2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    but.. yes.. it does.. lol

we have known this since 1998..
    the LT1's had the same problem.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    because almost every mustang owner thinks they have the fastest cars ever built,
    And they're obviously all wrong because I have the fastest car ever built. And it just so happens to be a mustang.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

^ lmao

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    And they're obviously all wrong because I have the fastest car ever built. And it just so happens to be a mustang.
    yup you sure do, you and every other mustang owner in the world. someone needs to notify all the motor company's that there is no need to build performance cars any more because chris arnold has the fastest one ever and it's a mustang. shut the forums down there is no need for any more discussion on vehicle performance anymore. congratulations chris.

No you arent,there was a Mustang on Pinks the other night. He had a nitrous'd LS1 swap. His car was the fastest car on earth!!!!!!

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Nice car = respect, regardless of make.

I still like Mustangs and the last run of Thunderbirds (not the retro ones). Stock, the 'Stangs have one of the most unique exhaust notes of any car and they are quite fast, faster than most people are capable of handling properly. Is a stock LS1 faster? Mechanically-speaking, yes, but add in the driver and that could be more or less of an advantage.

A few months ago I saw a Cobra at a parts store that was heavily modded and capable of over 650 rwhp. A lot of money was invested in that car and the owner was rightfully proud of it. Could my 350 or so rwhp LS1 take it in the 1/4? No, not unless a lot of things went right for me and a lot went wrong for him. So what? I drive mine every day and he was at the parts store trying to solve a bad miss that the car had developed. Up to that point, I didn't have anything negative to say about him or his car.

He started talking about street racing and it was obvious that he was big into that. I just kept my mouth shut, as the conversation didn't involve me. When I left the store and was getting in my car, he came out the door and looked over my way. He gave me kudos on my car, and I did the same for him. That Cobra was definitely top-notch and spotless. He cares for that car, no question. Sans the "miss" problem, I would have loved to have had that Cobra too!!! American muscle, and I always find an appreciation with that. Two care dudes (him more than me probably) just enjoying what is there in front of us, the way it should be.

He didn't challenge me to a street race, and I didn't threaten to seize his car and lock him up. Just two guys with a mutual interest. As far as saying Mustang owners are jerks, I'm sure some are but I doubt most are any different than LSx folks. Hell, there are a few members here who are about as obnoxious as they come.

Need I say more?
    Last edited by jad628; 03-07-2008 at 06:27 AM.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    I still like Mustangs and the last run of Thunderbirds (not the retro ones). Stock, the 'Stangs have one of the most unique exhaust notes of any car and they are quite fast, faster than most people are capable of handling properly. Is a stock LS1 faster? Mechanically-speaking, yes, but add in the driver and that could be more or less of an advantage.

A few months ago I saw a Cobra at a parts store that was heavily modded and capable of over 650 rwhp. A lot of money was invested in that car and the owner was rightfully proud of it. Could my 350 or so rwhp LS1 take it in the 1/4? No, not unless a lot of things went right for me and a lot went wrong for him. So what? I drive mine every day and he was at the parts store trying to solve a bad miss that the car had developed. Up to that point, I didn't have anything negative to say about him or his car.

He started talking about street racing and it was obvious that he was big into that. I just kept my mouth shut, as the conversation didn't involve me. When I left the store and was getting in my car, he came out the door and looked over my way. He gave me kudos on my car, and I did the same for him. That Cobra was definitely top-notch and spotless. He cares for that car, no question. Sans the "miss" problem, I would have loved to have had that Cobra too!!! American muscle, and I always find an appreciation with that. Two care dudes (him more than me probably) just enjoying what is there in front of us, the way it should be.

He didn't challenge me to a street race, and I didn't threaten to seize his car and lock him up. Just two guys with a mutual interest. As far as saying Mustang owners are jerks, I'm sure some are but I doubt most are any different than LSx folks. Hell, there are a few members here who are about as obnoxious as they come.

Need I say more?
    I own an 86' Thunderbird, and even though I know it isn't fast I still love it and take care of it. No matter what kind of car someone owns it's how they care for it and enjoy it that matters - not the company logo that determines how someone acts. On top of all that too, it's true, Ford is a great American company and it's nice to see Americans still driving American cars. As much as anyone here may hate Mustangs, try to think of it from that standpoint - at least Ford is an American company (yes I know US car manufacturers make stuff overseas in factories too, and vise-versa, that's not what I'm talking about in this).

I love my Ford and I love my Pontiac.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Need I say more?
    well most of the mustang gt owners i ever run into, to just talk about cars, act like they have the fastest car on the street. that was all i was saying.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I wonder of GT owners say anything about us?

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    This sounds like a good challenge. I think I will look for some quotes from Mustang forums. :nod:
    Last edited by fluke; 03-07-2008 at 02:42 PM.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

since you dont see cars like ours EVERY single day like mustangs, i wouldn't think so.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

"I've always liked WS6's...

I always thought the easy way to spot a WS6 or regular T/A was the massive ram air scoops in the hood?
    I think they look like a mean ass shark kinda thing...It just says "I eat Toyotas and Sh*T hondas" "

"Besides the cocky ls1 drivers, I love those cars, nothing nicer than a nice T/A or nice SS/Z28, Amazing engines in a nice body car. Yeah, I like the look of our mustang's body more, but you gotta respect the power the stock ls1's put out. "

"I have nothing but respect for an LS1 motor, they are tire smoking torque monsters with elephant balls...lol "

That just makes you smile.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I would love to have an 04 GT with a T-56 and LS1 swap, but I will miss the t-tops but have great suspension. IDK too many ups and downs with the f-body vs. stang argument.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    This sounds like a good challenge. I think I will look for some quotes from Mustang forums. :nod:
    you got me thinking about the mustang forums so i went over and took a look. i've been getting a kick out of the "how to beat an ls1" question. heres a quote from one guy telling another guy about ls1's.

"My brother owns a 99 LS1, auto. only mod is a catback. He is going to go full bolt on route...heads/cams yada yada. But i drove the car how it sits now, and let me tell you...i bet you that thing would have gave me a run when i had every bolt on in the book before the blower"

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

I've been cruising the mustang boards and this board since 2000. At that time, there weren't any cars produced any where near the price range of the LS1 that could run like one... I mean nothing that wasn't exotic. The new Mustang Cobras ('99s) were working out bugs and were still running mid-high 13s after the factory bugs were fixed. The car cost around $30k new, and at the same time you could buy a 1LE camaro with an LS1 that'd walk away from any stock Cobra for about $20-23k if memory serves. The mustang GT just received performance upgrades to try and keep up but still only made 260hp rated and the LS1s made 305 under rated.

At that time, from my perspective, I think you'd have found the attitudes completely reversed. LS1 guys called BS on every story that involved a faster car. People fed up with that attitude started calling the LS1 the "motor that god built" or some such variation. I can't even begin to tell you how fun it was to have a H/C/I 302 actual c.i. engine n/a that would embarrass LS1s. Won a little money and LS1 owners wouldn't believe that I wasn't stroked or didn't have nitrous hidden etc...

Except for the new mustang owners who drove a cobra with an over rated (before the recall) 320hp '99, and the new-at-the-time GTs that made a whopping 260hp, most mustang owners drove around in GTs that made a fraction of the power that LS1s made. It was a little depressing in the mustang community. 5.0s were still the undisputed king of the aftermarket industry and even with that a guy had to know what he was doing to get his Heads/cam 5.0 to outrun stock LS1s.

At that time, a lot of LS1 owners were arrogant and cocky, and couldn't accept that any other car short of forced induction could compete with them. Since then, it seems they've/we've mellowed out a little. I guess that's the way it goes when you drive the stand out performance car of the era. It tends to make people think that it is exceptional when the truth is that it's just a production car. Perhaps because mustangs don't have any direct competition they've gotten arrogant, or maybe that's just a skewed perception from the few arrogant mustang owners you've run into.

I'd recommend that you take it as a learning point. If you think you're fast, there's always someone out there waiting in earnest to show you otherwise. So stop trying to be. No one is going to like you for your car. Make it faster because it's fun to do so, not because you want to impress anyone. The way I see it is that we should just have fun together over a common hobby instead of at the expense of another's pride. That said if you have a little to much pride I might get a little satisfaction from bringing you back down to earth

Chris
    Last edited by Chris Arnold; 03-07-2008 at 06:20 PM.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

well most of the mustang gt owners i ever run into, to just talk about cars, act like they have the fastest car on the street. that was all i was saying.

I understand man. Sometimes it's like a guy whose talking smack about how tough he is, then all of a sudden he is standing beside a Gracie. He's gonna feel intimidated yet too prideful to back down.

That's usually when they are taught a lesson.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

I've been cruising the mustang boards and this board since 2000. At that time, there weren't any cars produced any where near the price range of the LS1 that could run like one... I mean nothing that wasn't exotic. The new Mustang Cobras ('99s) were working out bugs and were still running mid-high 13s after the factory bugs were fixed. The car cost around $30k new, and at the same time you could buy a 1LE camaro with an LS1 that'd walk away from any stock Cobra for about $20-23k if memory serves. The mustang GT just received performance upgrades to try and keep up but still only made 260hp rated and the LS1s made 305 under rated.

At that time, from my perspective, I think you'd have found the attitudes completely reversed. LS1 guys called BS on every story that involved a faster car. People fed up with that attitude started calling the LS1 the "motor that god built" or some such variation. I can't even begin to tell you how fun it was to have a H/C/I 302 actual c.i. engine n/a that would embarrass LS1s. Won a little money and LS1 owners wouldn't believe that I wasn't stroked or didn't have nitrous hidden etc...

Except for the new mustang owners who drove a cobra with an over rated (before the recall) 320hp '99, and the new-at-the-time GTs that made a whopping 260hp, most mustang owners drove around in GTs that made a fraction of the power that LS1s made. It was a little depressing in the mustang community. 5.0s were still the undisputed king of the aftermarket industry and even with that a guy had to know what he was doing to get his Heads/cam 5.0 to outrun stock LS1s.

At that time, a lot of LS1 owners were arrogant and cocky, and couldn't accept that any other car short of forced induction could compete with them. Since then, it seems they've/we've mellowed out a little. I guess that's the way it goes when you drive the stand out performance car of the era. It tends to make people think that it is exceptional when the truth is that it's just a production car. Perhaps because mustangs don't have any direct competition they've gotten arrogant, or maybe that's just a skewed perception from the few arrogant mustang owners you've run into.

I'd recommend that you take it as a learning point. If you think you're fast, there's always someone out there waiting in earnest to show you otherwise. So stop trying to be. No one is going to like you for your car. Make it faster because it's fun to do so, not because you want to impress anyone. The way I see it is that we should just have fun together over a common hobby instead of at the expense of another's pride. That said if you have a little to much pride I might get a little satisfaction from bringing you back down to earth

Chris
    chris, it was a joke when i quoted you before, you took it the wrong way. and yeah i think my car is fast but i was not on here boasting about how fast it is or trying to impress anyone, and i certainly know it's not anywhere near as fast as most of the guys on here are turning. i merely posted a thread about a run in that i had with a mustang gt, and it felt good to push him down the road after all of the gt owners i run in to act like they have the "motor that god built". so no hard feelings i hope.
    Brian

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Thumbs up

chris, it was a joke when i quoted you before, you took it the wrong way. and yeah i think my car is fast but i was not on here boasting about how fast it is or trying to impress anyone, and i certainly know it's not anywhere near as fast as most of the guys on here are turning. i merely posted a thread about a run in that i had with a mustang gt, and it felt good to push him down the road after all of the gt owners i run in to act like they have the "motor that god built". so no hard feelings i hope.
    Brian
    This has been one of the best Mustang versus F-body threads in a long time. Just enough smack talk without being overly rude.

That's cool!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

This has been one of the best Mustang versus F-body threads in a long time. Just enough smack talk without being overly rude.

That's cool!
    I couldnt of said it better myself.

that the stroker kits dont perform at the track like they should.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information