Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Nice numbers and the extra cooling is love.

If you are a racer, you can set the pump's relay to also get a trigger voltage when the fans are on and in the PCM, there is a parameter that lets you run the fans for 2 and a half mins if temp is above XXX. Set it low if you are at the track and you will get some nice cooling at turn off.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

video is up...

red
    2002 z/28

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    video is up...

damn i got a chubby.
    Last edited by crazy dave ls1; 09-05-2008 at 03:45 PM.

blue
    71 Datsun 240Z

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by seasponge View Post
    I installed a new Meziere pump onto my LS1 and right after install I took it out for a spin. The lack of parasitic loss made for a much faster reving engine and I definetly felt the power go up. I'm not sure how much power the pump reclaims (+/- 10-12hp) but it was money well spent, specially since it pumps at an astonishing 55 GPM! Imagine sitting on stop and go traffic with your A/C running full blast while others are overheating. Not you my friend, you're constantly pumping 55 GPM! And I don't run a thermostat so its even better!

Here is the site:
    http://www.meziere.com/searchresult.aspx?p=1&k=WP319
    Meziere also makes remote mount (one the bulkhead) and radiator mounted pumps. The last one could be a boon for those of you who have done engine swaps into really tight engine compartments. The Chevy into Austin Healey or Datsun 240Z's come to mind. A/H are really tight and those swaps always have overheating issues up front. With an electric radiator mounted pump, a serious aftermarket 16 inch puller fan and shroud might be mounted between radiator and engine block.

I know of one Meziere pump that has two years and 25,000 miles on it in traffic w/o issues.

We have drive by wire as pretty standard in GM and electric power steering in imported vehicles. I suspect it is only a matter of time before electric water pumps will be OEM. Consider that every modern commercial airliner uses electric motors to operate rudder, trim tabs, and flaps.

g

g

Drag racing is a disease! RacerBob's Avatar

Maroon
    2000 Z28

Damn!!! Something else I have to add to my list. Thank you for posting your results.
    Drag racing...just another numbers game.

Vortech Super Charger, 9" w/4.11, 3200 Stall, BMR SFC, BMR TracPak, !MAF screen, 160 T-Stat.

10's N/A

Nice! Sounds mean.
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A

black
    2000 trans am ws6

anybody know what the average price is to have a water pump installed? non electric.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

its something you can do yourself of just the price of picking up a water pump...

personally i could see more than $150 for labor/install/coolant bleed and top off...

black
    2002 WS6

had mine done at the dealer (yea I know but where I am its the only place I trust to work on the LS1). but mine was around the $300 mark. I had already purchased the pump.

black
    2000 trans am ws6

yea.. i had all the parts and everything else needed. only reason i didnt wanna do it myself was the whole not having the correct tools. but i did it anyway. haha. took me about 3 1/2 - 4 hrs.i spent more time fukin around with the hoses. pain in the ass. i flushed it out and all. put the 160 on. dont exactly notice a big difference with it tho. all in all i saved 200 bucks. then found out that my brothers friend (mechanic) said hed do it for 100. o well. ill have him look at some other things needed to be looked at. i also think i need to replace the power steering pump. not sure

White
    1999 WS6 Trans am

Usually more deceiving once you get going it isnt that bad. And you know its done RIGHT. I have alot of mechanics work on my stuff and had to re due it when they were done!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information