Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 1011121314
    10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Didn't bother watching. I know what they are capable of.
    Oh I know you Bob, you watched it alright !

Happy Easter Bud

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Did not.

Neener neener neener.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Opinion or fact? Sounds like a good idea for a game show... "Opinion - or Fact!"

As has been pointed out, the Procharger site uses flywheel HP, not RWHP. Simply put, you either read it wrong, don't understand the difference, or figured nobody would bother to check.

Mach 1....have you ever even raced one? I'm doubting it, but we'll likely just have to take your word for it (or not). All things being equal, the advantage is with the LS1 F-body. But it is close. No doubt closer than you would like to admit.

Just so we're clear....I'm closed-minded because I believe the LSx series is the best mass-produced engine out there. Correct?

Gotcha.

Uh...apologies for the assness.
    use your better judgement.. if i say a friend has a car that..... and has... thats a fact.. not opinion... some have turbos.. some have supercharges.. some have BB strokers.. some are nitrous junkies.. some have a conbination of 2 or 3 of them.. so if i said a friend has.. or i KNOW.. then it might not be a fact... but its something not worth argueing with me about it because ive seen it and nothing that anyone in this world could change my mind about..

your being an ass again.. all your doing is *trying* to prove that i know nothing about what im talking about.. i may not know as much as some.. but i do know my bit.... im not challenging your knows and not knows.. so please stop trying to make me look like some kind of fool for posting up my beliefs and experiences... your trying to ride the.. but i didnt say YOU F*CKING IDIOT.. i just hinted towards it game..

yes i have raced two.. both wins. and i was very satisfied with the outcome.. one was when i was stock.. and one after i was no longer stock.. the second one.. didnt look like a race.. it was exactly what i was expecting.. i havnt ran into any stock mustangs that have ever impressed me.. not at all.. i am usually let down with their performance..

your saying you love ls based engines.. and that you arent being closed minded.. but then it doesnt seem like you are.. because everything i say you must post something against it..

dipshit..

o.. my bad.. im sorry..

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    I guess Bob pretty much covered the responses I would've made. I'm thinking it would take between 10 and 12 psi to make 500 rwhp through an otherwise stock LS1 with a supercharger. With a turbocharger, you *might* be able to do it at 9 psi.

560 at the crank with a rule-of-thumb estimate of 15% drivetrain loss works out to 476 rwhp.

Lemons12, no offense brother, I'm really not trying to upset you here. However, I think you're a little out of your league with regard to your comparisons of forced induction applications. Maybe I misunderstood you there, but that is unrealistic. The LS1 was not engineered to be run with a supercharger. In my opinion, if you want to compete with the cobras, you'd be better off installing nitrous. It would be a lot simpler and less labor intensive. The internals and compression are wrong for a boosted application. So that would mean you'd have to take apart the shortblock if you want to run a supercharger or turbo and take full advantage of it. The internals in the Cobras are basically already aftermarket forged internals. The compression is also just about right at 8.5:1 for a car running on pump gas. That compression actually gives the Cobra a lot of leeway for increasing boost on pump gas without reaching the detonation threshold.

I don't pretend to be the end-all of knowledge on forced induction applications, but I've built two turbocharged mustangs now, and I've spent hundreds of hours researching the subject. So please stop arguing about it.
    already answered... but from what i have seen.. they run VERY well with FI of any kind..

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    No offense, but what the hell are you talking about? Have you seen what blown LS1's are capable of??? Guess not. To say that they are not engineered to be ran with a supercharger makes absolutely no sense. Guys have been converting factory high-compression motors to blower-compatible forged bottom ends for years. The fact that it doesn't come from the factory with a built setup means nothing to someone who has the funds. And to build an LS1/Nitrous setup good enough to compete with 700+rwhp turbo termy's will force you to prep your bottom end anyways
    hehe.. close enough..

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    02ws6dream, how about the 2007 trailblazer ss 390hp 6.0l $31,000. or a 2007 impala ss 303hp 5.3l $28,000. these are two that come to mind if i were in the market for a daily driver, they have the best of both worlds, performance and luxury in an affordable price range. imo
    id rather have a new stang than either one of these...

Just an example of a motor "not intended for boost", built for boost.

awesome vid.. saw it when he first posted it.. bad ass car.. beings it isnt supposed to have FI...

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    awesome vid.. saw it when he first posted it.. bad ass car.. beings it isnt supposed to have FI...

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

No offense, but what the hell are you talking about? Have you seen what blown LS1's are capable of??? Guess not. To say that they are not engineered to be ran with a supercharger makes absolutely no sense. Guys have been converting factory high-compression motors to blower-compatible forged bottom ends for years. The fact that it doesn't come from the factory with a built setup means nothing to someone who has the funds. And to build an LS1/Nitrous setup good enough to compete with 700+rwhp turbo termy's will force you to prep your bottom end anyways
    No offense, but what the hell are YOU talking about? How did you get the impression that I didn't think an LS1 could be built for boost? That impression probably didn't come from this statement of mine which was only two sentences after the one you quoted:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold
    So that would mean you'd have to take apart the shortblock if you want to run a supercharger or turbo and take full advantage of it.
    Look the point I made was in response to:

procharger @ 5psi.............................................. ........ 500rwhp.... hmmm id say thats catching up... o and thats EVERYTHING else BONE stock.... just a fun fact... that can be done for about 5 grand or so...
    We've already established that this statement is a big exaggeration. Now I'm saying:
    In my opinion, if you want to compete with the cobras, you'd be better off installing nitrous. It would be a lot simpler and less labor intensive.
    ...not that LS1s cannot be made compatible with boost.

Lemons12 felt that all you have to do is put a $5k supercharger kit on an LS1 and you'll be looking at 500 rwhp. My point is not only that the idea is false, but also that it makes more sense to look for that power-level with nitrous. Nitrous is compression friendly and boost is not. That means you don't have to go into the shortblock and replace the pistons. That's a lot of work/money to put into the short-block on top of the fact that a blower kit is going to cost more than an equivalent-power nitrous kit.

I didn't say that you wouldn't have to "build" an LS1 to compete with a 700 rwhp Cobra. In fact, I'd like you to show me where I ever talked about competing with a 700 rwhp Cobra. Stop putting words in my mouth. I'm talking about the way the LS1 comes "engineered" from the factory, and how nitrous is a more compatible modification with the stock shortblock than boost.

Chris

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

use your better judgement.. if i say a friend has a car that..... and has... thats a fact.. not opinion... some have turbos.. some have supercharges.. some have BB strokers.. some are nitrous junkies.. some have a conbination of 2 or 3 of them.. so if i said a friend has.. or i KNOW.. then it might not be a fact... but its something not worth argueing with me about it because ive seen it and nothing that anyone in this world could change my mind about..

your being an ass again.. all your doing is *trying* to prove that i know nothing about what im talking about.. i may not know as much as some.. but i do know my bit.... im not challenging your knows and not knows.. so please stop trying to make me look like some kind of fool for posting up my beliefs and experiences... your trying to ride the.. but i didnt say YOU F*CKING IDIOT.. i just hinted towards it game..

yes i have raced two.. both wins. and i was very satisfied with the outcome.. one was when i was stock.. and one after i was no longer stock.. the second one.. didnt look like a race.. it was exactly what i was expecting.. i havnt ran into any stock mustangs that have ever impressed me.. not at all.. i am usually let down with their performance..

your saying you love ls based engines.. and that you arent being closed minded.. but then it doesnt seem like you are.. because everything i say you must post something against it..

dipshit..

o.. my bad.. im sorry..

already answered... but from what i have seen.. they run VERY well with FI of any kind..

hehe.. close enough..

id rather have a new stang than either one of these...

Well, I guess you told me!

Have a nice day.

Bob

PS...I didn't have to prove what you didn't know. You did that quite well all by yourself.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

holy crap! for the past two days now I've been reading through this forum trying to find the end of it...and now I finally have woo! learned and laughed the whole way...i but now is time to throw my opinion I love my ta to death. would not trade it in no matter what happened ..i would just have go buy a honda or something to drive around but I can respect why he traded in the ta for the mustang and glad he enjoys it we all just need to realize that we are one family ..ae all have the common enem..the imports lets have friendly arguments . as to the original post...great kills..even if it Is just a GT well sorry for the lack of punctuation but I typed it al on my phone lol P.S. thank you for serving this great country so that we have the freedom to argue about this kinda stuff chris You are all in our prayers God bless man

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

i know..

Well, I guess you told me!

Have a nice day.

Bob

PS...I didn't have to prove what you didn't know. You did that quite well all by yourself.
    umm where did i prove that i had no idea what i was saying?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 1011121314

Thread Information