you've seen them all, they have looked pretty much the same for the last 15 years.

x2

I still like Mustangs and Corvettes, but the F-bodies do tend to be more noticeable due to their finite numbers. My Z28 happens to "scream" with its color and stripes though. And it seems like F-bodies are much more likely to be modified than Corvettes. That doesn't apply to 'stangs, but then again they are much more plentiful.

All I know is I look at 'em all, and can appreciate what the owners have done.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    x2

I still like Mustangs and Corvettes, but the F-bodies do tend to be more noticeable due to their finite numbers. My Z28 happens to "scream" with its color and stripes though. And it seems like F-bodies are much more likely to be modified than Corvettes. That doesn't apply to 'stangs, but then again they are much more plentiful.

All I know is I look at 'em all, and can appreciate what the owners have done.
    i like that hugger orange with the white stripes. a guy up the road just sold one the same color but it was a 68 with a 327. i stopped to look at it but he wanted 18,000 for it which in my opinion was a little too much for that particular camaro, it had some bubble spots around a couple fender wells. now if it had a 396 in it and was an ss, oooooh yeah.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

i like that hugger orange with the white stripes. a guy up the road just sold one the same color but it was a 68 with a 327. i stopped to look at it but he wanted 18,000 for it which in my opinion was a little too much for that particular camaro, it had some bubble spots around a couple fender wells. now if it had a 396 in it and was an ss, oooooh yeah.
    You should see the looks when a soon-to-be 43 year old gets out with two young kids!!!

The other day a young guy working at Wal-Mart was getting the buggies when I pulled up. As I got out, he offered me some kind words about the car and I thanked him, mentioning I bet he thought a younger guy drove it. He said that he expected a nineteen or twenty year old, and then i joked that I was twenty-three.

He looked puzzled.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information