Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kia rice

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    ok so this guy in a kia rio pulled up to the lot I was at tonite. he said he had a big shot of nitrous in it. He showed me and it really had it. I was like well that is the most unique thing I have ever seen. he said it would blow my doors off. I asked if he knew what I had and he said no but I know it's slow and then I pointed it out and he laughed. we went on the bridge and ran from a 40 roll. I was trying to video tape the whole thing for a funny rice kill video, but the race was so much of a murder the guy in the car with me never got anything usable. I mean by the time I hit 90 I had about 30 car lengths on him maybe more. then of course a buddy of mine had to fly passed me in his supercharged 02 mustang gt. that would be a no contest against him though. he was supposedly blocking for me though. it was crazy though. he gave me a ricer excuse that his clutch was slipping.

I'm waiting a month or 2 for my race I really want against an import. dude named billy is building his 200sx that he says will destroy my z28 with only a 125 shot of nitrous as far as power adders. I don't think that 4 cylinder can produce 210na to be able to create the power it would need with that nitrous to beat me. I can't wait to destroy him. I'll have what I'll need to beat him by the time he is done. I'll have 340hp when he's done. I got the parts on order already.
    200sx or 240sx? Last time I was at the 1/4 mile track, I lined up with a Turbocharged "sylvia" or whatever 240sx that trapped at 110mph. I destroyed him in 60' time, so I "won" the race, but damn, that thing was fast, so I have to give it props.

The Kia story is hilarious! Nitrous on a Kia? Lol, what will they come up with next, a supercharged Prius?

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    I can't see the vid because of my browser not liking myspace tv. lol. oh well i'll check it out some other time. I have never see cars running on propane before. how does it work?
    Thats cool man, Its kinda a crappy shot, But Prpoane is simple, Runs a converter carb and a vacuum line to regulate it, Most all Rock crawlers are using it now days, It has ALOT of benifits over gas, Its = to 110 octain of fuel, You can run high compression, Most buggies are running 15:0:1 compression with turbo, You don't get the knock on propane that you do on gas so you able to abuse the piss out of it when tuning. You can tune propane leaner than gas b/c your not using it to cool the cylinders, also your plugs, valves, ETC last twice as long b/c it doesn't receive the carbon build up you see on a normal gas engine. Also you only have to change your oil once a year b/c it doesn't see gases in the oil and it doesnt get dirty.

From what I have read, heard, and been told this is most of the benifits, Now the down fall is on a N/A motor your going to loose a little power due to propane isn't as explosive as gas, But in my application if you boosted, All I have to due is crank my turbo another pound or 2 and im right back to the same power plus I have ALOT of room to work for more power.

But propane is so much easier to tune and you don't have to run any maps, and injectors and a ECU to run alot of power so I am personally going to save 3 grand just by switching and not tuning with gas.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    200sx or 240sx? Last time I was at the 1/4 mile track, I lined up with a Turbocharged "sylvia" or whatever 240sx that trapped at 110mph. I destroyed him in 60' time, so I "won" the race, but damn, that thing was fast, so I have to give it props.

The Kia story is hilarious! Nitrous on a Kia? Lol, what will they come up with next, a supercharged Prius?

He stated about a 200sx in the orginal post, But I have a 240sx Im going to come run with.

The 200sx's are FWD, Which I don't understand why anyone with common sense would want to build, But the 240sx are RWD and some, not many but some are QUICK!!!

I have never been to a 1/4 mile track but my 240 should trap 120+MPH

I should be trapping right at or a little over 100MPH in the 1/8th this summer.

The silvia you probably ran at the track more than likely had the sr20 swap which is a 4cyl turbo motor, Its the most popular motor for the 240's, But I personally don't like them, Thats why I went with the RB skyline swap, The RB has some MAd torque for a 6cyl.

Not bragging but I have not had a v8 pull me out of the hole yet. I had a few Nitrous mustangs get me ( Full 6 second drag cars), But not 1 N/A v8 has stood a chance. I think its weird but cool!

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post

200sx. yes the front wheel drive one.

Thread Information