Silver
    1999 Chevy Camaro Convert

Daily Driver KILL '05 Toy Avalon vs SRT-4

So, I'm leaving from a long day at work in my DD it's an 05 toyota avalon these have 280/260 HP/TQ from the factory BTW and I'm pulling up to a light along side of an SRT-4 w/heavy tints and cali tags. So, this guy starts revin his little engine and I can hear the boost. So, I'm like WTF does this lil POS want to race a luxury vehicle for. Well, I've always wanted to hurt one of these guys feeling in the camaro but its in the garage so why not use this oppurtunity to in the DD.

I can't tell what he's doing because of the tints but lights about to change so I preloaded it to about 1500 RPM, light truns green, I launch and pull on him hard I hear the turbo whining like he's giving it everything its gots but I'm gone he had no chance of catching me I had him by a car length or two @ 65-70. We come to another light and he pulls along side me now he rolls down the window and gives a thumbs up and is like WTF I had no idea the avalon had that much power and I'm like I heard your boost how much you runnin and he tells me 13.8 pounds and I'm like yeah right. I told him it must be the driver because you should have pulled on me especially from a dig now he gets angry and rolls up his window. Were about to get on the highway and I'm not done with him yet so, we merge and he takes off there's a lot of traffic and he's weaving in and out trying to lose me. so I catch up with him eventually driving normal speeds. I can tell he's a punk if you know what I mean. Finally we get an openeing and we get side by side were doing about 55 now and I wait for him to go. I hear him take off Boost whining and all I punch it and start to catch him I blow by him around 85 now and buried him agian from a roll. This is when I hit the flashers. I can't wait to get the camaro out of the garage.
    99 Z28 VERT A4 MODS: B&M transcooler, LS6 Intake, Pacesetter LT, ORY pipe, Flowmaster AT cat-back, SLP LID, UMI SFC, Hotchkis RLCA'S & STB. Tuned by Speed inc.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Nice One,he Must Have Done Something Wrong I Would Think,he Should Have Taken You With That Much Boost,but Hey The Faster Car Sometimes Isnt Always The Fastest

Any Mods On The Avalon?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Damn, I would of never expected that from an avalon lol

Silver

No mods bone stock It had to have been the driver IMO

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

really shitty driver, good kill in the dd

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    really shitty driver, good kill in the dd
    THAT AINT NO LIE

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Good kill. Stupid driver. But thats not anykind of boost for a srt-4. Mine was pushing 21lbs. But you gotta think to. 21lbs on a small turbo like that compared to 21lbs on a 61mm or so is wayyy different. But good kill

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Goat View Post
    Good kill. Stupid driver. But thats not anykind of boost for a srt-4. Mine was pushing 21lbs. But you gotta think to. 21lbs on a small turbo like that compared to 21lbs on a 61mm or so is wayyy different. But good kill
    What kind of 1/4 mile times did your SRT-4 do w/21 lbs boost? How much HP 2 if you know?

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by 99DROPTOPZ View Post
    What kind of 1/4 mile times did your SRT-4 do w/21 lbs boost? How much HP 2 if you know?
    Crappy 13.2s but my trap was 111. 291WHP 343QTRQ

Silver

Thats pretty good on the trap times and a lot of torque too. You must have had horrible traction issues I've heard that the SRT 4 stock was low to mid 13's

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by 99DROPTOPZ View Post
    Thats pretty good on the trap times and a lot of torque too. You must have had horrible traction issues I've heard that the SRT 4 stock was low to mid 13's
    Yea i should have done more traction mods to begin with. The tied record for a stock Srt-4 is a 13.6. But most get a 13.8-14.2. I was able to get a 13.79 out of mine

Silver

with the traction mods I know you would have been in the 12's not bad for the times on your stock run though

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Thanks man

Silver

your welcome and thanks to everyone that chimed in on this thread. This was my first kill story. many more to come...

Resident SRT-4 ambassador

Black
    2005 SRT-4

Hah, good kill.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

There is some people that can drive and others that can't. My buddy took his turbo Honda to the track, Dude couldn't drive to save his life. Spun 1st,2nd and half of 3rd, every pass, I was like WTF? He still pulled a 9.2 in the 1/8th, He lets me drive it for a pass ( Note my first time ever driving a Honda LOL) I was able to slip the clutch through first hardly spinning and got him an 8.29 @ 96MPH. LOL, It was a fast car but no matter how fast or how much power you have if you can't drive it. He has not been back to the track since and actually sold his car a few months ago.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

I can't tell what he's doing because of the tints but lights about to change so I preloaded it to about 1500 RPM, light truns green, I launch and pull on him hard I hear the turbo whining like he's giving it everything its gots but I'm gone he had no chance of catching me
    Turbo's don't whine at all. If I was thinking of a description to use for a turbo, the last option would be whine.

I'm like I heard your boost how much you runnin and he tells me 13.8 pounds and I'm like yeah right. I told him it must be the driver because you should have pulled on me especially from a dig now he gets angry and rolls up his window.
    Boost does not equal power, airflow equals power. I've tried explaining this a bunch of times, but I guess I'll do it again. Boost pressure means NOTHING without knowing the other variables, one of the big ones is the size of the turbo, and compression ratio.

Were about to get on the highway and I'm not done with him yet so, we merge and he takes off there's a lot of traffic and he's weaving in and out trying to lose me. so I catch up with him eventually driving normal speeds. I can tell he's a punk if you know what I mean. Finally we get an openeing and we get side by side were doing about 55 now and I wait for him to go. I hear him take off Boost whining and all I punch it and start to catch him I blow by him around 85 now and buried him agian from a roll. This is when I hit the flashers. I can't wait to get the camaro out of the garage.

I'm impressed that you killed even a stock SRT-4 from a roll, because they are NASTY from a roll, they weigh nothing.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

As far as PSI, some people running higher PSI suck at driving and in return f*ck themselves. It also depends on the mods done too...oh, and I hear the younger model ones suck more then the newer. My friend is only running 8 PSI in his, and I gotta say for what it is, and with all the mods done its a nice sleeper against other SRT-4's, and other cars in its class.
    Last edited by Cronex; 05-29-2008 at 02:59 PM.

Resident SRT-4 ambassador

Black
    2005 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by Cronex View Post
    As far as PSI, some people running higher PSI suck at driving and in return f*ck themselves. It also depends on the mods done too...oh, and I hear the younger model ones suck more then the newer. My friend is only running 8 PSI in his, and I gotta say for what it is, and with all the mods done its a nice sleeper against other SRT-4's, and other cars in its class.
    Only 8psi? Odd...I'd be curious to know what his setup is.

Thread Information